Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see this UFO last Friday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

TCM wrote: »
    Longford , Roscommon , surely Leitrim next or Cavan , yeah definitely Cavan.

Why would aliens bother flying over those kips?

Anal probing dude, anal probing and cattle mutilation

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

TCM wrote: »
    Why would aliens bother flying over those kips?

You have obviously not spent time in either county. They are lovely places with very nice people. I am from neither county but I have spent lots of good times in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Universe is so so big compared to what we thought 20 years ago that I think it could be anything and could very possible be other life.

Or else all these Pilots down the years are on the sauce.

Wasn't there some fella in Australia followed by some craft years ago and vanished?

Ipso wrote: »
    wexie wrote: »
    Anal probing dude, anal probing and cattle mutilation

I don't know, there's some tough competition there already.

Bothers me more than it should when a reply comes before the post it quotes...

Maybe there's a hole in the space time continuum

You have obviously not spent time in either county. They are lovely places with very nice people. I am from neither county but I have spent lots of good times in both.

As we saw recently not everyone minds a bit of anal probing. We're not judging tayto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was anyone probed????

Did moulder and Scully come back??

Was it just the sleigh and reindeer from national Lampoon's Christmas?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Just us visiting ourselves.. class full of future kids on an excursion to see what eejits we all were back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

L Ron Hubbard & Tom Cruise off on a weekend break

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's a drone

The question should be who's was it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Gatling wrote: »
    It's a drone

The question should be who's was it

Lord Xenu, of Outer Orion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Did moulder and Scully come back??

He goes around making fresh bread go off sooner than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

What is the furthest a fast drone could fly right now I wonder, bearing in mind the military hide the really good stuff from us :D

What is the furthest a fast drone could fly right now I wonder, bearing in mind the military hide the really good stuff from us :D

A predator drone can be airborne for over 12 hours, and they're pretty old in the grand scheme of things

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Might be yer man coming home in the balloon from the flat Earth expo...

Northern lights

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The Universe is so so big compared to what we thought 20 years ago that I think it could be anything and could very possible be other life.

Or else all these Pilots down the years are on the sauce.

Wasn't there some fella in Australia followed by some craft years ago and vanished? QUOTE]

I take it this is what you are referring to.

http://www.military-airshows.co.uk/unex12.htm

Northern lights

Sure it could also have been Venus, Mars, Jupiter, swamp gas......... whatever you fancy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Northern lights

Aurora borealis
    At this time of day
    At this time of year
    Localised entirely in your kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Asteroid bouncing off earths atmosphere.

Obvious is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Back in the summer of 2001 I was working in arklow. I was cycling home from work at around 5pm on a sunny evening when I saw a large ball of light blazing through the sky over towards Avoca. I mentioned it in work the following day but no one heard or saw anything. Nothing in the news either.

Never seen a meteorite during the day before or since. However it was clearly a meteorite as you see a long trail behind it as it started to break up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html

A Pentagon UFO program was disclosed to the public last year. The guy who ran this said there are multiple programs run by other agencies but they are not going to be spoken about as they are still classified. They also have more UFO videos not declassified yet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It was probably Dick, Harry, Sally and Tommy coming back to Earth for a quick visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Asteroid bouncing off earths atmosphere.

Obvious is obvious.

But would that not be a meteoroid? (i.e. smaller particle) that was unable to penetrate the atmosphere, not an asteroid (larger rocky body).

An asteroid would surely have a more intense flash, colours, breakup and even perhaps a sonic boom, of which none seems to have been reported. A big rock wouldn't 'bounce off' the astmosphere if traveling with any size or intensity.

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Back in the summer of 2001 I was working in arklow. I was cycling home from work at around 5pm on a sunny evening when I saw a large ball of light blazing through the sky over towards Avoca. I mentioned it in work the following day but no one heard or saw anything. Nothing in the news either.

Never seen a meteorite during the day before or since. However it was clearly a meteorite as you see a long trail behind it as it started to break up.

That would seem to have been either a fireball meteor or else a piece of orbiting junk burning up in the atmosphere. Either way, if it was bright enough to be seen in full daylight, it must have been something relatively large.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

aziz wrote: »
    Aurora borealis
    At this time of day
    At this time of year
    Localised entirely in your kitchen

Can I see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Over a hundred replies and no-one posted this yet.

Lads, come on

Sure what else could it realistically be except a legit 100% Alien encounter. They had one look a Leitrim from a distance and thought, fck it, we'll head to somewhere else where's there at least a sign of intelligent life.

Wake up sheeple!

I've seen the top secret ultra classified US millitary papers on the internet. They are really top-top-top secret. I've seen them like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html

A Pentagon UFO program was disclosed to the public last year. The guy who ran this said there are multiple programs run by other agencies but they are not going to be spoken about as they are still classified. They also have more UFO videos not declassified yet.

Payback to political donor.
    Now the same binch is milking people via the trapezoid scheme To the Stars set up by former singer with Blink182.

Sure it could also have been Venus, Mars, Jupiter, swamp gas......... whatever you fancy yourself.

Swamp gas..... That sounds nice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Ipso wrote: »
    Payback to political donor.
    Now the same binch is milking people via the trapezoid scheme To the Stars set up by former singer with Blink182.

False info you really should listen to someone who knows what happened. Different defence contractors were bidding also included https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/index.html

Defence contractors were very interested in securing access to the classified stuff.

George Knapp addresses all the Skeptic questions during this interview.

Knapp said one of the reasons more information doesn't leak out is due to religious grounds. People in power even at the Pentagon have strong religious views about the subject. They think UFOs are demonic?

• Advertisement

Was it a taxi????

Advertisement