Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

• 04-11-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dangerousdavem

Where is the best burrito place in Dublin? So many of these places opening up now. For me its either Tolteca or Pablo Picante. Burritos and Blues is just muck. So is Little Ass in Rathmines

Best Burrito Bar in Dublin? 547 votes

Boojum
    0% 2 votes
    Burritos & Blues
    42% 231 votes
    Tolteca
    10% 56 votes
    Pablo Picantes
    10% 56 votes
    Little Ass Burrito Bar
    18% 99 votes
    Taco Taco
    5% 30 votes
    Saburritos
    0% 5 votes
    Azteca
    3% 17 votes
    Mama's Revenge
    1% 9 votes
    Tuzo
    3% 21 votes
    El Gringo
    2% 11 votes
    The Hungry Mexican
    0% 5 votes
    K Chido Mexico
    0% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Boojum is nice, their salsa verde is the business. Also like lil ass burrito bar in rathmines. Burritos & blues do amazing nachos.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Boojum is very good, used to work near it when it first open, and they did dead cheap beer for a while too (€2.50 for a Deperado or Sol). But Pablo's ftw, can't get enough of that and well priced. Tolteca is a rip off if in on your own, the 2 for 1 vouchers brought it back in line with normal places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I got a burrito before - it was down from the Jervais centre and it was amazing -

Also the one in the food court on Abby street is nice.

There was another burrito place under a mcdonalds across from the hotel MGM Mirage in Las Vagas which was pretty amazing -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The place on the corner of Wexford Street opposite the Karma Stone pub.I've never been sober enough to notice it's name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been to Tolteca twice. Got a pork burito which was ultra bland and a chicken fajita which was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Boojum was good until they stop serving that mexican table hot sauce and served their own brand.

Muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Pablo Picantes

Taco Taco in the epicurean

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Little ass burrito is aptly named! Rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Boojum by a clear margin.

Edit: Edit your poll to include it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Boojum, last 2 times I've been in Pablo Picante I haven't been that impressed (their carnitas were a bit bland, I make better!). Love Boojums hot salsa. They could do with getting cheese that tastes like cheese and not grated nothing though

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dangerousdavem

I realised I left out boojum but you cant edit a poll I dont think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I realised I left out boojum but you cant edit a poll I dont think!

Boojum added to poll :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Boojum everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dangerousdavem

Thanking you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Boojum and Taco Taco for me so far. Haven't tried Pablo's yet. Burritos & Orange is a nay.

No one thinks the new Boojum sauce is utter sh1t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

blow your head off sauce in Buritos and Blues

nyom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Where is this Tolteca??

Azteca is my favourite burrito place for sure... Did the first of the three classes there too, loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I've yet to find a consistently good burrito place in Dublin. Every one that I've been to more than once (which is most of them) is good one day, not so good the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've tried them all and Boojum is the best, hands down.

I fail to see how hot sauce comes into play here? This isn't a "who has the best hot sauce" poll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

taco taco in the epicurean for me, always reliable

I've tried them all and Boojum is the best, hands down.

I fail to see how hot sauce comes into play here? This isn't a "who has the best hot sauce" poll!

That doesn't make sense. If you like hot Burritos (which you clearly don't), then the hot sauce is a crucial element. Their old hot sauce was great, now it is p1ss. So since this is a 'best burrito place' poll, and since hot sauce is such a crucial element for those who like real (hot) Burritos, then a part of that poll asks 'is the hot sauce nice?'. And no, it isn't.

In fact, their food has gone downhill also. The standard of their burrito is not what it was when it first opened. Hence, I just don't go there anymore.

But don't let me stop you from trying to dictate what we may discuss on this thread.

That doesn't make sense. If you like hot Burritos (which you clearly don't), then the hot sauce is a crucial element. Their old hot sauce was great, now it is p1ss. So since this is a 'best burrito place' poll, and since hot sauce is such a crucial element for those who like real (hot) Burritos, then a part of that poll asks 'is the hot sauce nice?'. And no, it isn't.
    They have like 5 different types of hot sauce on each table. IMO hot sauce is a condiment, not a part of the actual food.

It's like saying you prefer Burger King because they have redder ketchup!? :P

In fact, their food has gone downhill also. The standard of their burrito is not what it was when it first opened. Hence, I just don't go there anymore.
    That's fair enough. I'd disagree with that, but it's obviously subjective.
    But don't let me stop you from trying to dictate what we may discuss on this thread.
    Thanks, I won't! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Where is the best burrito place in Dublin? So many of these places opening up now. For me its either Tolteca or Pablo Picante. Burritos and Blues is just muck. So is Little Ass in Rathmines

I've only been to the campden st one but I don't think burritos and blues can possibly be described as muck, you either had one, very isolated bad experience or you have some sort of agenda against it. From my experience they have the freshest ingredients out of all the other places mentioned, you can actually see them gutting the avocados behind the counter to make up the guacamole and the meat is always top notch. Along with Boojums its is far superior to the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pablo Baggot St > Boojum > Pablo Clarendon Market.

Taco Taco does shíte burritos. Never had the rest.

They have like 5 different types of hot sauce on each table. IMO hot sauce is a condiment, not a part of the actual food.

It's like saying you prefer Burger King because they have redder ketchup!

No, it isn't. Possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on boards, and I frequent the politics forum, so that says a lot.

No, it isn't. Possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on boards, and I frequent the politics forum, so that says a lot.
    Dumber things have been posted. :D

Sensitive little one aren't we?

BTW: Condiment.

Dumber things have been posted. :D

Sensitive little one aren't we?

BTW: Condiment.

I'm not the one confusing taste with colour.

LOL

• Advertisement

LOL
    lol you can't taste the red?

hug?

I'm still saying that you shouldn't bring the condiments into play as a major factor!

LOL
    lol you can't taste the red?

hug?

I'm still saying that you shouldn't bring the condiments into play as a major factor!

And I'm still saying the quality of sauce does matter for Burritos. Just like it matters for burgers, hot dogs, etc.

And I'm still saying the quality of sauce does matter for Burritos. Just like it matters for burgers, hot dogs, etc.
    Hot sauce on burgers? Now you're just being silly!

Hot sauce on burgers? Now you're just being silly!

I have done it, as I like my hot food. And you know what I meant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

whats Burritos and Blues like?
    Just bought the Grabone deal http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/burritos-and-blues for €8

kceire wrote: »
    whats Burritos and Blues like?
    Just bought the Grabone deal http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/burritos-and-blues for €8
    I kept hearing great stuff about it but I was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, just nothing to write home about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Not being silly but what is a burrito is it just minced meat and a wrap:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Hootanany wrote: »
    Not being silly but what is a burrito is it just minced meat and a wrap:confused:

its that and so much more - why don't you try one and post what you think ?

Hootanany wrote: »
    At Boojum I'm all about the Chicken Fajita Burrito (cilantro-lime rice, sautéed peppers, onions, cheese, salsa, sour cream and chicken) or Carnitas Burrito (shredded pork, cilantro-lime rice, black beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Sound nice is the on abbey st any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

for me its pablos all day long, dont really mind BandB but you can tell lots of it comes out of containers rather than being home made, and also, one of my mates are mexican, and loves pablos but hates the rest.

only been to boojum once, but was thoroughly underwhelmed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 panch

At least you can see cooking going on in Boojum and B&B! Never seen anything being cooked in Pablos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Pablo Picante definetly for me. I haven't had a burrito from Cafe Azteca although their mexican food is delicious.

I do like Boojum tho I find their Burritos to be more of a healthy california style burrito rather than something a little more indulgent. Have been disappointed with their carnitas - it is less well seasoned and complex than the Picante version.

I have to strongly disagree with FreudianSlippers and say that the salsa on a burrito is an integral feature and if the flavour of it doesn't live up to your expectations it can be very disappointing and ruin the whole meal.

The less said about Burrito and Blues the better in my opinion. I was very excited about it opening up but the Burritos really are substandard and fairly bland and uncomplex. Will not go back even though its the closest to where I live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

The burritos in Boojum are pretty decent and the salsa verde is very good but Pablo Picantes is just superb, the flavours are far more authentic. They're cleaner, fresher and tastier. Also to try and deny the importance of the sauce in a burrito is just plain wrong, it's vital to the taste of the burrito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I really can't understand the amount of people going for pablo's. The girlfriend and I brought two of our married friends (she is Mexican, he is Canadian, they live in monterey, mexico) to pablo's as they had just won a competition for the best burritos in dublin. It turned out it was a facebook event they started. We were very dissapointed. The meat was tasteless (I had the pork) and the beer (something with a blue label from New England I think) was past its best before date (they went to replace it but the replacements were also out of date) so they gave us a refund and some water instead.

Maybe we were unlucky and caught them on a bad day, but we haven't gone back.

Although from this thread I think I will have to give them a second chance and report back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Has anywhere been mentioned yet that hasn't received ANY criticism???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Went to Pablo Picante (Baggot St) for the 2nd time on Saturday and it was tasty enough. The tinfoil wrap is a bit redundant considering the burrito isn't particularly big or heavily stuffed, though I suppose it was a bit drippy towards the end (which it shouldn't be).

Must check out B&B next time I'm in the IFSC.

nosietoes wrote: »
    I have to strongly disagree with FreudianSlippers and say that the salsa on a burrito is an integral feature and if the flavour of it doesn't live up to your expectations it can be very disappointing and ruin the whole meal.

Oh, no no! I'm not saying anything about salsa. I was talking about the hot sauces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Em, where is this Boojam place?

have tried Pablo Picante on baggot street and Burritos & Blues on Wexford Street and both were decent enough

Dodge wrote: »
    Em, where is this Boojam place?

have tried Pablo Picante on baggot street and Burritos & Blues on Wexford Street and both were decent enough
    http://g.co/maps/9w2zc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Wow, who knew the internet could help me find it.

D'oh! :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement