Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

tigerballs wrote: »
    yeah the latest beta patch is causing a stuck loading screen even on servers updated to it. I just went back to the previous patch..

Has anyone experienced when resuming the game only to be passed out, even though healthy. its a long wait to resume consciousness..

A few of the lads had this.
    Its meant to work so that if you log out while panicked etc to escape a zombie or player you can just log back in.

Seems to be an issue with it though happening to people who just log out as normal and it persists through the characters life.

It should stop when you die/suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

So what's the craic? Is it possible to play on the boards server or what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Boards serverworking fine for me now with the latest beat patch..

a question on the outfits available
    I got a camo one but looks very low res..

what uniforms mod expansions are used for this?

After latest patch I can't get the game to run at all... Tbh... in a week I've spent more time reading forums about how to get on than I have playing. And the small bit of time I did get in game the entire server got nuked and a 2 week old character died.

Fed up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

After latest patch I can't get the game to run at all... Tbh... in a week I've spent more time reading forums about how to get on than I have playing. And the small bit of time I did get in game the entire server got nuked and a 2 week old character died.

Fed up tbh.

Couple of ways to do it, easiest IMO:

Install latest beta from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (up the top in green)

Grab @Dayz files at http://cdn.armafiles.info/

Use Arma II Launcer http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/aluncger.jpg

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Couple of ways to do it, easiest IMO:

Install latest beta from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (up the top in green)

Grab @Dayz files at http://cdn.armafiles.info/

Use Arma II Launcer http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/aluncger.jpg

I was getting CD key errors and everything tonight so I've deleted everything through steam then did a hard delete of any remaining files. I'm currently around 25% through a re download and am going to start again from there.

Just frustrating. Honestly, I think there is probably an easier way of doing all this but I've had a fair bit to drink and I'm kinda dealing in absolutes right now.

Bit like a sith.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

Is direct chat not enabled on the server? It makes it impossible to know who is a bandit and who is friendly. Me and my friend were making our way to airfield and then we spotted some guy, tried to call out to him but he unloaded on my friend. Now I feel I have to kill on sight because I can't talk to anyone

If any one is struggling adding the patch(I couldn't get it to work using the install guide on their forums) I used this video which got it going straight away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

stuckin wrote: »
    Is direct chat not enabled on the server?

Side chat (in blue) was removed a few patches back.

If someone is within 50 meters of you you just switch to the white (direct chat) and type.

Even better, get a mic and warn him off saying that there are 2 of you. He'll hear it unless he's playing with the sound off.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

I did try to shout at him over the mic, but my friend couldn't hear me on that, so there would have been no way he could have heard me

As it turned out he was a bandit so it didn't bother me too much, but I could see how easily you could react that way if you didn't know someone was trying to talk to you
    Ponster wrote: »
    Side chat (in blue) was removed a few patches back.

If someone is within 50 meters of you you just switch to the white (direct chat) and type.

Even better, get a mic and warn him off saying that there are 2 of you. He'll hear it unless he's playing with the sound off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

VON is disabled on boards server.

Suppose we could turn it back on now the betas have fixed most of the lag problems, next restart i will turn it back on. prolly morrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

I was on the server, in the NW airfield, hearing someone firing off a .50cal sniper rifle repeatedly. So much so that I figured it must be a scritp-kiddie as rare as the weapon is, the ammo is even more rarer.

So I disconnect, reconnect hours later ...still firing off the .50cal. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone know what this means?

"You were kicked off the game. BattlEye script restriction: #16"

Was being chased by zombies in cherno and when i ran into a building i got kicked and have being getting the same message since, on every server ive tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone know what this means?

"You were kicked off the game. BattlEye script restriction: #16"

Was being chased by zombies in cherno and when i ran into a building i got kicked and have being getting the same message since, on every server ive tried.
    Its an issue due to the latest Beta patch, the DayZ admins have issued a work around, shouldn't happen on the Boards server

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Villain wrote: »
    Its an issue due to the latest Beta patch, the DayZ admins have issued a work around, shouldn't happen on the Boards server

It was on the boards server that it happened,getting the following now when i try to join any server including boards.

""You were kicked off the game. BattlEye script restriction: #27"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

dreamers75 wrote: »
    VON is disabled on boards server.

Suppose we could turn it back on now the betas have fixed most of the lag
    problems, next restart i will turn it back on. prolly morrow morning.

Grand. While the blue chat can sometimes take away from the atmosphere.. the lack of side chat and player names turned off means you pretty much have to play kill on sight for anyone you meet.

I dunno about other people but I really enjoyed the stand off moments where players tried to figure out if they were friendly willing to trade or a bandit.

Zatoichi wrote: »
    I was on the server, in the NW airfield, hearing someone firing off a .50cal sniper rifle repeatedly. So much so that I figured it must be a scritp-kiddie as rare as the weapon is, the ammo is even more rarer.

So I disconnect, reconnect hours later ...still firing off the .50cal. :(

Doubt it was someone hacking tbh. Was he not giving his position away if he was firing that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Sisko wrote: »
    Doubt it was someone hacking tbh. Was he not giving his position away if he was firing that much?

ofc he was it's a .50cal, and there were a number of X has been killed during, though *that* could be a coincidence. Having that much rare ammo, however, for a rare weapon is far, far less of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I spawned in Electro and saw a building with barbed wire around it that could only be accessed by the roof.

So i go in and see a load of loot.
    Which when i get to the roof i find these chaps.

Arma pic.jpg And then just near the supermarket these lads.

Arma pic 2.jpg Ones near the door the other by the jeep.

So if your in Electro on the boards server please say hello :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you get a car, tractor, etc, hide it. Leaving it in the middle of a field is stupid!

Also, be nice if someone nicks your tractor, or you'll get it back in pieces :pac:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

tigerballs wrote: »
    Boards serverworking fine for me now with the latest beat patch..

a question on the outfits available
    I got a camo one but looks very low res..

what uniforms mod expansions are used for this?

I think the hi-res textures for the camo suit come with the BAF expansion.

• Advertisement

K upgraded to the BETA version thingy, when is first light on the boards server?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

K upgraded to the BETA version thingy, when is first light on the boards server?

I was on this morning, still dark, I have'nt got a watch, so i don't know the time on the boards map.

I guess I'll need to behave a bit better towards Boardsie in Dayz.... I am a total **** to random people on other servers :D . WANT YA BEANZ

Sisko wrote: »
    Grand. While the blue chat can sometimes take away from the atmosphere.. the lack of side chat and player names turned off means you pretty much have to play kill on sight for anyone you meet.

If you're close enough to kill then you can just use Direct Chat which does the same thing as Side Chat. Removing Side Chat was done to make the game more realistic and increase the feeling of being alone.

There's a LOT of posts about this on the Dayz forums.

Here is an excellent post on how to setup and use Direct Communications

For those who don't check out the Dayz Forums, you may be interested in the threads which may decide the future of the mod.

When you look directly at someone closeby who has VERY low humanity, you hear a heartbeat noise.

Spawning without a weapon

So after doing something to my game files last night and basically breaking everything while drunk I gave up and did a fresh install. After a bit of mucking around I've gotten working and got onto boards server.

My backpack is completely empty, I just have a gun clips and bandages. Also - it's so black that I can't see anything, I can't even see myself in 3rd person view.

Any suggestions? Is this another botch job on my part or serverside?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Server side my friend, you could be in debug area.. or just unlucky..

Server side my friend, you could be in debug area.. or just unlucky..

Was a new char so it's fine, just restarted there. I'm all for realism, but the screen is black and 10 flares will only get me so far.

Really want to enjoy this mod, but getting less playable each patch.

Was a new char so it's fine, just restarted there. I'm all for realism, but the screen is black and 10 flares will only get me so far.

Try turning the brightness and gamma up to the max. Or just play on a US server at night (or an European UTC-x hours server).

Also the darkness seems to be linked to the time of night.

http://i.imgur.com/KsAeu.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ponster wrote: »
    Try turning the brightness and gamma up to the max. Or just play on a US server at night (or an European UTC-x hours server).

That doesn't work anymore, Rocket changed this so people would stop using the Gamma/Brightness to 'cheat' being able to travel etc during the night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement