Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

hawkwing wrote: »
    All going South :
    Tomorrow--Met.ie
    Munster will see some more prolonged snowfall during the morning. Highs -1 to plus 3 C.

Present indications suggest that there will be some snow over Munster later Sunday night, on Monday and maybe early Tuesday, heavy in places.

My exams in CIT are going ahead today!

Definitely looking for trouble they are! Got the month of Jan off! They could push the rest back!

Anyways sunny skies here in Cork City, freezing out though, plenty snow on the ground! Clearly not enough though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

173177_1174121310_1051659_n.jpg

just outside my bed room window. excuse the the picture i used my web camera on my laptop. taking better pics later on with my camera that i found yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

redsunset wrote: »
    Girl reporting from Gatwick on Sky News and she is getting plastered with snow,so jealous

Oh she was on while ago!! It's stupid she was standing there with not even a hat on her!! Then when the presenter went over to some other reporter on the M50 or something she thought she was off the air and she said "I look ridiculous don't I?!" - INDEED....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

About an inch of snow in Galway city this morning.

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh she was on while ago!! It's stupid she was standing there with not even a hat on her!! Then when the presenter went over to some other reporter on the M50 or something she thought she was off the air and she said "I look ridiculous don't I?!" - INDEED....:D

must wear hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What happened MT's forecast??

just messing.

Hopefully the wind will shift proper east and throw some of the delights in the Irish sea onshore ;)

3 and a 1/2 cm fell just outside my window. now it maybe a little more. but thats impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Wouldn't fancy flying into Heathrow in the next while!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hopefully the wind will shift proper east and throw some of the delights in the Irish sea onshore ;)

Yeah, models don't do streamers. Here's hoping!

ouch. people coming back from sun holidays are in for a bit of a shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snowjon wrote: »
    Unbelievably, we have doubled the amount of lying snow here overnight to 5.5 inches now!

Really didn't expect this at all - easily the most snow I ever remember lying here:eek:

and this post just sums up how freakish this cold period is, because you'd normally have way more snow than i have.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ouch. people coming back from sun holidays are in for a bit of a shock.

If they get back!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

just messing.

Someone needs to moderate you !! ;):pac:

Messin !! :p

Beautiful crisp sunny winter wonderland in cork city! I feel a song coming on...."where the treetops glisten.....":pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    If they get back!:D

good point. although there is a faro flight that just landed in cork. and i dont think the airport road on ether side has been gritted. love how they grit strawberry hill (thank you cork city council) and they dont grit one of the most important roads in cork, ie the airport road.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

7.5 inches (19cm) of snow in Boyle!

5270306623_f6af2b3073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Hopefully Dublin will get a lashing tonight or tomorrow, can't bear to think about my maths exam on a monday morning :rolleyes: oh, and I'm supposed to be going to the Olympia tomorrow night, don't know what's gonna happen there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

MGMTea wrote: »
    Hopefully Dublin will get a lashing tonight or tomorrow, can't bear to think about my maths exam on a monday morning :rolleyes: oh, and I'm supposed to be going to the Olympia tomorrow night, don't know what's gonna happen there :pac:

i'm supposed to be going there too. dont think we will make it from cork! it was a gift to my sister so i'm not fussed, but she is really Peed off.

RJC09 wrote: »
    i'm supposed to be going there too. dont think we will make it from cork! it was a gift to my sister so i'm not fussed, but she is really Peed off.

hope they re-schedule to be honest, I'll have to get the bus to the city centre :pac: and i'm sure alot of other people will too, eugh the effort ! :P

hope they re-schedule to be honest, I'll have to get the bus to the city centre :pac: and i'm sure alot of other people will too, eugh the effort ! :P

Have to say, I love that username !!

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Have to say, I love that username !!

MGMT + Tea FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

If your talking about UCD exams consider it on unless a foot of snow falls in the hours previous to it...the main exams wont postpone easily at all... if its snowing...once the main roads are half ok & public transport buses are still going the exams will still be on

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Its clear skies and sunny here so the bit of snow we got during the night will be melted :(

Im off to the pub for the day !

Hope those easterly winds later mean snowball fight after pints !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

just messing.

LOL:D

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Im off to the pub for the day !

Hope those easterly winds later mean snowball fight after pints !

Make snow angels outside the pub!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Carpenter wrote: »
    Cork
    Cork
    Cork
    Letterkenny
    Cork
    Cork
    Stop Stop please stop.
    :p CORK :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

just messing.

Weathercheck the only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner! :D

M.T. Cranium 0 Weathercheck 1 (half-time)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hopefully that low off the west coast will push some showers in over galway and top up the 8-10 cms we got yesterday. The image on sat24.com looks promising,for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

irish1967 wrote: »
    Huh!?!? I'm on the iPhone. What's coming at me ???
    dacogawa wrote: »
    Weathercheck the only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner! :D

M.T. Cranium 0 Weathercheck 1 (half-time)

No offence to weather check, but going by m.t's usual standard that should read

MTC 15000 Weathercheck 1

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement