Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me? 7th Chevron Edition

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Universe is a definite watch, its great, its a pity it didnt go beyond the 2 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ive said it before but its a shame universe was cancelled, its really really good. My wife, watching Stargate for the first time, loves it, its her favorite of them all. It had great potential.

I've done the same, started Universe with herself last week...in three days we had season 1 done! Never thought I'd hear her say "I'm dying to see the next episode" :eek: It's a quality show, and that's something I've always said about it - a crying shame it got cancelled, as it would have been truly great with another season or two to let it grow. Hell, if we're to judge shows by their first two seasons then SG1 AND Atlantis would probably have been cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I think that goes for most "classic Sci Fi, like SG1 and Star Trek too. Show's need time to develop and find their feet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SarahBM wrote: »
    I think that goes for most "classic Sci Fi, like SG1 and Star Trek too. Show's need time to develop and find their feet.

It's the same for a lot of shows. Plenty have a dodgy first season or at least one that reflects poorly on the later seasons. People just need to give them a bit of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This is one of my favourite exchanges because of Don S. Davis.

General Hammond: We’ll send the bomb through on schedule.
    O’Neill: General, you can’t do that!
    General Hammond: Oh, I can’t?
    O’Neill: There are innocent people on that planet.
    General Hammond: There are innocent people here. I have my orders too, Colonel. I obey mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

This is one of my favourite exchanges because of Don S. Davis.

General Hammond: We’ll send the bomb through on schedule.
    O’Neill: General, you can’t do that!
    General Hammond: Oh, I can’t?
    O’Neill: There are innocent people on that planet.
    General Hammond: There are innocent people here. I have my orders too, Colonel. I obey mine.

Don always had great lines. The way he tells Jack to 'get the hell out of my office' after he kicks the wall and argues with him in 'Upgrades' is gold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jason Momoa was in Mulligans last night. He apparently likes his Guinness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just watching a bit of Atlantis and I'm wondering why Joe Flanigan's career seems to have stalled only a handful of guest spots over the last eight years since Atlantis ending

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Inviere

Sg1 is 20 this year! Begun a new run through a few weeks back, and once you get past the first 5 eps or so, it begins to get into itself. Started season 3 last night, beginning to hit its stride now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
Advertisement