Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank League 2013-2014 talk/gossip/rumours

Options
  • 23-05-2013 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭

The Ulster Bank League fixtures are not fixed until July however the Limerick Charity Cup which is the first competition of the year for North Munster senior clubs has been drawn.
    Limerick Charity Cup Season 2013-2014
    1st round
    Clare County v UL Bohemian
    Nenagh v Garryowen

Quarter Finals
    Young Munster v Richmond
    Old Crescent v Thomond
    Shannon v B
    A v Bruff
    Clare County is a side made up of players from Ennis, Kilrush, Scariff and St Senans.

Any transfer news or news of new coaches?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

The only coaching move I have heard of so far is that of Eric Miller who is taking over at Seapoint now that Nigel Osborne is stepping down. It was reported on irishrugby.ie about two weeks ago. You'd imagine he would be looking to bring in a few players given that Seapoint finished the season mid-table in 2A.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 woggas1972

Bruff have got Stephen Keogh, Ben Martin, and John Broderick.
    YM have John Staunton and John Keehan in, Prendie is gone to Grenoble.
    OC are the same as last year (unfortunately imo).
    Shannon brought in Ian Sherwin as DoR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

The only coaching move I have heard of so far is that of Eric Miller who is taking over at Seapoint now that Nigel Osborne is stepping down. It was reported on irishrugby.ie about two weeks ago. You'd imagine he would be looking to bring in a few players given that Seapoint finished the season mid-table in 2A.

Shaun Berne being brought in by Old Belvedere

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Young Munster have lost a heap of players apparently! Tarf rumoured to have signed a few Leinster Academy lads......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Young Munster have lost a heap of players apparently! Tarf rumoured to have signed a few Leinster Academy lads......

Who are the rumoured signings? I'd heard Coughlan a while back and wouldn't be surprised if gilsenan went with him,

Cathal marsh will move on from trinity I'd imagine, replacing ronaldson at lansdowne would be logical.

Ucd getting promoted might see them hang onto their players, Barry daly will be in demand though.

Jj hanrahan will be leaving ul bohs with garryowen the most likely destination...whether he will be playing much ail is another thing

Tarf have a big season ahead, 1000 year anniversary of the battle of Clontarf, match against the barbarians lined up...hopefully this'll be the season!

• Advertisement

bamboozle wrote: »
    Who are the rumoured signings? I'd heard Coughlan a while back and wouldn't be surprised if gilsenan went with him,

Cathal marsh will move on from trinity I'd imagine, replacing ronaldson at lansdowne would be logical.

Ucd getting promoted might see them hang onto their players, Barry daly will be in demand though.

Jj hanrahan will be leaving ul bohs with garryowen the most likely destination...whether he will be playing much ail is another thing

Tarf have a big season ahead, 1000 year anniversary of the battle of Clontarf, match against the barbarians lined up...hopefully this'll be the season!

Heard Coughlan, Gilsenan and Dalys names being banded about but with UCD going up i'd think lads would stick with them but again you'd never know.

Lansdowne may still have Ronaldson with Connacht basing players around the Munster and Leinster but i do agree, Marsh is the logical replacement and would seem a logical destination. Either to Lansdowne or Mary's who aren't too strong at 10.

JJ will go, only 2 clubs to go to with one looking depleted fro all the leaking stories! G'owen the only option.

Fergal Walsh to Old Belvedere & Tadgh Bennett to Old Wesley

• Registered Users Posts: 12 woggas1972

Stainalert wrote: »
    Fergal Walsh to Old Belvedere & Tadgh Bennett to Old Wesley

Is that confirmed? Fergal Walsh is rumoured to be leaving Shannon at this stage every year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

Some great tries there - Kenny try gets my vote

UCD will be a force next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Barry daly looks like the real deal. Kenny should look to england to get a contract I think

I hope UCD play the same brand of Rugby this upcoming season. Will be a joy to watch. Lansdowne UCD on the astro in the Aviva will be a sight!!

Darren Sweeetnum supposedly transferred to Dolphin. Big move for him and them, will be strong

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mightymonster

Scott Deasy has signed for Lansdowne after strong interest from Trinity and Clontarf .

Niall Kenneally from UL Bohs has signed for Con and got the kitchen sink from them by all accounts . Willie Ryan , John Ryan's brother this years No8 for UCC has also joined Con . UCC Prop Peter McCabe was due to join Con but when he found out they were signing a french prop he returned to UCC .

Irish U20 Prop Brian Scott has signed for Dolphin along with Sweetman according to the Evening Echo . Dolphin should be strong next year eventhough Barnes is gone to Newcastle and Quill will probably pick up a pro contract.

