Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Anyone know what OOM Donegal + Sligo are sitting at now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Anyone else going to try for the Revenue Customs Officer for Dublin / Rosslare? Got an invitation for interview today.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Garzard wrote: »
    Anyone else going to try for the Revenue Customs Officer for Dublin / Rosslare? Got an invitation for interview today.

Did they ask about interest in Rosslare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Did they ask about interest in Rosslare?

To quote the FAQ that I got with the invitation. Assume it's alright to share?

Where will I be based?
    You will be based in either Dublin (e.g. Dublin Port, Dublin Airport or Dublin Mail Centre / Dublin Parcel Hub) or Rosslare, depending on your location selection in your original application form.

An application form was included with it, for submission before Monday but I'm not seeing any location preference on it. Assume they'll just use their common sense by checking the address of each person they add to their panel. I'd personally lean more towards Dublin Port or DMC as they're closest to me, but would give Rosslare a thought also.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

A number of people on the Wexford panel got the expression of interest for Rosslare. There was a post on this about 2 pages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

EO2019 wrote: »
    A number of people on the Wexford panel got the expression of interest for Rosslare. There was a post on this about 2 pages ago.

oh, I see. I take it thats the end of the Trade Facilitation panels so.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

I suppose it depends on the take up versus number of positions. The first round of interviews are in 2 weeks so if people accept that they are off the normal panel that might change the numbers. They seem to be having trouble getting people in Dublin but I’m not sure about Rosslare.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Anyone know what OOM Donegal + Sligo are sitting at now?

Donegal 9 Sligo 57

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Donegal 9 Sligo 57

Ah nice! Only another 1059 people ahead of me now... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

job seeker wrote: »
    Ah nice! Only another 1059 people ahead of me now... :rolleyes:

You never know it could move much faster than you think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

L390 wrote: »

I don't mean to dash his hopes but there is no chance of 1100 CO's being recruited in Sligo

Thanks I appreciate the positivity! However, I'm joking more than anything else though. :D As Emmet says it's not gonna happen.. Unless you're applying to Dublin (Cork maybe as well.) you're aiming for the low-mid hundreds depending on county!
    I don't mean to dash his hopes but there is no chance of 1100 CO's being recruited in Sligo

Not a hope! Maybe 2021 sure! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭doc22

what number are they up to in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

doc22 wrote: »
    what number are they up to in dublin

Hi, Dublin was 423 last week don’t know if it’s changed since then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

job seeker wrote: »
    Thanks I appreciate the positivity! However, I'm joking more than anything else though. :D As Emmet says it's not gonna happen.. Unless you're applying to Dublin (Cork maybe as well.) you're aiming for the low-mid hundreds depending on county!

Not a hope! Maybe 2021 sure! :pac:

I'm in a similar position with several hundred people in front of me and things not moving. The way I read it is, until the covid thing is sorted, I ain't getting anyway near being called. However if a successful vaccine is found, be it during the life of this panel or the next, then things will move at a quick pace, as there has to be a backlog of positions left empty around the c.s where people haven't been replaced, because they cannt train in new people. So it's just have some patience, and then have some more.

I'm in a similar position with several hundred people in front of me and things not moving. The way I read it is, until the covid thing is sorted, I ain't getting anyway near being called. However if a successful vaccine is found, be it during the life of this panel or the next, then things will move at a quick pace, as there has to be a backlog of positions left empty around the c.s where people haven't been replaced, because they cannt train in new people. So it's just have some patience, and then have some more.

That's a good way of looking at it too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RemzRoller

Anyone know how many of Dublin OOM have actually been officially hired? I know OOM is at 400 or so but how many have started?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Does anyone know where they are on the Meath panel at the moment?

RemzRoller wrote: »
    Anyone know how many of Dublin OOM have actually been officially hired? I know OOM is at 400 or so but how many have started?

I'm in batch 7 and haven't heard anything back yet so it depends on amounts in batches ...is the 400 from one batch or a few batches do you know???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dublin501

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi, Dublin was 423 last week don’t know if it’s changed since then

I checked 3 days ago and still 423 for Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 RemzRoller

Dublin501 wrote: »
    I checked 3 days ago and still 423 for Dublin

I believe that's just who have been interviewed. I think the number of people hired is actually lower

Is there anywhere that people DON'T want to be placed....horror stories of working there etc ????

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Is there anywhere that people DON'T want to be placed....horror stories of working there etc ????

Social welfare. I was told by someone there that if I get there to just forget about it.

Messi19 wrote: »
    Social welfare. I was told by someone there that if I get there to just forget about it.

Oh really !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Oom 21 for Mayo and 9 for Roscommon if anyone has those counties down

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Messi19 wrote: »

Did 2 years as a CO in DSP and loved every minute of it.

No doubt about it you are on the front line and you see and deal with all sorts.

I worked in 2 different local offices and the common denominator was the staff. Great bunch of people in both places. Hard working (no sniggering please) but great crack.

A colleague in DSP worked as a TCO in PeoplePoint and said it was hellish.

I’m currently in Justice and again the people are great.

I think a lot of this is what you make of it and your efforts to get on and mingle with your colleagues.

Pronto63 wrote: »
    Did 2 years as a CO in DSP and loved every minute of it.

No doubt about it you are on the front line and you see and deal with all sorts.

I worked in 2 different local offices and the common denominator was the staff. Great bunch of people in both places. Hard working (no sniggering please) but great crack.

A colleague in DSP worked as a TCO in PeoplePoint and said it was hellish.

I’m currently in Justice and again the people are great.

I think a lot of this is what you make of it and your efforts to get on and mingle with your colleagues.

Is it possible you could get dps and assigned a back desk somewhere or processing some scheme. Are all dps roles customer facing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I haven't lol I'm going for EO

This is the clerical officer thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Is it possible you could get dps and assigned a back desk somewhere or processing some scheme. Are all dps roles customer facing ?

It all depends where you are assigned to.

If you are sent to one of the offices in the city centre, COVID-19 allowing, you might be processing illness benefit or something like that.

If you are sent to one of the local offices (Finglas or Tallaght) then you will normally be rostered for customer facing duties. You might do 1 or 2 days a week. Depends on the office.

• Advertisement

Pronto63 wrote: »
    It all depends where you are assigned to.

If you are sent to one of the offices in the city centre, COVID-19 allowing, you might be processing illness benefit or something like that.

If you are sent to one of the local offices (Finglas or Tallaght) then you will normally be rostered for customer facing duties. You might do 1 or 2 days a week. Depends on the office.

1-2 days a week ain't bad, 5 days front line wouldnt be my cup of tea. Having said that I'd prefer back room, but I'm sure others would also prefer it the other way as well.

Advertisement