Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Thats a primary route,I know it well.
    Was it not gritted? or did they only grit from the dual carriageway on?
    Do keep posting updates for that stretch and your area during this spell whether dry or snowy-thanks

It certainly wasn't gritted. The Ballincollig By pass is ok. Mainly along the main road as far as Farran heading east was lethal, now that was bout 6:30am.

Thanks Gavin.
    I might add we had a sugar coating dusting here overnight-about 1cm or so
    currently -2.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

All going South :
    Tomorrow--Met.ie
    Munster will see some more prolonged snowfall during the morning. Highs -1 to plus 3 C.

Present indications suggest that there will be some snow over Munster later Sunday night, on Monday and maybe early Tuesday, heavy in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Thanks Gavin.
    I might add we had a sugar coating dusting here overnight-about 1cm or so
    currently -2.8c

Yeah same here in Kildare

Do you think that rotation in the Irish Sea might hit us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes GavinH I agree that guy was insufferable - so glad he's gone - I mean we all like a bit if banter but he was ridiculous! I can't believe he wasn't banned earlier - he's been banging on about cork for ages!

Anyway back to the main topic of conversation - IT SNOWED in Cork last night did you know everyone in other counties??!:D

didnt see much, but i'm glad he's gone.

lol it's a rare treat to get snow. even though i have no lost my voice and sneezing from being out last night, i dont care, we got snow

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Yeah same here in Kildare

Do you think that rotation in the Irish Sea might hit us ?
    It might but it could either just graze the Dublin/wicklow or wexford coast.
    I haven't studied it bar the radar yet but it seems to be sliding ssw

hawkwing wrote: »
    All going South :
    Tomorrow--Met.ie
    Munster will see some more prolonged snowfall during the morning. Highs -1 to plus 3 C.

Present indications suggest that there will be some snow over Munster later Sunday night, on Monday and maybe early Tuesday, heavy in places.

touchdown!!!!!!!!!!! sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

It might but it could either just graze the Dublin/wicklow or wexford coast.
    I haven't studied it bar the radar yet but it seems to be sliding ssw

Was trying to see it on sat24 but it was dark up till now ! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

beautiful crisp here, had about 5 cm's absoulte heaven

back home in sligo they got about 15-20 cm..

and best of all this saves me having to go shopping today,

rugby from 1.30 till about 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Yeah! Woke to snow in D16! Only about 1mm - but hey it's snow! :D

• Advertisement

for once sun go away. please tell me that sun is not strong enough to melt the snow?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Was trying to see it on sat24 but it was dark up till now ! :rolleyes:

Click on infra red

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Another windswept clear and snowless night for Waterford County...come back snow ! All is forgiven !

MT reckons we might get a bit from tonight to Tuesday, lamp post duty for all* :pac:

*unless that bloody snow shield is fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Finally got out to measure yesterdays snowfall. This is the top of the car. 17cm.
    db02d7a3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone in Skerries or Rush direction?, looks like some snow is imminent there. Maybe we will get a cm or two in Dublin CC in the next hour or so.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

irish1967 wrote: »
    Finally got out to measure yesterdays snowfall. This is the top of the car. 17cm.
    db02d7a3.jpg

ohhhh sweet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

db02d7a3.jpg

SWEET LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Some dark cloud formations building up around Donabate but just from observations out the window think we would need a very slight change in wind direction to bring it in over land

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Steopo wrote: »
    Some dark cloud formations building up around Donabate but just from observations out the window think we would need a very slight change in wind direction to bring it in over land

judging by the sat animation, it doesn't look like that's going to be blowing back at us.
    i'm more interested to see what happens to the mass entering the north west at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

judging by the sat animation, it doesn't look like that's going to be blowing back at us.
    i'm more interested to see what happens to the mass entering the north west at the minute!

Huh!?!? I'm on the iPhone. What's coming at me ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Steopo wrote: »

Running the radar loop it looks like it may just about miss the east coast, can see the clouds to the NE here too, close but no cigar, hope I'm wrong.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Galwaygirl14

hello all,
    New to this,have been addicted over the past few days! great work.;)

ok, i have never seen so much seagulls flying around the place.:confused:

hello all,
    New to this,have been addicted over the past few days! great work.;)

Welcome to the most emotional rollercoaster ride of your life.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

Supercell wrote: »
    Running the radar loop it looks like it may just about miss the east coast, can see the clouds to the NE here too, close but no cigar, hope I'm wrong.

I feel in my heart you are right.....must say very disappointed here in the east this morning. Especially after reading MT 's forecast. Absolutely delighted for those who got the weather they wanted so far (even those here who wanted no snow...).

Made a decision yesterday not to travel to kerry and part of me sorry not down in the firing line there this morning...Have this site opened constantly for weeks now...my 5 year old asked me yesterday was I learning to be a stormchaser!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Huh!?!? I'm on the iPhone. What's coming at me ???

there's just a big blob of cloud moving in over donegal at the moment...
    i don't look at the models or anything. just radar and sat images. will be interested to see what happens whether it will move across the country or simply dissipate after making landfall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Galwaygirl14

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Nah that one's missed Nrth County Dublin - pity it was very close and there was a lovely tint of orange in those clouds. Lots of activity in the Irish Sea so still hopeful of a few streamers later

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I forgot how beautiful it is in the morning, 9 inches in the back garden, I'd say a foot in the hills:

Snow_1712010.jpg

Snow_18122010_001.jpg

Snow_18122010_002.jpg

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Girl reporting from Gatwick on Sky News and she is getting plastered with snow,so jealous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement