Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

No! Weird that only one person in this thread has been contacted by them.

I was thinking the same. Wondering if they are only taking on one trainee

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Matheson TC interviews are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gamma_squeeze

AA247 wrote: »
    Interviews out for Matheson!
    Interview offers out for Matheson :)

Congrats folks. These for TC or internship?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

I’m not sure if both are out. I got email about the traineeship anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

I was thinking the same. Wondering if they are only taking on one trainee

Yeah I think so.. whenever I logged into my application again I came across “number of positions - 1”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

What do people think we have to do for that three minute presentation for Matheson? Is that just a general "tell us about yourself" or are we supposed to give a presentation on a topic?

What do people think we have to do for that three minute presentation for Matheson? Is that just a general "tell us about yourself" or are we supposed to give a presentation on a topic?

I don't know but I read that email and thought it was a presentation on the case study we have 15 minutes to prepare I could be way off.....

I actually asked them to confirm what the presentation was on when confirming my attendance. I really didn’t want to ask but it is very unclear if it is just a tell me about yourself or the case study or something else even. Will post in when I get a response.

It is a presentation on the case study! Bit stressful, 15 minutes to prepare a 2/3 minute presentation.... hopefully sounds worse than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gamma_squeeze

Matheson PFOs for internships out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Anyone still waiting to hear from Staines?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adfcfc100

Anyone hear back from WF or Maples Summer internship? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

jus_me wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting to hear from Staines?

Are you still waiting on MJ Staines? That's madness, PFOs came out what feels like 3-4 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

AA247 wrote: »
    It is a presentation on the case study! Bit stressful, 15 minutes to prepare a 2/3 minute presentation.... hopefully sounds worse than it actually is.

Do they give us the information and then we just present it or how does it work does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Are you still waiting on MJ Staines? That's madness, PFOs came out what feels like 3-4 weeks ago

Haven’t heard anything yet!

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Do they give us the information and then we just present it or how does it work does anyone know?

No idea! I did a case study for A&L interview way back and was pretty straightforward. I don’t recall ‘presenting’ on it as such. I think they just asked me questions on it and it wasn’t difficult. So no clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

jus_me wrote: »
    Haven’t heard anything yet!

Heard nothing either, it seems like some places don't even send out PFO's, it may be down to how many people applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Odd hour to be asking but can anyone tell me the bigger (as in more likely to take on trainees) firms in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shylawgirl

Anyone have any tips for matheson summer interviews? And know how many people they interview versus how many people get offers?

Thank you

Hi All

I have just gotten my first interview for a training contract with Matheson. (Thanks for all your advice on the application). I am very nervous would anyone have any tips for the interview? Its been years since I did one for a normal job and they also want a case study presentation. I have never done one of these would anyone be able to shed some light on what they are like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 LLBatman

William Fry internship interviews out

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LeGal97

WF interviews out!

Waiting on Maples also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

LeGal97 wrote: »
    WF interviews out!

Waiting on Maples also

Well done! I interned with William Fry before and the interview was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blondie8856

Has someone heard from Fieldfisher re traineeship interviews last week? Emailed Wednesday for an update and no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Has someone heard from Fieldfisher re traineeship interviews last week? Emailed Wednesday for an update and no response.

Still waiting myself

DonVito wrote: »
    Still waiting myself

Hate waiting. Thought either offers or PFOs would be out by now

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Hate waiting. Thought either offers or PFOs would be out by now

Are you waiting to hear back after final round group assessment? My offer from them came 7 days after the assessment if so

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Are you waiting to hear back after final round group assessment? My offer from them came 7 days after the assessment if so

Yeah. Were you contacted this week so? Find it strange that I didn't receive a PFO at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Yeah. Were you contacted this week so? Find it strange that I didn't receive a PFO at least.

No, I did all my interviews etc before Christmas for the 2021 traineeship

• Advertisement

NewFe1 wrote: »
    No, I did all my interviews etc before Christmas for the 2021 traineeship

Congrats on the offer!

Advertisement