Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

R Kings and other car raffles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

mloc123 wrote: »
    You have paid for a service, you should expect that it meets certain standards

You didnt pay for a service. You entered a competition. Up to you what you do with it.

I like what R Kings do but giving away a 9 year old 520D?!

Sure its only a £2 ticket but still, thats a bit rough!

£14k they make on a car that probably cost them about £7k, then they add on those stupid after market wheels which they seem to do with all their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have things got that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

I like what R Kings do but giving away a 9 year old 520D?!

Sure its only a £2 ticket but still, thats a bit rough!

£14k they make on a car that probably cost them about £7k, then they add on those stupid after market wheels which they seem to do with all their cars.

Still a grand car for 2 yo yo's, wheels are savage also!

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Still a grand car for 2 yo yo's, wheels are savage also!

1 in 6995 chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Have things got that bad

Has the bubble popped on these raffles or was just it a COVID boredom bubble that had people hooked for a while?

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'm told that was a mechanic or his son that did that out show boating. The gold R(cough) was a better one. Engine was ejected out of the car. :eek:

LOL! Golf R wrapped, what happened there!?

LOL! Golf R wrapped, what happened there!?

I thought it was white? Could be mistaken, hit a tree a fence and bits all over someone's garden wasn't it.

I thought it was white? Could be mistaken, hit a tree a fence and bits all over someone's garden wasn't it.

Jaysus! yeah actually meant rapped as in crashed, any pics!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Jaysus! yeah actually meant rapped as in crashed, any pics!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcbIOcsLAM&ab_channel=WhatsAppcraicbuzzr

• Advertisement

McKinneys must spend some amount on advertising. But they also make savage money on their cars. £60k on the golf is their projected return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Beautiful G Wagon up on R Kings now.

Aside from the two exhausts on the back looking mildly silly on a Ranger, this one that McKinney have looks class. I'd enter it myself, if I wasn't trying to get a mortgage over the line (and if I won, I'd take the cash anyway).

ranger.jpg

Considering how many people from the Republic this is advertised at, they really should include cash to the amount of the necessary bills that come with it, or offer it as 'ready to go' (and they do all the paper work side of stuff for you). Silly as it may sound, a lot of people can't afford a free jeep.

That looks like it would melt if left out in the sun too long. I think rangers are becoming the new middle aged boy racer car.

It doesn't have a diff lock either which seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Truckermal wrote: »
    That's only a R line and not a Golf R..

Yep that's why I'd added *cough after it at the time ;)

That looks like it would melt if left out in the sun too long.

I'd be willing to take that risk. :P

I think rangers are becoming the new middle aged boy racer car.

Personally I certain Rangers (I'm quite fond of the 'FORD' grille on some of them). The VW Amarok Canyon looks good, too. I would be as far removed from a 'boy racer' as you can get though. I just think they're nice looking.

They are, however, useless for day to day life, I'd imagine (based on what would be my usage, anyway). The boot being a separate, unheated, borderline 'outdoor' area makes them pretty crap for anyone that's not a gardener or farmer... though in fairness, that is the target market.

I reckon these pick ups would do better if they started to build a model with an internal "boot", like the Pathfinder or Pajero, but in the style of a traditional 'pick up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ive entered the last few camper ones on McKinney. Really fancy having a camper and a 100 grand one is the type id like :)

I cringe when I see some of the rangers going around doing their finest to replicate a raptor with more plastic than a recycling centre.

Pickups are a great all rounders but due to the fact we don't live amongst honest folk and the inability to secure the bed load it makes them a target in certain areas. I certainly wouldn't keep one in a city, they're more of a country mobile and most city ones aren't really used for the purpose intended.

The amarok is an odd one as they're now discontinued but I thought they were one of the nicer ones on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sick g wagon or 125k cash on r kings now. Saving for a house so I'd have to take the cash :(

Silly as it may sound, a lot of people can't afford a free jeep.

Don't enter so! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I cringe when I see some of the rangers going around doing their finest to replicate a raptor with more plastic than a recycling centre.

Pickups are a great all rounders but due to the fact we don't live amongst honest folk and the inability to secure the bed load it makes them a target in certain areas. I certainly wouldn't keep one in a city, they're more of a country mobile and most city ones aren't really used for the purpose intended.

The amarok is an odd one as they're now discontinued but I thought they were one of the nicer ones on the road.

Replacement for the Amorok is a rebadged Ranger

Replacement for the Amorok is a rebadged Ranger

Oh really, It'll be interesting to see the body styling.

Don't enter so! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jaysus, and there was i mistaking this for a discussion forum. Forgot it was California Dreamer's own personal board of opinions and thoughts. My bad.

Jaysus, and there was i mistaking this for a discussion forum. Forgot it was California Dreamer's own personal board of opinions and thoughts. My bad.

Ah bless, so if I disagree with what you are saying its no longer a discussion and is just my own personal board of opinions?

But seriously what is with the snowflake attitude that a company that holds a competition owes you something? Is the actual prize not enough?

If people cannot 'afford' to win a new jeep do not take part, play the lotto instead.

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    Maybe it’s because your moany know it all attitude is killing this tread, we get it, you don’t like these competitions and have made this very clear through your 100+ repetitive posts. Maybe try not clicking on this thread unless of course you enjoy being moany, life is too short man!

Well that is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I love these competitions!!! I love them so much. I have always supported what they did. Sure some of the cars they have had have been a bit ropey (like a 9 year old 520D) but having someone come on and say they couldn't afford to win is just silly. Nobody is forced to enter these or any competition.

I won a car off R Kings at the end of last year, so have some experience in the process and how you get your prize or decide to sell it back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Nice one, what did you win?

Well that is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I love these competitions!!! I love them so much. I have always supported what they did. Sure some of the cars they have had have been a bit ropey (like a 9 year old 520D) but having someone come on and say they couldn't afford to win is just silly. Nobody is forced to enter these or any competition.

I won a car off R Kings at the end of last year, so have some experience in the process and how you get your prize or decide to sell it back to them.

Apologies I got you mixed up with another poster (the one who was constantly moaning and derailing the thread), I’ve deleted my post

• Advertisement

maddness wrote: »
    Nice one, what did you win?

A car, with a few £2 entries.

I didn't keep. Had it sold back to them in the space of 24 hours at a fairly low ball offer but hey it was free money either way.

Advertisement