Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    The ocean roars again

I went back to this this morning. Finally beat the great centipede or whatever it's called (gas that's considered one of the easiest bosses yet he kicked my arse for months, more so than any other). Have you stayed with it Tyler? I'm just on that mission too. Half tempted to start again as I'm forgetting how to use the controls but the thoughts of slogging against the centipede and the lightning tiger thing again are putting me off starting over again.

How does summoning work in this, can anyone explain?

You offer an ochoko cup at the shrines to summon a visitor. It's one of the options you have there.

The centipede is actually easier on your own. You can get him into a position where you can constantly do drop attacks on him. Even then it's very easy to avoid anything he has attack wise. Just don't stand in front of it.

EDIT: If you don't want to summon for the ocean roars again , and are struggling just have a fire based guardian spirit equipped for the second phase and use the hokkaido masks if you have any for the 1st phase. Can be a cheap boss so don't feel bad about being equally cheap. Oh and get the quick change skill asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

You offer an ochoko cup at the shrines to summon a visitor. It's one of the options you have there.

The centipede is actually easier on your own. You can get him into a position where you can constantly do drop attacks on him. Even then it's very easy to avoid anything he has attack wise. Just don't stand in front of it.

EDIT: If you don't want to summon for the ocean roars again , and are struggling just have a fire based guardian spirit equipped for the second phase and use the hokkaido masks if you have any for the 1st phase. Can be a cheap boss so don't feel bad about being equally cheap. Oh and get the quick change skill asap.

Cheers. I only started the mission earlier so don't think I'm near the Boss yet. I'd heard it could be a cheap fight alright, if it's the one that shoots you or something. I've read it's possible to change the ki pulse so you execute it as you dodge which sounds like it could be helpful. Any idea how to do that?

There are ways to extend it's range but to be honest later on I had no issue with ki running out or draining too fast due to the gear and stats I had. I stopped hitting R1 in all but a real pinch or if I had time to, I had the skill for ki recovery on dodge which isn't as good but found that more useful in the heat of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Man, just finished Queens Eyes on NG+ The room before the boss drove me close to insanity. Did the first mission in NG++ and my god im doing very little damage. I may have to refine my build and get stuck into the blacksmithing end of the game

• Advertisement

Man, just finished Queens Eyes on NG+ The room before the boss drove me close to insanity. Did the first mission in NG++ and my god im doing very little damage. I may have to refine my build and get stuck into the blacksmithing end of the game

I had zero issues with the boss, you can just batter him with reckless abandon but that room was a pain on every play for me. If you didn't get them quick or manage to lure them away one by one it was game over.

You should be getting divine stuff now and the xp should have been ramped up, I wouldn't bother soul matching much until you have a divine set you want, think gear on way of the demon caps at lvl 200. You can use the mats from the divine stuff to give you an 85% chance at one in forging.

I had to give it a break on way of the wise on the demon king revealed theres a spike in difficulty there like the spire on o'connell street, I'm level 412 , gear is all 250(27) half divine and half ethreal, I've got the 2 of accessory that lowers the set requirements by one and with the +14% dmg to yokai so I can get bonuses from 2 sets and it's still like swinging at the brick wall and that before I get to top to the bosses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Started this a few days ago, just past the vampire/flying woman boss fight. She kicked my ass something shocking so I called in help :D
    This is frustrating and enjoyable at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Started this a few days ago, just past the vampire/flying woman boss fight. She kicked my ass something shocking so I called in help :D
    This is frustrating and enjoyable at the same time.

toughest difficulty spike early in the game, had to co-op too for her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does the difficulty go up if you call someone in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Does the difficulty go up if you call someone in?

No it didnt appear to, the one that came in for me brought me around and showed me where everything was and just minced everything with 1 or 2 hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

About 20 hours in.

Hardest boss i faced so far wasn't even a boss, it was
    the guy on the bridge, with the massive axe

All the Revenants lying around should have given it away for me.

In the end i just cheesed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Man this is a good little game. Boy do I suck at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Im stuck in that cave area,ive gona back to it a couple of times but I just cant get through it,i love the look of it and the combat is great but this area is just sapping my will to keep going..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Im stuck in that cave area,

Heh, you need to be more specific, what was the last boss you killed?

nix wrote: »
    Heh, you need to be more specific, what was the last boss you killed?

Its the Deep in the Shadows area,just finding it a trudge to get through it,i may go back and play the previous area just to get back into the combat properly..

Slow and steady through there. Once you get to the bottom you can avoid many of the enemies and head to the boss. There is a shrine just before the bottom but we wary of ambush as you approach it.

