Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thanks for that, new problem is - whenever I try and join a server I get an error saying "you cannot play/edit this mission dayz"

Searching everywhere but all the stuff it's asking to do I've already done.
    Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Downlaoded the beta and installed again red x. Im running six launcher and updating from your server will let you know if it works.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Use this and point it to the correct EXES.

Enable Beta and ARMA CO

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

dreamers75 wrote: »

Enable Beta and ARMA CO

I ran it through six updater and it connects no problem when i launch from there app ? do more testing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I was finally able to get DayZ working for the first time in about three weeks.

Like another poster had mentioned, I was unable to join any servers because of the cursed Retrying to Authenticate error. Eventually I was able to bypass it by installing a newer version of the beta and making sure to only play on servers using that beta. I think Ponster may have pointed this out at one point.

My first time back in the game was pretty much a series of complete disasters, resulting in me dying a total of three times in one day! But I will continue on undeterred!

My first death was pretty embarrassing. I was creeping along slowly into Electro when I somehow managed to aggro' a single solitary zombie. I quickly popped him in the head and continued along on my merry way. Five seconds later I'm surrounded by about fifteen zeds munching ravenously on my extremities while I drift in and out of consciousness - and then "Dead".

My second death was a lot more mundane. Having just searched Balotta Airport, and having managed to find the square root of nothing, I had began to make my way past the little Army barracks just outside the base. Needing to use the toilet IRL, I placed my character into prone in the undergrowth and out of view, so that I could go answer Nature's Call. Once I returned, I continued crawling along on my belly toward the barracks - when suddenly *bang bang*. I turn around to see a recently spawned player pouring a clip into my back. Luckily it's only a Makarov, so I'm able to live long enough to pull out my own pistol and place a couple of bullets into his grinning head. The moment I do this, however, he immediately disconnects and I'm left to bleed to death...

My final death of the day was a consequence of my complete lack of hostility toward other survivors and my inability to actively differentiate between them. A lot of fellow Boardsies are advocates of the shoot on sight policy, which certainly has it's merits, but I personally try to avoid it as much as possible. So, Whilst looting the store in Electro, I happened to meet a fellow survivor. We both make sure to shout "Friendly" and share the customary dance of "friendliness", which of all things manifests itself in a quick side-to-side sway. After this, I left him to his looting and I continued across the street to an empty Apartment. Looking around, I begin to collect the usual crap - beans, water, endless Makarov Mags - when I suddenly see my friend from the store. I turn to greet him with the dance of my people, when it's returned with a bullet to the face. It turns out that it wasn't the guy from the shop. In fact, the guy from the shop earned a similar fate just moments later.

So, despite all these crappy deaths, I still can't wait to throw myself back into DayZ. It's hard to come by a game that can often inspire such frustration, but continues to be completely and utterly engrossing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Can we do this :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1f8mbnnbYJQ

Another group of people who had their own camp hired (and paid) two Chinese guys to sit there all day guarding the camp :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Can we do this :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1f8mbnnbYJQ

Another group of people who had their own camp hired (and paid) two Chinese guys to sit there all day guarding the camp :P

Speak Chinese ?

• Advertisement

Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Speak Chinese ?

Of course not, I read the description ;)

Just finished an hour long trip, took the bicycle from the camp site and headed up to Vybor, raided the school and the grocery store, didn't get much other than an m1911 and a few mags.
    Then headed up the airbase, went into the barracks, got an M4A1 and got out, nothing else good in there. Also got two MP5SD mags if somebody wants them, and a few hunting knives, those things are everywhere.
    Made it back to the camp then safe and sound, bike is still in the same condition as it was when I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

Found a bike and had a bit of a laugh,
    Stirred up a few Z as well. I forgot about the relentless tracking of their prey, i hid in a forest for a bit , I had to take a piss, and the Missus asked me to take the garbidge out.
    Anyway in the time been I was tracked and killed by the Z

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

My second death was a lot more mundane. Having just searched Balotta Airport, and having managed to find the square root of nothing, I had began to make my way past the little Army barracks just outside the base. Needing to use the toilet IRL, I placed my character into prone in the undergrowth and out of view, so that I could go answer Nature's Call. Once I returned, I continued crawling along on my belly toward the barracks - when suddenly *bang bang*. I turn around to see a recently spawned player pouring a clip into my back. Luckily it's only a Makarov, so I'm able to live long enough to pull out my own pistol and place a couple of bullets into his grinning head. The moment I do this, however, he immediately disconnects and I'm left to bleed to death...

This really grinds my gears, hopefully they implement that code which will have consequences on players who do this. Also some servers ban players who are caught doing this. Not sure if it regularly happens though.

Some of the new changes sound good though, particularly about alot of the zombie fixes like mocaps and noclipping through the walls. Shame about the Gamma though, was a neat trick replacement instead of the NV Goggles.

Has anyone seen increase of vehicle spawns with the new test 1.7.1 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Enable Beta and ARMA CO

Also enable XP compatability mode and set the number of cores you have. Improves performance!

