Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

R Kings and other car raffles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Mini diggers seem to be the newest thing to raffle seen a good companies offering them as raffle prizes

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Was tempted by the RS6 or €180k, had a ticket in my basket before I thought I'd check their T&Cs out.

T&Cs appear to permit them to keep pushing out the draw until they sell all their (~€270-€330k worth) of tickets. Currently claiming to have sold 11% of them.

"Alternative Cash Draw Information

If the competition is not full, the timer will add some time in order for all the tickets to sell on the competition. This will happen a maximum of 4 times if the competition is still not sold out a cash alternative will be awarded instead and only the people that have entered will go into the live draw.Alternative cash will be awarded of 70% tickets sold after marketing and processing fees."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wincar seem to have draws that last for flipping ages.

Rkings have a nice one at the moment, choose between RS6 Avant or M3 - VRT for both are off the charts though (over 40k)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I noticed a new raffle website with a new 4k TV going for €5 a ticket which seems reasonable. Has a business address, phone number too, seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Storm had an incredible ferrari up - had to buy a ticket for it as it was the ferrari or 140k

• Advertisement

Oh I deffo would have bought a ticket to that. Just looked at that other site now, they are doing free competition for Airpods just for a follow. Might try my luck. https://www.facebook.com/Dreamwinners.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

R Kings now majority owned by an American gaming company, 80% sold for 10m

Wonder if people will be happy with all that money leaving the country now, won't be spent here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I doubt most people will notice/care as long as they win something.

Most of these raffle sites seemed to have had their day back when most of Europe was in lockdown and people had a little spare money to spend. I can see that the draws have slowed down at this stage and plenty of them are being rescheduled as not enough tickets are being sold to cover the prizes, whereas during lockdown, draws would sell out in days for the most part.

I've not entered one of these raffles since the end of 2020 and I have several friends who are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭bladespin

Weren't R Kings always UK based? But tbh it never bothered me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Ooosch Giveaways have a cracking 2018 BMW 5 series m sport there for €15!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Does it really matter, I'm not too pushed on any of my tax money being used to fund Varadkars multiple holidays no more than keeping it wine o clock for Boris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Having seen their 'set up' in Newry last year when I won, it was just a lot in an industrial park with a load of new and old cars. Its all in their online presence and the way they dress up the prizes. Fair play to the lads. The saw a gap in the market and made a pile of money and now have made even more selling it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm very jelaous of those lads, it's such an easy way of making money, you just need people.

There's loads of copycats trying it too. I saw a Luckyday competitions sponsored post on facebook. It must have been on for a solid 6 months. Then I think farmers journal noted the first lucky day winner was an announced for that prize, a ford tractor.

I do wonder how much people are spending on these comps. You only hear the winners for a ticket cost of 20 pounds of whatever.

I do find them expensive enough, I haven't entered any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I won a BMW with a few £2 entries. Didn't keep it, sold it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

They have a Huracan Performante up for grabs now 😎

Assuming its on UK not NI plates whats the best way to keep the car if a handsome ROI person such as myself would win, move to the UK and work for a year then apply for VRT exemption coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Yep, this came to pass. They only sold 38% of their tickets, and wouldn't you know it, the prize is no longer an RS6 / €180k, but €90k. You could dip out fr a full refund if you replied back before 11am (mail went out a little after midnight) as prize is half the value now.

I don't have any reason to suspect they didn't intend to offer the full prize, but if they take no risk at all when they can't get to their target, why would you choose to send it there? I doubt I'll go with them again, but I also didn't look for a refund. Only got 1 ticket, but at a 40% discount, I'm hanging on to the slim (1/3729 unless there's schnakey trickery afoot) chance of €90k, which would probably still build my dream garage.

"Sales are now closed for RS6, as we been restricted from advertising for past two months on facebook Audi RS6 wasn’t sold out. 

As per our terms & conditions we going to proceed with cash alternative draw tomorrow, we gathered €90,000 after discounts and is all going for tomorrow's draw.

If you are unhappy with our decision please contact us and we will cancel your order and issue full refund before 11am tomorrow. Entry list will be available at around 12pm which will be emailed to you. Draw will go ahead at approximately 9pm

Thanks for Understanding

Wincar.ie Team"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

Just bought a couple of tickets for phones they are raffling if i am lucky enough to win will anpost be looking for a cut out of it ie customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

If it’s one of the northern raffle companies then just go up and collect prize off them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

If it's a prize ie I only paid tickets price when custom s asked how much I paid . They can't charge the same as a gift.

I wouldn't be so sure. Revenue and customs have valuations for everything. I doubt they will believe that an iPhone 13 pro max or whatever the prize is only cost 10 quid.

As another said, you can anyways drive North and collect if you win but chances are that you'll be OK.... May be worth the gamble. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I see McKinney have an Audi q7 2021 reg for a raffle tomorrow, I did a quick calculation basic info etc on VRT it came in at €33k wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭celt262

These guys seem to be coming under a bit of pressure as they are now selling tickets for .99p and under for a lot of the competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublintom16

R-King's are very legit, I won a F1 package to the Italian grand Prix this September, cost me £10. They rang me that evening (Monday night) I won it and the travel agent was in contact with me the next day. (Wife was going to bring me for my 40th so saved a bundle of money). My brother also won a top of the range Drone and accessories worth around a grand or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭WacoKid

I won a car. They rang few mins after the Weds draw and I collected it in Newry following Mon. They said they would deliver also if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It is a scam I entered thousands of times and never won anything. Deffo scam.

That's a joke I never entered ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

You could also say it was a fad and when someone spends a €100 on a few tickets and win nothing the don’t be long getting cured.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was at my last call with work earlier. Saw an English reg rs6 in the spot the owner usually parks. Strange. He was telling me he wanted to trade his Etron for one a while back. In I go. Yep, it's his. Won it on RKings. Gas. His daughter won a trip to some grand prix recently too. And a young lad who works for him had an M4 last week. I thought he was paying them too much wages, turns out he was party of the treble. 3 winners, same shop, 2 weeks. Unreal coincidence.

I've a ticket bought for the r golf. Low odds. Could do with a bit of good fortune lately. Losing my job after 26 years next week. I feel old.

Advertisement