Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's on sale quite a bit, I keep putting it off in the hope they put it on ps+ and then we get Conan Exiles :(

€20 for the game and all DLC's is an absolute steal, get on that, i only need the DLC's and they cost more than the complete edition.

Which is crazy :(

And dumb :(

I'm kinda half tempted to just buy the complete edition on PC at this point, i have Nioh standard on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

nix wrote: »
    €20 for the game and all DLC's is an absolute steal, get on that, i only need the DLC's and they cost more than the complete edition.

Which is crazy :(

And dumb :(

I'm kinda half tempted to just buy the complete edition on PC at this point, i have Nioh standard on PS4.

Presume you completed main game so? I'm stuck on
    Hinno Emna
    at the moment. In fairness, I only had a few quick goes last night. Had her down to a sliver of health on first effort but haven't been able to get close since. Think I know her patterns a bit better now though so hopefully get her tonight.

skerry wrote: »
    Presume you completed main game so? I'm stuck on
    Hinno Emna
    at the moment. In fairness, I only had a few quick goes last night. Had her down to a sliver of health on first effort but haven't been able to get close since. Think I know her patterns a bit better now though so hopefully get her tonight.

Yeah shes the first major difficulty wall and one of the hardest bosses in the game, you just gotta learn her moves.

From what i can remember, my advice would be, if you want it, is to
    stay close to her, not too close, just out of attack range, and keep dipping in and out to get her to trigger her attack combos and jump on her when she finishes and is low on stamina to wreck her.

If you're leveling the Onimo magic tree, there is an ability that you can get that makes a lot of boss fights much much easier, but i dont think you can get the ability before this particular boss fight :p

Yeah shes the first major difficulty wall and one of the hardest bosses in the game, you just gotta learn her moves.

stay close to her, not too close, just out of attack range, and keep dipping in and out to get her to trigger her attack combos and jump on her when she finishes and is low on stamina to wreck her.

If you're leveling the Onimo magic tree, there is an ability that you can get that makes a lot of boss fights much much easier, but i dont think you can get the ability before this particular boss fight :p

I'll take any and all advice when it comes to beating this b!tch :) I'll try that later so. Have light armour equipped for mobility now and gonna take my time and hopefully chip away at her once I get openings. Was maybe getting a bit greedy last night when I had an opening. She's super fast and aggressive for that early in a game but good to know she's considered one of the hardest and its not just me.

I also only realised late last night that I could retrieve my guardian spirit from the shrine. Was having to enter boss arena, run straight to guardian and retrieve before starting battle which was messing me up. Will charge living weapon now before entering.

I have the magic that lowers enemy defense and another that lowers attack so might use the attack debuff. Presume your on about
    sloth
    , I had read about that and like you said, it looks like its not available to me for the one boss it would probably help most with.

Yeah
    Sloth
    , its actually too OP, i was always expecting them to patch a nerf on it, like making bosses immune or a lot less effective, as you can really wreck alot of bosses with it :pac:

And is there not a penalty for summoning your guardian spirit instead of collecting it?

• Advertisement

Yeah
    Sloth
    , its actually too OP, i was always expecting them to patch a nerf on it, like making bosses immune or a lot less effective, as you can really wreck alot of bosses with it :pac:

And is there not a penalty for summoning your guardian spirit instead of collecting it?

You lose all amirita collected but at that stage I was more concerned about just getting the little bollix back so I could have the option of going into the fight with living weapon charged.

Which guardian spirit are you using by the way?

Which guardian spirit are you using by the way?

The Kato doggy chap

Finally beat her. Only learning the whole Jutsu system but realised I can make anti-paralysis pills and lightening talisman. Popped both and took your advice of trying to stay medium distance and chip away.

Also used the spell to reduce her attack. Second half of the fight she went for 3 grabs in a row which leave her really open so wailed on her and then broke out living weapon to finish her off. :D

skerry wrote: »
    Finally beat her. Only learning the whole Jutsu system but realised I can make anti-paralysis pills and lightening talisman. Popped both and took your advice of trying to stay medium distance and chip away.

Also used the spell to reduce her attack. Second half of the fight she went for 3 grabs in a row which leave her really open so wailed on her and then broke out living weapon to finish her off. :D

Nice!

You shouldn't run into too much difficulty for awhile now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Attempting to play through this at the moment, having a very odd experience with the bosses. The first one took me probably 30+ times, had me on the verge of quitting. Hino, who I've read subsequently is considered a big difficulty spike, I found to be quite easy. Just stayed in low stance and don't think I got hit by her big attacks once. Last one I beat was the big centipede which took a death or two to learn the moves but got them down then and did it easily enough.

I've no investment in magic but started using Jutsu, specifically the bombs, and they can do huge damage. Doing some of the side missions fighting the guys with huge tongues, hit them with 5 bombs and just wait for them to burn to death.

Game is amazing overall imo. I'll probably hit a difficulty wall at some point but I'll just enjoy it until then.

Attempting to play through this at the moment, having a very odd experience with the bosses. The first one took me probably 30+ times, had me on the verge of quitting. Hino, who I've read subsequently is considered a big difficulty spike, I found to be quite easy. Just stayed in low stance and don't think I got hit by her big attacks once. Last one I beat was the big centipede which took a death or two to learn the moves but got them down then and did it easily enough.

I've no investment in magic but started using Jutsu, specifically the bombs, and they can do huge damage. Doing some of the side missions fighting the guys with huge tongues, hit them with 5 bombs and just wait for them to burn to death.

Game is amazing overall imo. I'll probably hit a difficulty wall at some point but I'll just enjoy it until then.

Its a great game and combat is really satisfying. Think I'm enjoying it more than Dark Souls 3 which is my only DS experience. Had massive trouble with Hino but got her in the end.

Magic is worth investing in as there are some really helpful talismans that become available close to third area.

If you happen to have any Hyottoko masks on you I'd advise you keep them as there is a boss in the second area (I think) that really doesn't like fire and they absolutely smash him. You might have got to him already at this stage though.

I'm about to enter third area but gonna mop up some side quests first. Haven't picked it up in a week or so but must get back into it.

Finally the season pass went on sale on the PS store, got it for 50% (€11.99)

Now to restart a new game or just hammer into these DLC's? :confused:

I'm worried ill be over powered for them and breeze through them if i use my main save file, or does the difficulty spike in each DLC? anybody? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote:
    I'm worried ill be over powered for them and breeze through them if i use my main save file, or does the difficulty spike in each DLC? anybody?

Ive no idea but am hoping to play it soon too as I've a Sekiro itch to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

The DLC is really hard especially if you are playing on the higher difficulties. Well worth it, excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interesting, multiple playable characters by the look of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Some new DLC coming out for Nioh. Heres a first 45mins video of it. Looks alright, but i don't think ill install Nioh again for DLC 2 years after its release...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Some new DLC coming out for Nioh. Heres a first 45mins video of it. Looks alright, but i don't think ill install Nioh again for DLC 2 years after its release...

It does look a lot like the first game which I ended up really disliking. I was tempted to download this but when I saw the gameplay I was reminded of how frustrating I found the first game so think I'll pass. With the exception of character selection I can't see much of a difference.

Isn't it a sequel rather than dlc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just played the Demo for Nioh 2. I got a code in an email from Playstation. Its pretty decent and quite tricky but you can turn into a demon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Free with PS Plus in november.

I just played the Demo for Nioh 2. I got a code in an email from Playstation. Its pretty decent and quite tricky but you can turn into a demon now.

Open beta 1-10 nov

Advertisement