JJ Hanrahan gone to Garryowen . Makes sense with Jarvis gone from Connacht

Lansdowne said to be loosing Ronaldson as he is being directed to Corinthians in 1B

Word has it that the cookies are in trouble .

Con have also signed Luke Duffy from UCC

Jaysus Dolphin will have to choose from Cronin (albeit he may make more of a step forward in LH slot in Munster), Condon, Scott and Scannell, very strong front 3, Madigan and O Shea (Both Academy), Rowe in the 2nd Row, and a Back row of Brian O Callaghan, Dave O Callaghan, Miah Cronin, John Quill, Ryan Murphy. Spoiled for choice!

Interesting to see Deasy in Dublin, thought he was going to France to play ball!

Cathal Marsh gone to Marys

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Scott Deasy has signed for Lansdowne after strong interest from Trinity and Clontarf .

Niall Kenneally from UL Bohs has signed for Con and got the kitchen sink from them by all accounts . Willie Ryan , John Ryan's brother this years No8 for UCC has also joined Con . UCC Prop Peter McCabe was due to join Con but when he found out they were signing a french prop he returned to UCC .

Irish U20 Prop Brian Scott has signed for Dolphin along with Sweetman according to the Evening Echo . Dolphin should be strong next year eventhough Barnes is gone to Newcastle and Quill will probably pick up a pro contract.

JJ Hanrahan gone to Garryowen . Makes sense with Jarvis gone from Connacht

Lansdowne said to be loosing Ronaldson as he is being directed to Corinthians in 1B

Word has it that the cookies are in trouble .

Good man! That's a serious update!

Jaysus Dolphin will have to choose from Cronin (albeit he may make more of a step forward in LH slot in Munster), Condon, Scott and Scannell, very strong front 3, Madigan and O Shea (Both Academy), Rowe in the 2nd Row, and a Back row of Brian O Callaghan, Dave O Callaghan, Miah Cronin, John Quill, Ryan Murphy. Spoiled for choice!

Interesting to see Deasy in Dublin, thought he was going to France to play ball!

Since I posted last was having a similar conversation and heard Brian O'Callaghan supposed to be heading to Dublin and John Quill is fishing for a contract in the UK . Lots depends on his Eagles experiences this summer .

Cathal Marsh gone to Marys

Heard Lansdowne were disappointed to miss out

• Advertisement

Talk of Clune and Cutriss leaving Con and heading to Dublin too

Dolphin will be very strong if half the recruitment stated is true!! Fecking hell!! They'll be very tough bate in Muzzer, and if they start getting away results they'll be thereabouts!!

Dolphin will be very strong if half the recruitment stated is true!! Fecking hell!! They'll be very tough bate in Muzzer, and if they start getting away results they'll be thereabouts!!

I'd say dolphin win about five penalties a game through their scrum and are always good for pen try's also, they'll be strong.

Clontarf have signed max McFarland, Bryan Byrne, trinity kicker David Joyce, rock captain culleton and a Russian int second row from navan or skerries.

Lansdowne have signed deasy as a ten, I think the ail is going to be very strong next season, I believe Leinster want Denton playing ail also.

Word is Coughlan, gilsenan and daly all staying put, if so ucd will be strong especially in good weather.

Talk of Clune and Cutriss leaving Con and heading to Dublin too

Wouldn't be surprised to see them join the con contingent at Clontarf.

Lansdowne planning for life without Martin Moore and Tom sexton, tried to sign up ed Byrne and furlong to no avail I believe.

bamboozle wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see them join the con contingent at Clontarf.

Lansdowne planning for life without Martin Moore and Tom sexton, tried to sign up ed Byrne and furlong to no avail I believe.

Martin Moore expecting more game time with Leinster or has he moved club or left Leinster?

Martin Moore expecting more game time with Leinster or has he moved club or left Leinster?

Sorry yeah he's still with lansdowne but will be seeing little ail game time due to Leinster commitments.

Ed Byrne is a loose head - Why would Lansdowne sign him as cover for Moore whi is a tight head and especially when they already have Peter Dooley?

Ed Byrne is a loose head - Why would Lansdowne sign him as cover for Moore whi is a tight head and especially when they already have Peter Dooley?

Jack O Connell probably gonna get a lot more game time too with Leinster and Prenderville may have moved on so possibly could be caught a little short on props

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Does this mean Deasy isn't looking to play abroad?

• Advertisement

They were after furlong as TH and ed Byrne as LH.

Don't think Dooley will be ready for ail next season, he's quite light still, des merry can attest to this.

Advertisement