Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Does anyone know what happened with Mullany Walsh Maxwell and Lavelle advertised traineeships?Very strange that nobody seems to have heard from them

Yeah wondering the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

channing90 wrote: »
    Yeah wondering the same.

It seems that they just didn't bother their arse sending out rejection emails, which is very bad form on their part as I heard that they already conducted interviews and offered the position to someone.

SJ108 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know many of you have finished your FE1's and are looking at starting PPC later this year. I saw that Coca-Cola recently posted a listing for an in-house trainee solicitor if anyone was interested. It's situated in Drogheda, Co. Louth, but it could be a great starting block.
    https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=2483625310&pivotType=jymbii

Thanks for the heads up there. That flew completely under my radar as the job title is "Trainee Lawyer" and I don't search that I have job alerts set up on LinkedIn for "Trainee Solicitor".

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up there. That flew completely under my radar as the job title is "Trainee Lawyer" and I don't search that I have job alerts set up on LinkedIn for "Trainee Solicitor".

Looks like a good opportunity although you have to do the ppc hybrid which I don’t know if I want to do yet haha I’d say it’s be quite a good job

It says you have to have passed all fe-1s so idk whether I can apply while waiting for results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

RTÉ legal researcher interviews are also out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

RTÉ legal researcher interviews are also out :)

When did you get the email for this? :)

jus_me wrote: »
    When did you get the email for this? :)

Pretty sure Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

Email from DAC Beachcroft. Seems like they are still planning on recruiting for Sept 21!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Email from DAC Beachcroft. Seems like they are still planning on recruiting for Sept 21!

Yes it seems like they are going ahead with recruitment which is great.

At the moment they are shortlisting candidates for remote assessment.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Does anyone know which recruitment firm does the Legal Discovery contracts?

• Advertisement

Fe119 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which recruitment firm does the Legal Discovery contracts?

What's that

lawgrad15 wrote: »
    Yes it seems like they are going ahead with recruitment which is great.

At the moment they are shortlisting candidates for remote assessment.

Fingers crossed!

Where can you apply for this? I can't see any trainee solicitor positions posted on their careers page

Where can you apply for this? I can't see any trainee solicitor positions posted on their careers page

It was a trainee role which was advertised earlier in the year - approximately around the same time as Kennedys from memory.

Internships in the Legal Division of the Department of Foreign Affairs - see their website for details. Closes next week at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawNerd2020

Does anybody know when the Coca Cola trainee role went live? I only read about it here on Boards today despite my daily incessant googling of jobs. How did I miss it? The ad is down already. I wonder was it up for long. Best of luck to all who managed to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shylawgirl

Anyone have advice for turning a virtual internship to a TC offer if there is no TC interview at the end? Just offered based on group work/presentations etc

(matheson)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aideenc18

Does anybody know when the Coca Cola trainee role went live? I only read about it here on Boards today despite my daily incessant googling of jobs. How did I miss it? The ad is down already. I wonder was it up for long. Best of luck to all who managed to apply.

It’s still up, just under trainee lawyer! Hope this helps :) Although I see it’s for the PPC Hybrid which might make a difference to some people.

Does anyone know when the PPC application pack for Sept 2021 will be uploaded? It’s usually mid March but I would presume they may be holding off to gauge restrictions/vaccine rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawNerd2020

Hi @aideenc18, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately if you click apply via the link on the job ad on linkedin, the job posting has been removed from the coca cola website which means I can't apply.

Were you by any chance able to apply via that linkedin posting? Thank you.

Strange they didn't advertise it on the law society website or keep it up for longer. Can't imagine they received many applicants.

Hi @aideenc18, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately if you click apply via the link on the job ad on linkedin, the job posting has been removed from the coca cola website which means I can't apply.

Were you by any chance able to apply via that linkedin posting? Thank you.

Strange they didn't advertise it on the law society website or keep it up for longer. Can't imagine they received many applicants.

Last I saw, if LinkedIns numbers are accurate, they only had 14 applicants

• Advertisement

Last I saw, if LinkedIns numbers are accurate, they only had 14 applicants

Those are the best odds you'll ever get in the legal profession.

Those are the best odds you'll ever get in the legal profession.

Yeah if those numbers actually include every person who applied through any portal and not clicked through LinkedIn itself. I can only hope. From my understanding they were taking on more than 1 trainee aswell, although that is a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Can someone explain the hybrid to me please? I couldn't really make it out from the law society application. How much longer will it take to qualify?

Also have the law society said about blackhall in September, will it be online or in person or a mix?

TIA

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Can someone explain the hybrid to me please? I couldn't really make it out from the law society application. How much longer will it take to qualify?

Also have the law society said about blackhall in September, will it be online or in person or a mix?

TIA

Hybrid is for people working whilst studying so it’s all. Online with full days some fridays and saturdays
    Think it could be 4 months longer not sure but you can claim back up to 4 months if you were working as a trainee before starting

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Hybrid is for people working whilst studying so it’s all. Online with full days some fridays and saturdays
    Think it could be 4 months longer not sure but you can claim back up to 4 months if you were working as a trainee before starting

Ok great, thanks a mill. And ppc1 and ppc2 are separated or are you consistently in blackhall bar exams?

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Ok great, thanks a mill. And ppc1 and ppc2 are separated or are you consistently in blackhall bar exams?

Think it’s more consistent although the hybrid starts in December/January and then exams I think are September r

• Advertisement

Think it’s more consistent although the hybrid starts in December/January and then exams I think are September r

But ppc1 and ppc2 are separate

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roisneesh

Is anyone else wondering whether it'll all just become hybrid at some stage in the future? Like surely if firms could have us working during the day and studying at night instead of just studying they would. Maybe I've got that wrong though just curious has anyone else thought of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roisneesh

I haven't looked into hybrid too much but those were just my initial thoughts. Also just to say that I am in favour of hybrid bc I think it's great that it makes it easier for people with families/people not from Dublin to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

roisneesh wrote: »
    Is anyone else wondering whether it'll all just become hybrid at some stage in the future? Like surely if firms could have us working during the day and studying at night instead of just studying they would. Maybe I've got that wrong though just curious has anyone else thought of that...

Yeah I was thinking pretty much the same as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ciarocxcc

roisneesh wrote: »

Is anyone else due to be going into PPC I in September? There seems to be nothing about dates or anything available yet online..

• Advertisement

ciarocxcc wrote: »
    Is anyone else due to be going into PPC I in September? There seems to be nothing about dates or anything available yet online..

Yeah .... I’m guessing it’ll all be released after results tbh

Anybody heard from Coca-Cola since the job listing was taken down

• Registered Users Posts: 31 john_fe12020

Has anyone heard back yet about the Anthony Joyce job advertised on LS website? Closing date was Friday just gone so it is early days, but just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

Has anyone heard back yet about the Anthony Joyce job advertised on LS website? Closing date was Friday just gone so it is early days, but just wondering?

None yet but hopefully we'll hear at some point in the next few weeks

SKLaw wrote: »
    None yet but hopefully we'll hear at some point in the next few weeks

I have previously applied and interviewed with home he was very very quick at getting back to me. However this was pre-COVID and I’d say he had tons more applications this time but I’d say he’d get back to people within the week

I have previously applied and interviewed with home he was very very quick at getting back to me. However this was pre-COVID and I’d say he had tons more applications this time but I’d say he’d get back to people within the week

That sounds very promising so fingers crossed :)

SKLaw wrote: »
    That sounds very promising so fingers crossed :)

He’s always very nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rickmatt

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there is ever a physical copy of the FE1 results sent out.

I've them all done since last November but still have not received them and I cannot find them online to print off myself.

rickmatt wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there is ever a physical copy of the FE1 results sent out.

I've them all done since last November but still have not received them and I cannot find them online to print off myself.

Pre-Covid they sent them out as well as being online but since Covid they've all been online. I've actually requested a copy of my November results when they came out in January because all I have is a screenshot. I haven't heard from them at all even after following up

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gaga15

Zeidler group have a traineeship posted at the moment fyi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Thanks for the heads up! Is there anywhere else apart from the LS or indeed etc to find these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gaga15

neon123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! Is there anywhere else apart from the LS or indeed etc to find these ?

Those are my main tools. I just happened to see this because I follow them on Linkedin and they posted about new job opportunities so I went on their website to see what they were

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

ciarocxcc wrote: »

Yes, I’m the same. Hoping the website updates soon. Think the application normally is end of June so I’d imagine a start date for Sept will be issued by then

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Gaga15 wrote: »
    Those are my main tools. I just happened to see this because I follow them on Linkedin and they posted about new job opportunities so I went on their website to see what they were

Ah fair enough, thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Did anyone hear about Coca Cola yet? I'm praying for an interview!

I haven't myself. Also hoping for some good news as this is the only TC going at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aisbash

Hi guys. This may not be the right forum to write this in but I am sort of at a loss as where else to post. I am starting in Blackhall this September and currently looking at securing accommodation in Dublin. I am from the country so I am a little apprehensive about rent and where to live etc. Just wondering if anyone is the same boat and would be interested in finding roommates for the upcoming year?

Anybody going to attend the Q&A session for the Access Programme? I feel like it's going to be another pointless exercise as all of the trainees they got to give advice came from the same background and wouldn't know what it was like to struggle to find a TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aecc

Aisbash wrote: »
    Hi guys. This may not be the right forum to write this in but I am sort of at a loss as where else to post. I am starting in Blackhall this September and currently looking at securing accommodation in Dublin. I am from the country so I am a little apprehensive about rent and where to live etc. Just wondering if anyone is the same boat and would be interested in finding roommates for the upcoming year?

If it's of any assistance, I'm not sure BH in September is expected to be held fully in person which might give you some leeway. Vaccine depending etc. I would guess that lectures will be online but tutorials/workshops may be in person as the 'bubbles' are smaller.

Could be wrong but unsure if it'll be back fully in person by Sept!

• Advertisement

Anybody going to attend the Q&A session for the Access Programme? I feel like it's going to be another pointless exercise as all of the trainees they got to give advice came from the same background and wouldn't know what it was like to struggle to find a TC.

How do u get onto the access programme? I've been meaning to apply

Advertisement