Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me? 7th Chevron Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SarahBM wrote: »
    Something I noticed watching Atlantis. There's an episode where Markem and Stackhouse are killed by a Wraith dart that is attacking the city. But Weir mentions them in the next episode. Must be just a mistake,right?

Yeah it sounds like a continuity error alright. They episode where they were killed prob had a higher production number then the one they were mentioned in (filmed later) but a lower airing number (aired before)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ALL ten seasons of SG-1 is on Netflix Ireland. :D

(Wonder if it's the nudey version?)

Will start the marathon once I've finished season 2 of suits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Watched the SG1 Season 9 ep where Mitchel gets a memory implant where he thinks he murdered someone. not the best ep..

keithgeo wrote: »
    Watched the SG1 Season 9 ep where Mitchel gets a memory implant where he thinks he murdered someone. not the best ep..

Agreed, not a fan of that one at all...it's so slow or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I thought the whole seriousness of the crime was just glossed over a bit. And ya, I thought it was slow too.

I can't believe SG1 is on Netflix. Well I have them all bought now.
    I'm hooked on once upon a time at the mo and watching Farscape, so Atlantis and Universe will have to wait til next wk when I'm on hols

• Advertisement

SarahBM wrote: »
    I can't believe SG1 is on Netflix. Well I have them all bought now.

Your better off owning them anyway, they're yours forever now as Netflix can/prob will remove them eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The pilot episode on Netflix is the re-release final cut with a few subtle changes. Teal'c speaks different. Carter makes no remark about reproductive organs. (Or I wasn't paying enough attention). Kowalski's ahem predicament isn't shown at all. There's no nudity.

I think removing Carter's remarks was a mistake especially when the 200th episode references them.

Wow, that Carter line one of my favourite Carter quotes of all time!!!

On season 3 of Atlantis and Season 10 of SG1 now, about 2 eps into both. Really enjoying Atlantis as ive only ever watched them once before, SG1 is still dragging for me! Though the Ori ships just came through the supergate and Vala is back.

I loved the whole Ori arc in SG1. Atlantis is as good too. Such a great franchise. Since completing TNG there a while back, I've got through:

Space: Above & Beyond (fantastic show that went before its time!)
    Terra Nova (first time watching it in its entirety, actually really enjoyed it)
    Doctor Who (2005 onwards, first time watching these & am totally hooked).

Battlestar Galactica I put on hold after the first season, as I'll be getting the blu ray complete set during the year, so really looking forward to getting back into that too.

• Advertisement

Loved Space: Above and Beyond, was a show before its time i think, was a shame it was cancelled so early.

Terra Nova, it was good, but I think they could have done more with it, I would have liked to see it get more episodes. Wish they would just make a Dino Riders tv show!

Doctor Who is great, i never watched the old ones but started watching when Christopher Eccelson was on it and have been hooked since, David Tennant was brilliant, wasnt too bothered by Matt Smith and not sure about the new guy yet.

I have a hankering to watch Battlestar myself, i recommended it to a lad in work and he loves it and listening to him talk about makes me want to watch it again, didnt know a blu ray was coming out, think ill do the same and hang on!

didnt know a blu ray was coming out, think ill do the same and hang on!

Yep, the whole series is available in one set. Makes for a nice Xmas prezzy :pac: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Complete-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B0027UY8B8/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1409917183&sr=1-1&keywords=battlestar+galactica Actually, it has dropped in price significantly since last time I looked...£40 is for nothing :eek:

That is cheap!! Though.. i dont buy dvds or BluRays anymore... :pac:

That is cheap!! Though.. i dont buy dvds or BluRays anymore... :pac:

Me either, except for truly special things that are worth owning. I traded in my whole dvd collection there earlier in the year to CeX...got store credit of nearly two hundred quid. Physical media for films etc is kinda dead to me now, but as I said, for things I really love, I'll still buy physical :)

