Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

that was an odd yet welcome bug was crawling around town with 600 blood for hours trying to find food or a animal to eat logged out to find a hospital for a blood bag so i could come on here to beg for a transfusion logged back in and have 12000 blood :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

karma_ wrote: »
    I did pick a silenced Mk14 I think it was out of one of these, few of us on scouting the airfield when we saw them, genuinely thought it was something new they added and we had moved into LOST territory, which would have been pretty cool. Hopefully don't receive a ban for something like this.

Dont think its fair myself, most people wouldnt know it wasnt meant to be in the game would think they found the best **** ever.

Its a GUID ban too so you cant play vanilla arma2 on battleye servers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont think its fair myself, most people wouldnt know it wasnt meant to be in the game would think they found the best **** ever.

Its a GUID ban too so you cant play vanilla arma2 on battleye servers.

Hopefully won't come to that, I got iced again soon after so it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Did you see those crates and boxes by the control tower?

Well there was a few of us and we wanted to know what those crates and boxes were. I covered one guy over and he said the crates were packed with weapons and ammo. He made it back so I went over and just as I reached the control tower all hell broke loose, seemed was getting shot from a couple of different directions and it was quick in the end.

I don't think those crates should have been there, whether it was a bug or what I'm not sure, but when I respawned in Electro by the beach there was another crate sitting, with hundreds of assault rifles and ammo.

Ah, I knew it was a cheater. Just too many coincidences.

I don't have much faith in Battleeye. Banning people simply for having a weapon they picked up isn't fair. There are weapons on the DayZ wiki I have never seen in-game yet, and if I saw them before seeing the wiki, I would have assumed they were spawned in via cheats.

This happened last night too, when the cheaters were all supposedly global banned the day before. Unless the crates were there before the banning.

Server reset or down ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Ah, I knew it was a cheater. Just too many coincidences.

I don't have much faith in Battleeye. Banning people simply for having a weapon they picked up isn't fair. There are weapons on the DayZ wiki I have never seen in-game yet, and if I saw them before seeing the wiki, I would have assumed they were spawned in via cheats.

This happened last night too, when the cheaters were all supposedly global banned the day before. Unless the crates were there before the banning.

Like I said earlier I think it was me with the .50cal previously, and before I'd picked it up I'd never seen one before, I don't follow the wiki nor have I ever played vanilla arma2. As far as I know the crates were only there from this morning, we didn't see them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

bizmark wrote: »
    that was an odd yet welcome bug was crawling around town with 600 blood for hours trying to find food or a animal to eat logged out to find a hospital for a blood bag so i could come on here to beg for a transfusion logged back in and have 12000 blood :pac:

I had the opposite happen to me. Just got done devouring a furry animal, and was rather pleased with my blood count. But after logging for the sake of eating furry animals IRL, it was right back where it was prior to my in-game feast.

Granted, this came on the heels of some strange events. Lag, low humanity icon for some reason, all kills disappearing. It was as if I was disconnected but still running around able to loot things. My inventory was still intact, just my debug stats that were acting up.

I had the opposite happen to me. Just got done devouring a furry animal, and was rather pleased with my blood count. But after logging for the sake of eating furry animals IRL, it was right back where it was prior to my in-game feast.

Granted, this came on the heels of some strange events. Lag, low humanity icon for some reason, all kills disappearing. It was as if I was disconnected but still running around able to loot things. My inventory was still intact, just my debug stats that were acting up.

I noticed that low humanity icon as well figured it had something to do with it just hope the newly filled blood holds next time i log in as running around near death is a truely frustrating horrible experience

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

Villian, did you see this.

VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16
    Changelog 2012-06-16:
    All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning.
    * [FIXED] All land and water vehicles will now spawn in a repairable state .
    * [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level, they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.
    * [NEW] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.
    * [NEW] Vehicles are spawned on all new servers.

Future implementation:
    Vehicle models will be mixed up (randomized) a little depending on which type of vehicle that can spawn at a certain area. This means some vehicle models might become rarer.

Known issues:
    Aircrafts are still very dangerous to fly due to desync.
    Aircrafts will only be available on some very old servers until this issue is fixed. Your safety as a pilot or passanger is NOT guaranteed. (hopefully fixed with release of 1.7.1, need more testing)

Note to server admins:
    Serverside recommendation: Please update your arma2 server version to latest beta in preparation for 1.7.1 release.
    Also make sure your battleeye files are up to date or players will have troubles playing on your server if their client version is later than 93825.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sarky wrote: »
    Devs are considering adding a heartbeat sound if you're looking directly at someone with really low humanity. Bandits and jerks would be a little more obvious to the rest of us, at least up close, which is nice.

Is there any particular trick to the crossbow? Because three times now and point blank I'm sure I've got them right in the sights, and every single time it misses, and I just take a pistol and do it the old fashioned way.

