Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Calathea wrote: »
    Omg this process is excruciatingly slow. Does anyone else wonder whether there might be a little movement once the Budget has been finalized? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws???

If you think this is slow then maybe the civil service isn't for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calathea

I am 5 years in tco positions at this stage. Plus several years previous permanent positions. I do not feel the need to question my commitment, dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I am 5 years in tco positions at this stage. Plus several years previous permanent positions. I do not feel the need to question my commitment, dear.

It's a civil service joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BB2020

I am starting in the morning
    The nerves 😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

BB2020 wrote: »
    The nerves 😬😬

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

The nerves 😬😬

Ohhhh where did you get

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

JenOD90 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know what number they are on for Waterford?

14 last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

The nerves 😬😬

Wishing you the very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BB2020

L390 wrote: »
    Ohhhh where did you get
    Dublin port training in town today

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Omg this process is excruciatingly slow. Does anyone else wonder whether there might be a little movement once the Budget has been finalized? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws???

They're completely independent of each other. Movement is based on the opening of roles in each county. What *may* move things along in a number of places is people retiring after this week, when the final phase of the Public Service Stability Agreement kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

I have just finished a TCO contract and a new CO started last week, I asked her which panel she came of thinking it was the newest 2020 and was going ask her the number they are up to.

She's from the 2018 panel..... Why is this this active 😑

Holy **** !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I have just finished a TCO contract and a new CO started last week, I asked her which panel she came of thinking it was the newest 2020 and was going ask her the number they are up to.

She's from the 2018 panel..... Why is this this active ��

They last for two years and sometimes get extended a bit.

But this panel is only for 1 year

L390 wrote: »
    But this panel is only for 1 year

They kept messing with how COs are recruited. Looks like they've gone for shorter panels but I'm almost certain the 2017 and 2018 panels were two years.

I thought one panel was only open/valid at a time, what's the point in the 2020 panel if they're still pulling people off the panel from 2 years ago especially when the 2020 is only valid for a year??!

I thought one panel was only open/valid at a time, what's the point in the 2020 panel if they're still pulling people off the panel from 2 years ago especially when the 2020 is only valid for a year??!

You'd have to ask PAS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭doc22

She's from the 2018 panel..... Why is this this active ��

Perhaps she was assigned/offered the role BEFORE the new 2020 panel started and only commenced employment now. whats the county?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Depending on the Dept, garda vetting can take up to six months . My own took 23 weeks. So she may have been offered the role before the 2020 one even started and was awaiting clearance.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Depending on the Dept, garda vetting can take up to six months . My own took 23 weeks. So she may have been offered the role before the 2020 one even started and was awaiting clearance.

No, she only had her interview 6 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Recruitment is usually every 2 years. There was none 2017.

Just a passenger

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Recruitment is usually every 2 years. There was none 2017.

There was, although it may have been limited to Dublin. It was in the latter part of the year and not open for very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

There was, although it may have been limited to Dublin. It was in the latter part of the year and not open for very long.

I keep forgetting Dublin, it's like a foreign land Lol

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sillen

Hey if you are offered a job and it's not suitable for one reason or another, what happens if you dont take it up, would you be excluded from future panels

Sillen wrote: »
    Hey if you are offered a job and it's not suitable for one reason or another, what happens if you dont take it up, would you be excluded from future panels

That's it for the current panel but you can reapply to a new panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Sillen wrote: »

From future ones absolutely not but you'll be removed from current one. There are exceptions, if the position involves a commute over a certain distance I'm pretty sure you will remain in contention for another/the next position. What that figure is I can't recall, 40km+ maybe, I'm not sure.

That's it for the current panel but you can reapply to a new panel.

Thank you

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Dublin port training in town today

Well done. Customs Officer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

I got an email to say I'm being considered for a position. Have to go through clearance process. There was three attachments in the email. Might be a stupid question but do I need to print the documents, fill them in and then scan them or do I just fill them in on the computer?

Advertisement