Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank League 2013-2014 talk/gossip/rumours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Any word from the Shannon camp on who they have signed/lost. Think they need to recruit a few bodies if they are to bounce back to 1A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

backgreen wrote: »
    shane o leary YM and Canadian u20 O/H rumoured to be going to grenoble
    not going anywhere. still will be playing AIL in Limerick this season

Any more transfer news? or news on fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭RuPi

Fixtures ate usually released the week after the rabo fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Fixtures due out in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

ormond lad wrote: »
    not going anywhere. still will be playing AIL in Limerick this season

Any more transfer news? or news on fixtures?

are you sure about that?
    has he refused the offer?
    garryowen advertising for a lock on a recruitment website

• Advertisement

lurtz wrote: »
    are you sure about that?
    Wasn't offered a contract I believe.
    G'owen looking for 2nd row. Are they losing anyone?

ormond lad wrote: »
    Wasn't offered a contract I believe.
    G'owen looking for 2nd row. Are they losing anyone?

hmm I heard opposite.
    Who were their locks this year?

hmm I heard opposite.
    Who were their locks this year?
    heard from somebody who was talking to Shane
    No idea who their 2nd rows were

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mightymonster

are you sure about that?

What is the recruitment site

What is the recruitment site

eyesonrugby.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Alan Kennedy, Aaron McCloskey and Dave Sherry were their Locks, Sherry gone to Lansdowne i believe as is working in Dublin, Kennedy signed for YM, Gowen missed out on Ed Kelly i hear. Closkey trying to get back into England to play league. And Mark Melbourne, rumoured to be coaching Clonmel RFC and not playing next season

Alan Kennedy, Aaron McCloskey and Dave Sherry were their Locks, Sherry gone to Lansdowne i believe as is working in Dublin, Kennedy signed for YM, Gowen missed out on Ed Kelly i hear. Closkey trying to get back into England to play league. And Mark Melbourne, rumoured to be coaching Clonmel RFC and not playing next season

always surprised McCloskey didnt do more,hes 6'7 isnt he?
    Presume sean mccarthys leaving shannon?

always surprised McCloskey didnt do more,hes 6'7 isnt he?
    Presume sean mccarthys leaving shannon?

Huge man, surprisingly timid! Should be murdering lads but doesn't have that much of an impact! Seems to lack aggression. Suppose McC will have to leave alright with Shannon going down! G'owen best option for regular rugby with YM having strong lock forwards,

Intense talks of O Leary having signed on at Grenoble! Heard today is a done deal off a mate of mine down in Limerick involved in YM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 392 ✭✭JagerScout

McCloskey is the prototypical size lock, shame he is so poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Huge man, surprisingly timid! Should be murdering lads but doesn't have that much of an impact! Seems to lack aggression. Suppose McC will have to leave alright with Shannon going down! G'owen best option for regular rugby with YM having strong lock forwards,

Intense talks of O Leary having signed on at Grenoble! Heard today is a done deal off a mate of mine down in Limerick involved in YM

I thought that the French clubs had to have all their players signed up by 1 July, even those coming off international duty who would not actually start training until late July like Sexton or even later like Morne Steyn at Stade Francais?

I thought that the French clubs had to have all their players signed up by 1 July, even those coming off international duty who would not actually start training until late July like Sexton or even later like Morne Steyn at Stade Francais?

he's signing an acaddemy contract so could be different

Fair play to Gerry Hurley on getting Munster contract . Good Ail. Form for Cons rewarded

Fair play to Gerry Hurley on getting Munster contract . Good Ail. Form for Cons rewarded

Murray, Sheridan, Hurley, Williams and Haugh/Cullen as 9s. Think Its an unusual move to give Hurley another contract. Don't get me wrong, was the best 9 in AIL for last few seasons but really shows a lack of faith in the Academy guys i feel

delighted to see good AIL presence rewarded. think it should happen more.
    did he take time off to focus on a career does anyone know?

delighted to see good AIL presence rewarded. think it should happen more.
    did he take time off to focus on a career does anyone know?

He is studying in ucc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

shaungil wrote: »

Jesus Tarf recruiting HEAVY!!!!!

Im tempted to throw a few quid on them

serious losses for trinity,theyll struggle

Think Tarf always have the squad to do it, definitely over last 2 seasons they have, losing BOM was decisive factor to not winning more games despite how exceptional D'Arcy was at 7. Injuries played huge part. Thinking Lansdowne, unless get a 10 to replace Ronaldson, who i've heard is playing with Corinthians and should be involved in some capacity with Connacht, won't win it again. A direct shoot out between UCD and Tarf with Dolphin and Con battling out for Munsters top spot.

Can't wait to see how teams cope with the trips up north again! Hinch will not be easily beat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Big season ahead for Clontarf, its the 1000 year anniversery of the battle of Clontarf, match v barbarians lined up also. some good signings, we need a bit of luck on the injury front and more bite from the back line.

lansdowne have scott deasy coming in I hear,would be a great replacement for ronaldson

lansdowne have scott deasy coming in I hear,would be a great replacement for ronaldson

Heard D2 in France may be calling also, same club Brian Hayes has gone to, can't think of name off top of my head

Heard D2 in France may be calling also, same club Brian Hayes has gone to, can't think of name off top of my head
    Is he gone to Aurillac?
    There's 3/4 irish there now I think if Deasy moves there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hurk

He's going back to college in Dublin AFAIK, which would explain the Lansdowne move as well.

Advertisement