Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Do people think a lot of firms will do this? I'm due to start May 4th but I'm thinking firms won't want to have to train their intake online if possible.

Wouldn't be surprised, I can see them finding it unattractive doing a full intake remotely

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Wouldn't be surprised, I can see them finding it unattractive doing a full intake remotely

Yeah I’d say a lot of them will just get rid of the pre-seat for the next year or two
    Means a little longer to be qualified however

Oh so no pre seat that’s quite annoying

From what I can recall, a firm is not obliged to pay a salary during PPC1 if the trainee hasn’t started in office before commencing PPC. Unless Matheson are going to be very generous, that will mean no salary for trainees during that 6 month period.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

able1 wrote: »
    From what I can recall, a firm is not obliged to pay a salary during PPC1 if the trainee hasn’t started in office before commencing PPC. Unless Matheson are going to be very generous, that will mean no salary for trainees during that 6 month period.

I emailed them about this and they clarified that all trainees will be paid for PPC I

I emailed them about this and they clarified that all trainees will be paid for PPC I

Ah that’s good to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Speaking of Matheson did anyone do the online assessment for their internship application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Speaking of Matheson did anyone do the online assessment for their internship application?

Watson Glaser test? I've done so many of them I recognised a few questions on the Matheson one lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Comyn Kelleher Tobin recruiting for the 2022 internship already, that seems so mad. Trying to find a job is so demoralising at the moment.
    If you haven't heard back about an interview that you did a week ago, is it a given you didn't get it. I assume people who are successful are left know with 3/4 days?

channing90 wrote: »
    Comyn Kelleher Tobin recruiting for the 2022 internship already, that seems so mad. Trying to find a job is so demoralising at the moment.
    If you haven't heard back about an interview that you did a week ago, is it a given you didn't get it. I assume people who are successful are left know with 3/4 days?

I wouldn’t say it’s a given - did they tell you when you’d know ? I’d just send and email asking for an update

I had my an interview on A Thursday and they had told me I’d know the Friday or Monday by the latest and heard nothing so on Tuesday I just rang them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I did my final round group assessment with my firm on a Friday and got the call to offer me the TC the following Friday. Wouldn’t give up hope yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

They probably only have it up to let people know that they are not taking any interns in 2021 due to COVID. Still seems pretty mad though I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Has anyone heard from Mj Staines re: interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FE.ONE

Has anyone that has completed the DACB video interview had an issue with video?

Everything was working perfectly for me in the test before it began, but as soon as it did the video went black. Had to carry on like that for the rest of it from the dark lol. Absolute mare but I emailed them so hopefully something might be done..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legalapples

I didn't have any video issues myself - just wondering if anyone who did the DACB interview got like a confirmation email to say that it had been successfully submitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

I didn't have any video issues myself - just wondering if anyone who did the DACB interview got like a confirmation email to say that it had been successfully submitted?

I didn't get any reply from them after I submitted the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FE.ONE

No, no confirmation email. When I clicked the submit button I had a message on screen to say it had been submitted successfully, that was about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legalapples

Thanks guys, just got nervous when I didn't see anything confirming it on my careers homepage

I've done so many WG tests that I recognised every single question on Matheson's test having done them several times previously

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

How does the assessment for A&L work? Do you have to do both the application and the assessment before the 10th Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

How does the assessment for A&L work? Do you have to do both the application and the assessment before the 10th Feb?

You'll be given the assessments after you submit the initial typed application. I submitted mine on Monday and had to do the assessments within 5 days or something.

• Advertisement

Not within 10/02, but within 5 days of completing your app, if I'm not mistaken.

Just curious have all firms cancelled their pre seats ?

Finding it weird that the applications haven’t opened for March and just have this weird feeling they’ll spring something else on us

• Registered Users Posts: 6 L.c notz

Hi
    I wanna do that too but I am not sure where to get WG tests , other than buying . I want as many as I can ofcourse . Any help
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LeGal97

Would everyone be so kind and post if they get a response in regards to any internship applications? Thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

LeGal97 wrote: »
    Would everyone be so kind and post if they get a response in regards to any internship applications? Thanks :p

I thought most of them only have closing dates for the applications this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LeGal97

I thought most of them only have closing dates for the applications this month?

McCanns closed last week and a few others are closing this week, so I suspect they'll start moving fairly quickly.

If an application asks what aspects of law appeal to you - do you think that’s what about the work of a solicitor appeals to you or does it refer to specific area of law ie. commercial law?

If an application asks what aspects of law appeal to you - do you think that’s what about the work of a solicitor appeals to you or does it refer to specific area of law ie. commercial law?

That's a general question about law as a profession, not commercial law in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Is there any internships aside from the following:

Matheson
    McCann Fitzgerald
    William Fry
    Maples
    A&L Goodbody
    DLA Piper
    Arthur Cox
    Pinsent Masons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me