Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

L390 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that people DON'T want to be placed....horror stories of working there etc ????

AGS isn't the best place either. Where I am its very much us/them. They refer to us as Garda Staff rather than civil servants and try to fit us into their rank structure. They completely ignore that we are a separate entity to them and have no understanding of flexi.
    Too many times we get asked if we taking a half day if going at 4. Was funny at first but wears thin after a while.
    Sometimes we get sarky comments and questioned if we come in between 9.30 and 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

Anyone any update on longford or cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Samsgirl wrote: »
    AGS isn't the best place either. Where I am its very much us/them. They refer to us as Garda Staff rather than civil servants and try to fit us into their rank structure. They completely ignore that we are a separate entity to them and have no understanding of flexi.
    Too many times we get asked if we taking a half day if going at 4. Was funny at first but wears thin after a while.
    Sometimes we get sarky comments and questioned if we come in between 9.30 and 10.

I'd say it's an.interesting position

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Yeah, there is a lot going on alright but they need to get their sh1t together with regard to the civilians in there. Training is zero and there's high expectations then.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Pronto63 wrote: »
    A colleague in DSP worked as a TCO in PeoplePoint and said it was hellish.

Conversely, I worked in PeoplePoint as a CO and really enjoyed it. The work was routine and largely repetitive, but I worked with a great bunch of folks, and I'm still in contact with most of my team. A lot of those I worked with are still there, including people who started the same day as me.

• Advertisement

How soon after you return garda clearance form do you get your placement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Samsgirl wrote: »

In fairness Flexi isn't guaranteed in any Civil Service role there are standard hours. The guards have a policy of Flexi not interfering with office hours which is fair enough.

I quite like the fact that they are trying to intergrate Garda Staff as much as possible rather than a them and us attitude.

It's a weird one of the job being pretty repetative and boring but the subject matter of what you're dealing with can be very interesting. There's also a lot expected of you, which is a fair point made above. Some people like that, some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

For anyone in limerick & tipp oom 19 for limerick 14 for tipp moving very slow in both areas but fingers crossed with all going on it might start moving some bit🀞🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

How soon after you return garda clearance form do you get your placement

That depends on whose desk your file lands on, someone wit interest in their job only a week or two but someone with no interest could sit on their pile for months. Also depends what your personal and family history is like and how difficult checks are. Many people actually fail the Garda clearance checks.

Just a passenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AlexDrew

HI I was successful in my interview- (OOM 2) after the interview
    I was also told that i was in batch 6
    They told me clearance will be in contact if anything arises
    Would anyone have any experience as to how long this usually takes before one can expect to commence employment etc
    Is Batch 6 low down in the pecking order etc
    thanks in advance

AlexDrew wrote: »
    Would anyone have any experience as to how long this usually takes before one can expect to commence employment etc
    thanks in advance

Email them

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

AlexDrew wrote: »
    thanks in advance

I don't know how batches work, are they Dublin only? OOM 2 post interview called within 3 days in Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Conqueror wrote: »
    Conversely, I worked in PeoplePoint as a CO and really enjoyed it. The work was routine and largely repetitive, but I worked with a great bunch of folks, and I'm still in contact with most of my team. A lot of those I worked with are still there, including people who started the same day as me.

Good to hear some good reports.
    Kinda proves my point that it really is up to the individual to make an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

Is the HSE part of the CO recruitment, or is this campaign for Dept roles (ie Justice, Revenue, Agriculture etc)

rcrell1 wrote: »
    Is the HSE part of the CO recruitment, or is this campaign for Dept roles (ie Justice, Revenue, Agriculture etc)

No HSE is totally different..same as Dublin City council is different

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doc22

what number is reached in dublin?

doc22 wrote: »
    what number is reached in dublin?

From previous post I heard in 420s but didnt indicate which batch number

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Carmol123 wrote: »
    Anyone any update on longford or cavan

Ive just got called to express interest in interview for Longford today. Im no. 41. I've said yes as it is my preferred county, but I think westmeath is moving faster, I'm 61 on westmeath. Hard to know if ive done the right thing, but what will be will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Does anyone know how the interview is marked?

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the interview is marked?

Out of 50 based on the competencies IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi

A friend got an invite for interview for a position on Co.Dublin.
    Extremely short closing date.
    Does anyone know if Co. Dublin is considered Skerries area or Dun Laoighaire please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi

A friend got an invite for interview for a position on Co.Dublin.
    Extremely short closing date.
    Does anyone know if Co. Dublin is considered Skerries area or Dun Laoighaire please.

Anywhere in the county of Dublin surely: from Balbriggan to bits of Bray, Newcastle to Howth.

minikin wrote: »
    Anywhere in the county of Dublin surely: from Balbriggan to bits of Bray, Newcastle to Howth.

City centre is covered in this too I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thekingofpop

Meath is at OOM 25 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

Can anyone describe what the beginner's role of a Customs Clerical Officer would involve, be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ladz wrote: »
    Ive just got called to express interest in interview for Longford today. Im no. 41. I've said yes as it is my preferred county, but I think westmeath is moving faster, I'm 61 on westmeath. Hard to know if ive done the right thing, but what will be will be!

My wife is around 40th for westmeath and she hasn't heard anything yet, so you could be doing the right thing

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JenOD90

Hi, does anyone know what number they are on for Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calathea

Omg this process is excruciatingly slow. Does anyone else wonder whether there might be a little movement once the Budget has been finalized? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Calathea wrote: »
    Omg this process is excruciatingly slow. Does anyone else wonder whether there might be a little movement once the Budget has been finalized? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws???

I think covid has big impact too!! Im waiting on limerick or tipp an there is little or no movement & this panel only for a year so hopefully they wont put a freeze on recruitment budget time!!

Advertisement