I miss stargate. Might have to go back to Atlantis. Farscape run through is going ok. I dint dont feel the compulsion to watch it like I did with SG1 and Atlantis. Can't wait to get to the Peacekeeper Wars.
    Will have to give space above and beyond a go. I promise to get round to universe at some stage.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Me either, except for truly special things that are worth owning. I traded in my whole dvd collection there earlier in the year to CeX...got store credit of nearly two hundred quid. Physical media for films etc is kinda dead to me now, but as I said, for things I really love, I'll still buy physical :)

The Only Dvd\BluRays i have are Firefly\Serentiy, Terminator2 and The Gamechasers season1

Sold all mine a couple of years back as well. I used to have all DS9 and Babylon5 on video and i sold them for 500quid when dvds first came out haha, you couldnt give them away now. Dying Media!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

John de Lancie vs. an airlock. :pac:

Last written assignments handed in, I think I may have to finish Atlantis and watch space above and beyond :-)

I miss SG1. What a great show. We should all do a run through next year!

I see Stargate Universe is now on Netflix. Might be the kick up the butt I need to watch it. Last exam (hopefully ever!) on Tuesday and then I can catch up on all the shows I have missed out on! Including Universe and a few others that you lovely folks have mentioned.

Finally at the end of my SG1 run, just have the last movie to go when ive finished atlantis off, then ill watch universe again. I forgot that
    They get trapped on the ship for years and Tealc doesnt get reset back and is about 50 years older!

• Advertisement

You know, I love SG1 so much. I'd do another run through if I had time. I'm half way through Star Trek DS9 at the mo. I think when I've caught up on a few other mini series, I'll give Universe a bash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Finally at the end of my SG1 run, just have the last movie to go when ive finished atlantis off, then ill watch universe again. I forgot that
    They get trapped on the ship for years and Tealc doesnt get reset back and is about 50 years older!
    Excellent work Optimus. I only dip into my rewatch every now and then. I've a terrible habit of watching any old new SF on TV when I'd really be better of with SG1!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I do enjoy Thor's pronunciation. Replicators. :pac:

I am finished a complete run through of Star Trek Deep Space 9. I am going to run through Voyager next because its been years, then Stargate Universe :-)

Of all the sci fi I have watched SG1 is still my fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i got into the habit of starting my SG1 re-watches in season 3 or 4 and running to season 8 and only sometimes watching 9+10, but i had forgotten how good some of the S1 & S2 episodes where

im doing B5 at the moment, again. so good.

I loved B5, watched it a few times over. but id say its aged badly now has it? Still what a storyline.. season 1-4 is amazing. nuggets planted in season 1 that only come to light a couple of seasons later, amazing storytelling. you have to watch it a few times to pick up on everything.

I picked up the Atlantis soundtrack for €3 in a second hand shop in Galway at the wknd. Now I want to watch Atlantis again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I loved B5, watched it a few times over. but id say its aged badly now has it? Still what a storyline.. season 1-4 is amazing. nuggets planted in season 1 that only come to light a couple of seasons later, amazing storytelling. you have to watch it a few times to pick up on everything.

ye 2nd that.
    when it aired first i remember watching an episode on Channel4 and thinking it was a less intellectual verson of star trek (i was only 12 or so id say)
    how wrong i was but i did only see 1 or 2 episodes of season 1 so....
    its aged better than TNG i think

Sadly, im fast approaching the end of my SG run through. Finished SG1, Atlantis, all the TV Movies and am about 6 episodes into the second season of Universe. ive said it before but its a shame universe was cancelled, its really really good. My wife, watching Stargate for the first time, loves it, its her favorite of them all. It had great potential.

• Advertisement

Fair play. I'm thinking of starting Universe. I have been putting it on the long finger. But now that Winter is Coming (sorry! Bad joke) I think I'll have no problem flying through it. was talking to someone about SG1 the other day. I'd do another run though but maybe skip the first 2 seasons because I have seen them a lot.

Advertisement