Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

R Kings and other car raffles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

I've entered a few of the McKinney competitions recently, just saw today that in the terms and conditions, under 'eligibility', it states that you must be a UK resident to win: https://mckinneycompetitions.com/terms/

The whole thing is a bit confusing and misleading as you can see loads of ROI winners in the previous winners section and each competition on fb post highlights 'free delivery to UK and Ireland'.

I wonder if this is a recent change due to Brexit or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Both Rkings and Mc Kinneys have now released big prize money draws today

Rkings 2 x E100,000 E25 a ticket

Mc Kinney 1 x E250,0000. E29.97 a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ElitesTeam

They are offering free entry on Facebook if you like and share. Are they actually adding the free entry's?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    They are offering free entry on Facebook if you like and share. Are they actually adding the free entry's?

No harm in doing so as they get the money either way... Draw goes ahead when sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭celt262

Both Rkings and Mc Kinneys have now released big prize money draws today

Rkings 2 x E100,000 E25 a ticket

Mc Kinney 1 x E250,0000. E29.97 a ticket

How long before one of them does one for 1 millions dollars $$$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ElitesTeam

No harm in doing so as they get the money either way... Draw goes ahead when sold out.

I entered via Facebook like and share for a free entry. I will report back if I was added to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

They pick just 3 of those I think for the free entry , definitely worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭celt262

They pick just 3 of those I think for the free entry , definitely worth a shot
    Yep it is only a chance to win a free entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I’ve previously won a free entry by liking and sharing the raffle on Rkings. They emailed me to tell me my entry number. Unfortunately my number didn’t come up.

On another note, my best mate won a Ducati SuperSport on RK a few days ago.the draw was at 12:30 and they delivered the bike to his door at 9pm that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

mojesius wrote: »
    I've entered a few of the McKinney competitions recently, just saw today that in the terms and conditions, under 'eligibility', it states that you must be a UK resident to win: https://mckinneycompetitions.com/terms/

The whole thing is a bit confusing and misleading as you can see loads of ROI winners in the previous winners section and each competition on fb post highlights 'free delivery to UK and Ireland'.

I wonder if this is a recent change due to Brexit or something.

I contacted them and got this in reply

Due to new FB regulations we have to make some slight changes to our Ts & Cs to satisfy their marketing content. We are working with our legal teams in the ROI to have this content authorised to suit FB rules for advertising in ROI. we still take entrants from ROI and still deliver to ROI. it’s just a temporary status and you will not be affected by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

How do people enter the RKings draw?

It won't take payment from me, I've tried various different cards and none seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

How do people enter the RKings draw?

It won't take payment from me, I've tried various different cards and none seem to be working.

Message them on FB, they'd be better to sort this for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

McKinneys with some good raffles lately. They gave away £250k and now they've a 3 bed apartment in Belfast + a range rover (or cash of £400k). Only a matter of time before we have a million pound giveaway, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

The_B_Man wrote: »
    McKinneys with some good raffles lately. They gave away £250k and now they've a 3 bed apartment in Belfast + a range rover (or cash of £400k). Only a matter of time before we have a million pound giveaway, I'd say.

I saw that alright they are making almost 300 grand if it sells out. £99.97 per ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 uiolfg

I think it's true ...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

If you won a car, to avoid VRT could you sell it in the North? And then is that not taxed?

If you won a car, to avoid VRT could you sell it in the North? And then is that not taxed?

They tend to give you that option at a loss to you as such.... You still a winner either way though...

Say a car is worth 40k and to vrt wouldn't be worth it, you could work out s deal with them where they may give you 35k for it, they'd have a buyer or the original owner etc to take it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

As I pointed out before. I won in December. I valued the car at £14k. They offered my £9k. Serious low ball figure, less than trade price. So anyone thinking of winning a £40k car and getting £35k is not going to happen.

I could have took the car, duty paid it, advertised it etc

BUT

With 2 phone calls and a text I had £9k in my bank account within 24 hours with a £2 entry!!! (No brainer really)

I subsequently found the car online for sale in a dealer or £12500.

No doubt they make good money doing what they do but it is a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

They tend to give you that option at a loss to you as such.... You still a winner either way though...

Say a car is worth 40k and to vrt wouldn't be worth it, you could work out s deal with them where they may give you 35k for it, they'd have a buyer or the original owner etc to take it....

Won't happen. A friend won a €45k car they offered him £21k sterling. We buy any car were offering him more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Won't happen. A friend won a €45k car they offered him £21k sterling. We buy any car were offering him more.

A lot of cars that are €45k here are low to mid 20’s in the UK.

• Advertisement

maddness wrote: »

My thoughts exactly and what seems like a rare car here can be run of the mill over there.

For fluck sake I was giving an example......

Of course they will low ball.....

For fluck sake I was giving an example......

Of course they will low ball.....

Relax there kid I was giving a real example that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

maddness wrote: »

What did he eventually get for it?
    As in didn't d he go down the we buy any car route?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

My thoughts exactly and what seems like a rare car here can be run of the mill over there.

Yeah crazy the difference in price, runs runs a 520 m sports( n of Ireland) something or other, paid less than half price compared to another connection here in Cork who bought similar, madness

Relax there kid I was giving a real example that's all.

You wrote smart highlighting my comment...

Ain't no kid and very much relaxed hence why I wasn't attacking anyone's post but you on the other hand....

Please don't try to be such a smart arse it doesn't suit you at all....

You wrote smart highlighting my comment...

Ain't no kid and very much relaxed hence why I wasn't attacking anyone's post but you on the other hand....

Please don't try to be such a smart arse it doesn't suit you at all....

I was correcting your post where as you seem to be intent on attacking the poster because I gave an actual example as opposed to a guess. Calm yourself there you're making yourself look foolish over nothing. Go for a walk or something :rolleyes:

I was correcting your post where as you seem to be intent on attacking the poster because I gave an actual example as opposed to a guess. Calm yourself there you're making yourself look foolish over nothing. Go for a walk or something :rolleyes:

What are you on about, I attacked nobody.

Oh dear lord Jebus

What did he eventually get for it?
    As in didn't d he go down the we buy any car route?
    Thanks

Sorry I missed your question.

He ended up keeping it. Took a gamble that brexit would push up second hand premium car prices and I'd say it was a good bet. I think the VRT was around €13k so a bitter pill to swallow but a very nice car for €13k + raffle entry fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

As I pointed out before. I won in December. I valued the car at £14k. They offered my £9k. Serious low ball figure, less than trade price. So anyone thinking of winning a £40k car and getting £35k is not going to happen.

I could have took the car, duty paid it, advertised it etc

Could you have just put in on Done Deal or something (I am not sure if they use that in NI, but something similar anyway) and sold it yourself in NI without paying any VRT?

Advertisement