Ahh ok. I don't think it will make too much of a difference. People know that you have to kill in self defence, and generally if someone wants to kill someone else then they will do it regardless of their humanity. It would just give the more morally conscience player the benefit of knowing if they decide on killing that player that their own humanity won't be compromised id imagine. Basically exchanging the old 'survivor' and 'bandit' skins of previous versions and wrapping it up into a more passive and 'Immersive' feature

The Crossbow ironsight is frankly woeful, you're almost better and more accurate firing from the hip. If the server has the Crosshairs then shoot from the hip instead of the Ironsight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

over on the dayz forums their plenty of posts about hackers spawning weapon crates as in this vid the guy shows how to do it ffs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uRfMbjMdMw
    if you see a crate that shouldnt be their or wasnt their dont touch it!
    ive seen posts where people have been banned for taking weapons from them.

also some cases of hackers nuking the players in some servers in responce to the big bannings that happend,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xObUtdQNIJk
    also so some hackers TKC? saying arma2 should have zombies and have screwed some servers up for a little bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLHASDSYx34
    chat logs going mental on that.

i realy hate little feckin script kiddys wanting uber gear right away and abusing the game ie arty hack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRW-sGEHZU&t=2m44s.
    heli teleporting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZv-5WNsVfg
    i even heard about a AH-64D Apache being spawned in

some of the problems i recon is due to the popularity of the game exploding thanks to dayz, ive seen it with some other games that started off small and got bigger rather quick and the little cod style script kids came and spoilt it.

rant over,

if you find somethin in game that you dont think should be their dont touch it and ignore it simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

I did pick a silenced Mk14 I think it was out of one of these, few of us on scouting the airfield when we saw them, genuinely thought it was something new they added and we had moved into LOST territory, which would have been pretty cool. Hopefully don't receive a ban for something like this.

Brilliant, now I'm suspicious of all my good gear. I found a silenced M9 on someones body and I hadn't found that before, no idea if its come from one of those crates or not now... BALLS!

In fairness, it would seem excessively harsh for a GUID ban if its as easy a thing to do as pick up from someones body.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

stuckin wrote: »
    Brilliant, now I'm suspicious of all my good gear. I found a silenced M9 on someones body and I hadn't found that before, no idea if its come from one of those crates or not now... BALLS!

In fairness, it would seem excessively harsh for a GUID ban if its as easy a thing to do as pick up from someones body.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons

The M9 SD is on the list. So, unless they have a specific ID for the DayZ M9 Vs. the Arma2 M9, you should be fine... I would think...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If they start banning people for using something they find in the game its a joke.
    Some of us just play the damn game, we dont live on the dayz forums keeping up to speed on everything.

Anyone checked the NW airfield to see if those crates are still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

Anyone checked the NW airfield to see if those crates are still there?

I only go near the airfield when I have to, too much of a risk to go back without any need to. Wont be back there for a few days, unless I end up in some serious fire fights and need to replenish ammo

Anyone else finding the zombies a giant annoyance now ? you cant crouch walk with in 20 meters of them now with out half a dozen running you down they see you through walls hit you through walls and phase through walls really starting to piss me off

Anyone else finding the zombies a giant annoyance now ? you cant crouch walk with in 20 meters of them now with out half a dozen running you down they see you through walls hit you through walls and phase through walls really starting to piss me off

The update hasn't been released yet. That will stop the zombie wall hacking, but will increase their LOS, so I don't know how that is going to pan out gameplay-wise.

Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.
    - Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Honestly I don't get this at all.
    I do think however that they are more sensitive to walking on roads, so crawl across them. They do seem to be direction sensitive, so you can get much closer to one walking away than towards you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meshey

Maximilian wrote: »
    Boards Camp, 2012-2012, R.I.P.

Goodnight sweet prince.

Sorry, but I had to register on this forum so I could draw your attention to this video...

This is the most evil thing I've done in the game, it was a lot of fun. Thanks for all the stuff guys, no hard feelings.

• Advertisement

meshey wrote: »
    Sorry, but I had to register on this forum so I could draw your attention to this video...

This is the most evil thing I've done in the game, it was a lot of fun. Thanks for all the stuff guys, no hard feelings.

haha, nice video!

Serious balls to loot a big camp like that with only two of you. :eek:

I think all vehicles are going to be reset soon anyway, so get the most out of them while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Yeah fair play to ya's but that Max Z guy was in the same boat as you.. he was looting haha

haha, nice video!

Serious balls to loot a big camp like that with only two of you. :eek:

I think all vehicles are going to be reset soon anyway, so get the most out of them while you can.

Haha cheers, I was bricking it to be fair. Someone even came back while I was in the process and I had to dispatch him! Ooops ;)

Edit: Oh max wasn't a resident of the camp? NAUGHTY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

They already did a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

meshey wrote: »
    Haha cheers, I was bricking it to be fair. Someone even came back while I was in the process and I had to dispatch him! Ooops ;)

Edit: Oh max wasn't a resident of the camp? NAUGHTY!

its a shame the servers had the vehicles reset. you didnt get much use out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls
    Hope they fix the thing about the infected walking through closed doors!

jaggeh wrote: »
    its a shame the servers had the vehicles reset. you didnt get much use out of them.

Awwww, that is a shame! But the thrill of doing it, more than made up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

When I joined a server earlier it reverted to a character I had about two weeks ago for some reason. Not complaining though as I was well equipped.

Every time I heard the flies today and went to investigate, there was never a body too which seemed a little strange too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

If the admin is reading this: my character (Mossferatu) just fell through a building, sort of stuck inside now, trying to find my way out.-- I'm not wall-hacking/glitching on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mossay wrote: »
    If the admin is reading this: my character (Mossferatu) just fell through a building, sort of stuck inside now, trying to find my way out.-- I'm not wall-hacking/glitching on purpose.

Press V and if that doesnt work go prone and roll out with Q E

if that doesnt work, kill yourself.

Fair play Meshey :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement