Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

dave1982 wrote: »
    All it would take is a crash by light's coming out of Mahon point at 9 or quarter past to cause mayhem

thats true, even on a good dry weather day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone from cork have an actual measurement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah, I can imagine where the two lanes go left one car could easily slide into another on the way out! That would create some havoc alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

2-3 cm here in Cobh but that fell in about a hour

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Cork should have its own thread!;)

Don't think they got anything 2 weeks ago or last year so they are well entitled to be excited.

Anyway I'm happy with my 6 inches, like all men wouldn't mind another inch or 2 though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

2 or 3 cms. which is a lot for us. nothing like your foot from 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Only got about 1cm here. Didn't snow for long. Im south of the city towards the airport. About 129m ASL.

K-9 wrote: »

Don't think they got anything 2 weeks ago or last year so they are well entitled to be excited.

Anyway I'm happy with my 6 inches, like all men wouldn't mind another inch or 2 though.

You had to burst our bubble with your 6 inch's:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    2 or 3 cms. which is a lot for us. nothing like your foot from 2 weeks ago

I never got a foot, peaked at 8 inches in sheltered ares, 5 or 6 generally. :P

K-9 wrote: »

DON'T start that discussion again . . :P

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    thats true, even on a good dry weather day.

<RANT>

I was there basically was just muppets all leaving at the same time, for some reason all road laws no longer applied, traffic lights being ignored etc etc. Add to that some annoucment that it was snowing and mass panic to leave the place.

Then on the way home vans were getting stuck on hills, buses couldnt go up or down them. I was fine with driving in it, just had to take time, but it was the other muppets that were stopping on hills and doing hill starts on them. People then just aboadning cars everywhere. Of course nobody on point duty either.

</RANT>

It is only snow, take it handy with care and you will get thru it, turn off your traction control if you can, and take off in second gear.

If you have a van load up the back with a few blocks, or failing that a few polish lads, as the van stuck on the hill on the Sekhard road did :)

• Advertisement

Yeah i have a van if at all possible i don't use it in snow or ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I know you lot dont get much snow but didnt think it was that bad :p A couple of cm and the whole city comes to a standstill

Anyway, snowing heavy here again. The snow seems to have compacted as I measured it a while ago and it was a cm lower at 24cm. Should be back to 25 or higher once this passes

25cm's!!! thats crazy.God help us if we got that:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got a slight dusting here, not sure were gonna much snow out of this cold spell as it is mainly a west and north event. The heavy snow showers predicted for the east this evening and tonight failed to materialise other than light snow flurry showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Harps wrote: »
    I know you lot dont get much snow but didnt think it was that bad :p A couple of cm and the whole city comes to a standstill

Anyway, snowing heavy here again. The snow seems to have compacted as I measured it a while ago and it was a cm lower at 24cm. Should be back to 25 or higher once this passes

it's just light snow here now. anyway i'm turning in. i still think this is all a dream and i'm typing this in my sleep. what a memorable day!!! goodnight folks.

So anyone reckon Cork is in for any more RTE forecast very confusing bit like Cowen and the IMF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Cork
    Cork
    Cork
    Letterkenny
    Cork
    Cork
    Stop Stop please stop.

Cork
    Cork
    A Dub gets jealous and moans
    Letterkenny
    Cork
    Cork
    Stop Stop please stop

Cork
    Cork
    Letterkenny
    Cork
    Cork
    Stop Stop please stop

Who me jealous last time i seen snow like this was last July in spain jealous no not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Carpenter wrote: »
    Who me jealous last time i seen snow like this was last July in spain jealous no not me.

Seriously don't post after coming in from a night out. You're not adding anything to the thread.

• Advertisement

Don't worry your not the first Dub to ask other member's to stop posting reporting snow outside Dublin

Relax

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

This is actually hilarious, there is adults with kids on here bickering about who gets the most snow!!!!! What county is getting more and jealousy?

Would you people listen to yourselves?!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Bang on liamgunner. One mans 6 inches is another mans 1 inch.

That actually sounds a bit odd but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭bloopy

this thread is starting to get out of control.
    not that it is not entertaining, mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Have been reading elsewhere that cork city is gone to the dogs, cars being left everywhere, thousands trapped in shopping centres, water problems and loads of crashes.

Have been reading elsewhere that cork city is gone to the dogs, cars being left everywhere, thousands trapped in shopping centres, water problems and loads of crashes.

Yeah cars just left there.I live near a hill where there is a pub there was a group of fellas outside all night drinking,pushing cars that got stuck.Was out talking to them a Chinese man got stuck reeving the car like mad sliding everywhere .One of the lads there offered to help him by pushing the car and said to him you're doing it all wong don't rev so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Yeah cars just left there.I live near a hill where there is a pub there was a group of fellas outside all night drinking,pushing cars that got stuck.Was out talking to them a Chinese man got stuck reeving the car like mad sliding everywhere .One of the lads there offered to help him by pushing the car and said to him you're doing it all wong don't rev so much

Wise up boys.....peop;e out there need help...give it to them if you can...if you can't? Shut it!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Dublin gets alot more snow per year then Cork on average - but then Cork's average is basically nothing so that's not hard.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Snowing now again on the western front, time for me to get some shut eye *Damm you snow and internet poker*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement