Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

katiem111 wrote: »
    I got message today! Passed, no. 2 for Mayo. Getting nervous now, how do i tell my boss of 15 years I'm leaving? ��

oh well done!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Anyone assigned to Social Protection did you get your placement/, contract by post or email..fed up watching postman and email

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

Guffy wrote: »
    You wait until you get an offer and work from there.

Got an offer today for Ballina. Going to email and see if I can get more info.

mmerton365 wrote: »
    I just got the Customs Officer email.

Are these permanent or temporary positions within the Public Service?

As in, would I be booted out of the public service once Brexit is done?

My understanding is that they are permanent roles and if the case becomes that you are no longer needed in customs that you will be moved to Revenue.

There was a discussion about this previously on this thread. Can't remember specifically what page it was, sorry.

What area and roughly what OOM are you? It's just I was also called for interview and I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of getting a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

yupder wrote: »
    My understanding is that they are permanent roles and if the case becomes that you are no longer needed in customs that you will be moved to Revenue.

There was a discussion about this previously on this thread. Can't remember specifically what page it was, sorry.

What area and roughly what OOM are you? It's just I was also called for interview and I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of getting a position.

Cheers for that.

Dublin, OOM is 1500+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 answer me lol

Hi, just joined this platform to ask this question, apologies if it’s already been asked/answered

Last Friday I submitted my Garda vetting form
    along with a list of references and im still waiting to hear back, I came 6th in the interview overall for Dublin, has anyone else in Dublin been offered anything yet ? Starting to get nervous it’ll all gonna fall out from under me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Authbo

Hi, just joined this platform to ask this question, apologies if it’s already been asked/answered

along with a list of references and im still waiting to hear back, I came 6th in the interview overall for Dublin, has anyone else in Dublin been offered anything yet ? Starting to get nervous it’ll all gonna fall out from under me haha

They got back to me about a week after I had submitted the forms and the day after my vetting had been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Authbo

Does anyone know roughly how long until they give you a start date after you've been assigned to a department? I was just told that they'd be in contact with me shortly. And do they contact you by phone or email etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

katiem111 wrote: »
    I got message today! Passed, no. 2 for Mayo. Getting nervous now, how do i tell my boss of 15 years I'm leaving? 😬

Do nothing until you get a contact to sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

When you say you submitted your Garda Vetting form do you mean you sent your vetting application back to Revenue, or did you go on the National Vetting Bereau through the email link etc?

The only reason I ask is I sent my references, vetting app and declaration to Revenue and the link to fill out the vetting for the gardai was actually in my junk folder for a day by the time I saw it. I presume if I hadn't noticed and not filled it out, then I would have been getting no word back from Revenue!

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 answer me lol

Fergality wrote: »
    When you say you submitted your Garda Vetting form do you mean you sent your vetting application back to Revenue, or did you go on the National Vetting Bereau through the email link etc?

The only reason I ask is I sent my references, vetting app and declaration to Revenue and the link to fill out the vetting for the gardai was actually in my junk folder for a day by the time I saw it. I presume if I hadn't noticed and not filled it out, then I would have been getting no word back from Revenue!

Hope this helps.

I was sent an email by PAS with vetting documents attached and I also followed a link to fill out online, I’ve been getting emails to say it’s been moving forward, but because they asked for my references I thought I would of heard back sooner but it’s been a week to date since I’ve submitted all relevant forms

It’s close to the end now, getting nervous that I’ll just never hear back aha

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Anyone get an update for Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Hi all. Apologies if already asked/answered but does anyone know where they're at with Limerick panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

Cork is at 11 as of today. 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Cork is at 11 as of today. 11.

Complete joke

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Complete joke

Might start moving with the EO positions filling from within. But yeah, not many coming off it, is there?

I wouldnt mind but my OOM for EO is significantly better than my OOM for this. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Just got word to sign up for interview. I started a job about 6 weeks ago in sales but not really enjoying it. I would be taking a pay cut for this role but still considering it. I know it was put up before but has anyone a link to pay scale

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Just got word to sign up for interview. I started a job about 6 weeks ago in sales but not really enjoying it. I would be taking a pay cut for this role but still considering it. I know it was put up before but has anyone a link to pay scale

Its on the Forsa union website, under PPC scales:

https://www.forsa.ie/other-benefits/pay-and-conditions/pay-scales/civil-service-payscales/

Clerical officer (PPC)
    24,586 (471.20) – 26,195 (502.02) – 26,604 (509.85) – 27,401 (525.13) – 28,577 (547.67) – 29,751 (570.17) – 30,925 (592.67) – 31,781 (609.05) – 32,747 (627.60) – 33,873 (649.16) – 34,665 (664.35) – 35,779 (685.68) – 36,885 (706.90) – 38,612 (739.99) – LSI 1 39,970 (766.01) – LSI 2 40,592 (777.93)

The one in bold is the starting salary and the following are adjusted for Incremental increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

Westmeath has reached OOM 32 as per email from PAS today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 I wonder why?

mmerton365 wrote:
    Dublin, OOM is 1500+

Thank you for that. Seems like Dublin is making good progress

• Advertisement

https://www.forsa.ie/other-benefits/pay-and-conditions/pay-scales/civil-service-payscales/

Clerical officer (PPC)
    24,586 (471.20) – 26,195 (502.02) – 26,604 (509.85) – 27,401 (525.13) – 28,577 (547.67) – 29,751 (570.17) – 30,925 (592.67) – 31,781 (609.05) – 32,747 (627.60) – 33,873 (649.16) – 34,665 (664.35) – 35,779 (685.68) – 36,885 (706.90) – 38,612 (739.99) – LSI 1 39,970 (766.01) – LSI 2 40,592 (777.93)

The one in bold is the starting salary and the following are adjusted for Incremental increases.
    How often are the increases...every year? Also if accepted are you on a contract or have you a job for life.?
    Also what would pension be like

I found the booklet online the starting pay seemed to have increased since the start of the process. Can't figure out what pension contributions are and what it entitles me to.. also it says in booklet a typical working week could be 43hrs and 15 mins. Is this correct

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Limerick OOM 19

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daisychain777

Dublin’s OOM is not 1500+

People have received the expression of interest for Revenue up to that number . The requirement of a full license is making that number increase .

A previous post on here mentioned Dublin is through mid 400 .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

Clerical officer (PPC)

Are the increments based on time scale ie after 6 months / one year pay scale goes up to the next band

rcrell1 wrote: »
    Are the increments based on time scale ie after 6 months / one year pay scale goes up to the next band

Yes, annually (assuming you don't act the gowl)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Anyone know what shifts would be in Revenue Customs Roslare Port?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

I found the booklet online the starting pay seemed to have increased since the start of the process. Can't figure out what pension contributions are and what it entitles me to.. also it says in booklet a typical working week could be 43hrs and 15 mins. Is this correct

https://www.gov.ie/en/policy-information/a97614-public-service-pensions/?referrer=/en/pensions/

As a very rough guide, after 40 years you get a pension of half your average career salary, less the old age pension. (I think).

The working weeks is typically 37 hours at your desk. You must take a minimum of 30 minutes for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alburke1

Any1 know what no. They are at in Dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

alburke1 wrote: »
    Any1 know what no. They are at in Dublin ?

OOM 556 as of Wednesday

Advertisement