Turning on No Splash also loads the game faster.. :)

Delight that you can now hide form Zombies! Means causing aggro when out of ammo does not mean death !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I think the server time is a bit arseways,it just got dark at around 10am this morning,meaning it wont get bright until late tonight?

Thought it was only 5hours behind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Server time is grand but I need to reboot the whole server to install windows updates as there is a new RDP security patch out. Rebooting at 11:15

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This really grinds my gears, hopefully they implement that code which will have consequences on players who do this. Also some servers ban players who are caught doing this. Not sure if it regularly happens though.

Some of the new changes sound good though, particularly about alot of the zombie fixes like mocaps and noclipping through the walls. Shame about the Gamma though, was a neat trick replacement instead of the NV Goggles.

Has anyone seen increase of vehicle spawns with the new test 1.7.1 version?

I thought that player disconnect issue was already fixed since it saves your status on exit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I thought that player disconnect issue was already fixed since it saves your status on exit?

Theres a 5 minute knock out timer,or 10 minute?
    Definitely a timer upon re-entry to the server but not sure on what can cause it.

Anyhow
    * [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)
    * [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Found 3 tents with some steaks in there.
    So I ate them :)

You ate 3 tents? That's some emergent gameplay right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, last night's NW Airfield escapade could've went better :pac:

Was about to hop into the car outside the control tower when it drove off, leaving me with about 20 zombies chasing me.

There was at least another 3 guys running about with zombies chasing them too and we all got confused. Was quite funny, actually, as there must've been nearly 50 zombies chasing all of us. All I could hear in my head was the Benny Hill tune.

Anyways, nothing could've been done about it without a mic for myself which I'll have sorted for tonight, at last.

Managed to survive the onslaught of zombies by killing them all but I attracted the attention of a sniper who killed me. Last thing I see is about 30 zombies running towards him :pac:

Oh well, stiff upper lip and all that. Can't wait for this new patch to fix the zombie's detection, sneaking about is pretty much useless as we kept startling them no matter how silent and slowly we moved about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Well, last night's NW Airfield escapade could've went better :pac:

Was about to hop into the car outside the control tower when it drove off, leaving me with about 20 zombies chasing me.

There was at least another 3 guys running about with zombies chasing them too and we all got confused. Was quite funny, actually, as there must've been nearly 50 zombies chasing all of us. All I could hear in my head was the Benny Hill tune.

Anyways, nothing could've been done about it without a mic for myself which I'll have sorted for tonight, at last.

Managed to survive the onslaught of zombies by killing them all but I attracted the attention of a sniper who killed me. Last thing I see is about 30 zombies running towards him :pac:

Oh well, stiff upper lip and all that. Can't wait for this new patch to fix the zombie's detection, sneaking about is pretty much useless as we kept startling them no matter how silent and slowly we moved about.

How you haven't been killed numerous times by the mumble group really confuses me. Last night about 3 times while I was on we all got paranoid about who you were. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Korvanica wrote: »
    How you haven't been killed numerous times by the mumble group really confuses me. Last night about 3 times while I was on we all got paranoid about who you were. :P

I know, I could hear you alright. Some random guy ran by the camp and you all thought it was me so I just stood there wriggling left and right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MagnificentWaz

Hey, posted here a week or two back with regards to being unbanned. I was told that I'd be taken off the list but I haven't played DayZ since then due to the Leaving Cert, but I just to log in just there I'm still banned. It was dreamer75 who said he could unban me, might it be at all possible to get unbanned at this point?

Hey, posted here a week or two back with regards to being unbanned. I was told that I'd be taken off the list but I haven't played DayZ since then due to the Leaving Cert, but I just to log in just there I'm still banned. It was dreamer75 who said he could unban me, might it be at all possible to get unbanned at this point?

Ingame name?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ingame name?

Leopold Golgotha

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Leopold Golgotha

Unbanned last week, if you are banned now its for a different name or your on the global ban list. Only 5 people left banned and all for debug killing their bans run out soon.

If your on the global ban list, well that sucks and fcuk all we can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Changes for next update:

* [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
    * [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
    * [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
    * [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam
    * [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
    * [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
    * [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls
    * [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more
    * [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
    * [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
    * [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
    * [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

* [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine
    ^^^ these will REALLY improve the gameplay.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Arma 2:CO back at the top of the steam charts again today.

I haven't seen it leave the top except for a few days when Max Payne 3 came out.

Maximilian wrote: »
    Arma 2:CO back at the top of the steam charts again today.

122,000 sales as of 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Crackheadbob

Epic game on boards server last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

122,000 sales as of 2 weeks ago.

seems oddly small considering its near constant top 3 on steam and impulse sales charts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Finally back home got to get online sometime soon to see all the changes

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote: »
    seems oddly small considering its near constant top 3 on steam and impulse sales charts

Unique Players: 212,149

it was 50k around the 1st 2 weeks. So 162 in the last 4 weeks or thereabouts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement