Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Deniseb24 wrote: »
    How long were you waiting for a replacement afterwards?

Well it was early 2019 when I was offered, so it was a different time. But I was waiting about 2 weeks between the two appointments. Hard to know how fast the appointments are coming in the current climate but by rights you should be offered the next appointment that comes available

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Too close to home ???

If you’re working in a DEASP local office giving people news they don’t want to hear it really could be too close to home. If you’re living in a small town it could be a bit awkward for you seeing the people you’re dealing with around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If you’re working in a DEASP local office giving people news they don’t want to hear it really could be too close to home. If you’re living in a small town it could be a bit awkward for you seeing the people you’re dealing with around the place.

That's public service ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

That's public service ;-)

It really isn't. There are cases of some very serious intimidation of low level civil servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CiCiCabey

Hi, I had my interview for Dublin on Monday and I got an email on Wednesday to say I have been placed number 18 on the oom... is this a good position? Sorry if it's a stupid question I'm very new to all this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Hurdig

CiCiCabey wrote: »
    Hi, I had my interview for Dublin on Monday and I got an email on Wednesday to say I have been placed number 18 on the oom... is this a good position? Sorry if it's a stupid question I'm very new to all this!
    This is a good position as means only 17 to be placed before you. I am one of the 17 ahead of you, will be interesting to see how long before being offered placement

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cersei_86

Hurdig wrote: »
    This is a good position as means only 17 to be placed before you. I am one of the 17 ahead of you, will be interesting to see how long before being offered placement

I would agree this is good oom for Dublin.

Can i ask how interviews went?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

CiCiCabey wrote: »

Can I ask what batch number your in ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hurdig

L390 wrote: »
    Can I ask what batch number your in ???

Was not given batch number

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

For anyone interested got reply this morning. They have called up to OOM 19 for longford & 15 for westmeath. Crossing my fingers I'm OOM41 & 61!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Guffy

ladz wrote: »
    For anyone interested got reply this morning. They have called up to OOM 19 for longford & 15 for westmeath. Crossing my fingers I'm OOM41 & 61!

They've been at 15 in WM since july 16th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 i_imperator

Hi all, just a query about the TCO contract and extensions. I started a TCO contract with AGS in Cork City about a month ago and my contract is for 12 weeks. Now the office and station i'm in is quite busy and i'm after replacing a CO who moved due to COVID and health reasons. I am wondering what are my chances of getting my contract extended?

I am quite worried about this because I am after booking accommodation (originally from Kerry and don't drive). I just got my first month probation review today and it was gold stars so far, which is great! I really do like the work i'm doing and would love it if my contract was extended beyond the initial 12 weeks.

Also for the CO competition I came 1280 in Cork, I suppose I have no chance to be called for another interview at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi all, just a query about the TCO contract and extensions. I started a TCO contract with AGS in Cork City about a month ago and my contract is for 12 weeks. Now the office and station i'm in is quite busy and i'm after replacing a CO who moved due to COVID and health reasons. I am wondering what are my chances of getting my contract extended?

I am quite worried about this because I am after booking accommodation (originally from Kerry and don't drive). I just got my first month probation review today and it was gold stars so far, which is great! I really do like the work i'm doing and would love it if my contract was extended beyond the initial 12 weeks.

Also for the CO competition I came 1280 in Cork, I suppose I have no chance to be called for another interview at this stage?

To be perfectly honesty, most TCO contracts aren't extended. I have heard AGS can be quite good for extensions but unfortunately that is no guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

Just wondering how long a wait is there between interview and interview result?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 i_imperator

To be perfectly honesty, most TCO contracts aren't extended. I have heard AGS can be quite good for extensions but unfortunately that is no guarantee.

Yeah I would say it probably depends on the station too and how busy it is, i’m in Anglesea St so thats busy enough spot. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see! Thanks for the info!

Hurdig wrote: »
    Was not given batch number

Its further down in the email..are you dublin ???

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Don't be banking on an extension. Some departments are rigid enough on the terms of their TCO contracts. It'll probably depend on how busy the section is, plans for staff leave, money being available etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LenaM

Does anybody know what number PAS are at on the Kildare panel

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Anyone know if any movement on Kildare OOM?
    Hi what does OOM mean? I too would like to know where they are at on the Kildare 2020 CO panel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭jaffa20

LenaM wrote: »
    Hi what does OOM mean? I too would like to know where they are at on the Kildare 2020 CO panel

They have only called 7 people for interview :( And almost 2 months ago, it was 6 so very slow movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

LenaM wrote: »

Order Of Merit

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

No movement in Waterford in the last 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SarahCarroll23

Does anyone know what number they are on placement for the docklands ?? Received a phone call on the 5th but haven’t heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Got a message today in Irish asking me to send my level of Irish according to the European self assessment framework to a particular email as part of the Irish clerical job.

Is this a standard thing or does it bode well that I got this message today? Maybe everyone else who ticked Irish got it too?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

EO2019 wrote: »
    No movement in Waterford in the last 5 weeks.

Sigh. I think I’ve just about given up hope on this.

Big_Baner wrote: »

This could go on for 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Guffy

I get the recruitment taking longer but why has it been reduced from a 2-year campaign to just 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Big_Baner wrote: »

Looking less likely every month that passes. Such a shame it’s a 1 year panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

What's the email address to query OOM? Thanks

• Advertisement

EO2019 wrote: »
    Looking less likely every month that passes. Such a shame it’s a 1 year panel.

Where did they say it’s a one year panel? Sure that will be over soon enough

Advertisement