If its the area I'm thinking of with Hino-Enma as the boss then summon help for it. It's one of the early humps in the game and she's not worth the blood pressure.

Ah yeah, just gotta keep travelling downwards, keep and eye/ear out for the Shrines. The game gets progressively easier after this level in my opinion, i consider this level the endurance test for the whole base game, you havent even progressed to the hard part yet, the boss is rough.

Enjoy! :)

Dont give up! :mad:

Ah yeah, just gotta keep travelling downwards, keep and eye/ear out for the Shrines. The game gets progressively easier after this level in my opinion, i consider this level the endurance test for the whole base game, you havent even progressed to the hard part yet, the boss is rough.

Enjoy! :)

Dont give up! :mad:

Yeah,thought as much,seems to be a real difficulty spike from the previouse level.. perserverence is the key then..

Bought the dlc for this and then found I couldn't access it without killing the last boss which I had abandoned, specifically the clones. Totally out of practice and can't summon on that level, don't know if I have the will to git gud again.

sweetie wrote: »
    Bought the dlc for this and then found I couldn't access it without killing the last boss which I had abandoned, specifically the clones. Totally out of practice and can't summon on that level, don't know if I have the will to git gud again.

Well, look at it this way, you will be ready for the DLC once you get through it, i doubt the DLC will ease you back into it either :D

I also cant believe you got that far and gave up :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Well, look at it this way, you will be ready for the DLC once you get through it, i doubt the DLC will ease you back into it either :D

I also cant believe you got that far and gave up :confused:

To be fair, that room with the clones has to be the cheapest fight in the game.

To be fair, that room with the clones has to be the cheapest fight in the game.

I didn't have much trouble, think i died once from underestimating, then ran back down and rinsed it.

There are much more frustrating/difficult events in the levels throughout the game, which is why im surprised one would go through all of that, and then give up there :confused:

nix wrote:
    There are much more frustrating/difficult events in the levels throughout the game, which is why im surprised one would go through all of that, and then give up there

Something else came up and I forgot to finish it. Same with BOTW, haven't killed Ganon after first try!

sweetie wrote: »
    Something else came up and I forgot to finish it. Same with BOTW, haven't killed Ganon after first try!

haha ah thats grand, i was thinking you were like "**** this game" and just quit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Just picked this up over the weekend and enjoying it so far. Only in the Isle of Demons and getting a feel for the game. Have some experience with Souls games but I think I need to get my head around the differences in combat. Just wondering if there are any must have early game skills etc. I should be building towards to make life easier.

Obviously early days, but early level enemies seem a bit more forgiving than Souls. In Souls games I always had the feeling that any early enemy has the capability to kill me. So far in Nioh I've only ever really ran into hassle when mobbed.

Picked up complete edition so have the Nioh armour from the start, but didn't have enough stamina to equip it cos its strength armour so I put a couple of points into Stamina so my weight ratio is in the yellow with 4 pieces equipped. Don't want to be pumping too much into stamina though as I'd prefer a more agile build with lighter armour.

I prioritized putting points into Spirit first and thinking next priority should be whatever scales with my main weapon, which is katana at the moment and a secondary of an axe I picked up from a revenant. I picked sword and kusarigama to start but don't seem to have kusarigama in inventory, I presume picking these at start is just giving me the bonus point in stats relevant to those weapons and I don't actually start with them.

Anyway, a lot to learn but liking the style and feel of the game so far. I have no doubt there is plenty frustration to come though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj2017

I haven't played this and Bloodborne. Might buy this next month.

mj2017 wrote: »
    I haven't played this and Bloodborne. Might buy this next month.

Nioh is 14.99 on the sale at the moment and 19.99 for Complete Edition. Think it's on sale until 4th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's on sale quite a bit, I keep putting it off in the hope they put it on ps+ and then we get Conan Exiles :(

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's on sale quite a bit, I keep putting it off in the hope they put it on ps+ and then we get Conan Exiles :(

I'd looked at it a few times and finally picked it up this sale. Had similar hopes of it popping up on PS+. Bought the complete edition just in-case cos even if it does pop up on PS+, it'll be just the base game and the DLC doesn't usually go on sale, at least that's how I justified it :)

Really enjoying it so far. On the third boss now so hopefully I'll get the better of her this evening. Looking forward to getting some good lewts and get to the stage where I can get a proper build together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's what happened me with BB. got if free on PS+ and then paid €14.99 or something for the DLC. Best money I ever spent on DLC probably. It's a good price but I can't justify it at the moment as I'm mired in the Division for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement