Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Rant1 wrote: »
    I got an email to say I'm being considered for a position. Have to go through clearance process. There was three attachments in the email. Might be a stupid question but do I need to print the documents, fill them in and then scan them or do I just fill them in on the computer?

Print sign then scan ...you only need to print the ones you need to actually sign . Well that's what I did..pm if you need help

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

L390 wrote: »
    Print sign then scan ...you only need to print the ones you need to actually sign . Well that's what I did..pm if you need help

Thanks L390. Was hoping I could just digitally sign them but I'll have to get access to a printer now.

Thanks L390. Was hoping I could just digitally sign them but I'll have to get access to a printer now.

I'm in Cabra if thats any use to you if need to print. ..I think you've 3 days to return them ..double check the deadline date

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

I'm in Cabra if thats any use to you if need to print. ..I think you've 3 days to return them ..double check the deadline date

Deadline is tomorrow. I was in a flap and sent an email to PAS before I posted here. They got back to me and said digital signature is ok. Or a pasted pic of your signature in the signature area.

Cheers for the offer though.

Deadline is tomorrow. I was in a flap and sent an email to PAS before I posted here. They got back to me and said digital signature is ok. Or a pasted pic of your signature in the signature area.

Cheers for the offer though.

Really ???? I had to sign and scan ...best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Any idea what number they have reached in Dublin? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

So the application for has 3 spaces for work experience, should i create more space?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Anyone get questions about IT skills in the interview. I can happily formulate any spreadsheet if it’s in front of me but not sure I could talk some one through it without the program open ☹️

Only took 2 days for my e-vetting to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bob.thebuilder

Hi. I have interview next week for custom officer position, anyone got an idea what kind of questions I should expect. Anyone who had their interview done already might be able to help me. You can PM me if you like. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Me too best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Gumbi wrote: »
    Got a message today in Irish asking me to send my level of Irish according to the European self assessment framework to a particular email as part of the Irish clerical job.

Is this a standard thing or does it bode well that I got this message today? Maybe everyone else who ticked Irish got it too?

Thanks!
    Did you get the next application form due back tomorrow? Finding it difficult to fill in

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

Does anyone know if Civil Service staff outside of Dublin are back in their offices? Even on a part time basis, or is it all WFH for the forseeable future?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Catd1980

Anyone know how Laois and Kilkenny are progressing? I'm OOM 258 for Laois & 274 Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Does anyone know if Civil Service staff outside of Dublin are back in their offices? Even on a part time basis, or is it all WFH for the forseeable future?

I have friends working in three different depts and 1 is back part time (split shifts) and the other two are still WFH . My husband works for a public body (but not civil service) and they are transitioning back to the office but don’t have to go to the office if they don’t want to .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

Catd1980 wrote: »
    Anyone know how Laois and Kilkenny are progressing? I'm OOM 258 for Laois & 274 Kilkenny.

2 for Kilkenny unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Eeek! Interview Tuesday week for longford. For anyone interested I'm oom 41.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

nala2012 wrote: »
    Did you get the next application form due back tomorrow? Finding it difficult to fill in

I didn't :( Sounds like my email past the cutoff point which included the application number that I had forgotten in the first email wasn't accepted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Garzard

Any indication on how many Customs Officer posts are available? Interviewed during the week, prepared hard and it went pretty well. Then heard yesterday that I met the qualifying standard, but only got a very average score, and won't know my OOM until the end of the month. Shame.

Garzard wrote: »
    Any indication on how many Customs Officer posts are available? Interviewed during the week, prepared hard and it went pretty well. Then heard yesterday that I met the qualifying standard, but only got a very average score, and won't know my OOM until the end of the month. Shame.

Not sure how many positions are available but I have an interview next week, my OOM is in the 1100s and I saw previously on this post that people in OOM of 1600 were contacted for the position too. I imagine your order of merit is higher than mine and others because your interview was this week. So even if your interview scores were average, I don't think you'll move down too much against the others. I perhaps didn't explain that well, I hope you get what I mean.

Can you recall what questions you were asked in the interview? I'm quite nervous about mine so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Crazy to think you dont know where they will offer you ...if you had a choice where would you pick ....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

Oom 21 for Mayo and 9 for Roscommon if anyone has those counties down
    i was 22 for Mayo, missed interview on 17th Sep, someone dropped out so i had interview today. Not as bad as i feared, said result would be posted on my message board before end of the month.

I got my position today ...best of luck to you all ..hope you get where you want..I didn't .....very disappointed....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I got my position today ...best of luck to you all ..hope you get where you want..I didn't .....very disappointed....

You might be suprised and once you're in two years (less in some cases) you can look at lateral moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Got an email the other day about clearance. Does everything have to be scanned and emailed back? It's a little bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

It's the actual department I didnt want ....

Look at the bright side! It's a fantastic opportunity with so many great benefits. I say give it a chance until you settle in and it might not be as bad as you think! Best of luck by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Messi19 wrote: »
    Got an email the other day about clearance. Does everything have to be scanned and emailed back? It's a little bit confusing

Yes, but they wont know if you use an electronic signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

katiem111 wrote: »
    i was 22 for Mayo, missed interview on 17th Sep, someone dropped out so i had interview today. Not as bad as i feared, said result would be posted on my message board before end of the month.

Best of luck! Keep us posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

For anyone wondering how Wexford is progressing, I got OOM 26 after initial application. I was invited to express interest in a Revenue/Customs role in Rosslare in early September. Had my interview last Friday and received a message that afternoon that I am OOM 3 on the phase 2 panel.

It seems by the wording of the message that I have been successful pending clearance.

If anyone has any questions regarding the interview or process, pop me a DM or reply here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

As a matter of interest I got Batch 6 OOM 2 after the interview. What exactly is the Batch number. Ie is it another way of separating interviews etc

Advertisement