Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'm glad to see it wasn't... someone else :p

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

jaggeh wrote: »
    its a shame the servers had the vehicles reset. you didnt get much use out of them.

Funny that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

RE: Pending Update 1.7.1 Details
    * [NEW] More infected attack animations
    * [NEW] More infected feeding animations
    * [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation
    * [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)
    * [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed
    * [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

TheFairy wrote: »
    Funny that...

it was done gamewide, vehicles are saved to the hive, not the server.

its on the dayz forums. im sure there is loads of butthurts going mad.
    Rocket wrote:
    VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16
    Changelog 2012-06-16:
    All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning.
    * [FIXED] All land and water vehicles will now spawn in a repairable state .
    * [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level, they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.
    * [NEW] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.
    * [NEW] Vehicles are spawned on all new servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

TheFairy wrote: »
    Funny that...

FYI the vehicles were reset on ALL servers by the Dev's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

meshey wrote: »
    Thanks for all the stuff guys, no hard feelings.

You and my shotgun need to have some words..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Heard about this on a podcast this week and then noticed that there was a thread with over 2000 post on here, how the hell did i miss this.

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update
    Notes

READ THESE NOTES: PARTICULARLY - RAY-CASTING DOES NOT WORK INSIDE SOME BUILDINGS SO IT IS DISABLED INSIDE FOR ALL. PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON HIT THROUGH WALLS IN BUILDINGS, BECAUSE RAYTRACING IS DISABLED INSIDE THE BUILDING. IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE, AND IT IS OUTLINED IN THE BUILD NOTES.

- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it. It's pretty easy.

- Server Admins: you need to update dayz_server.pbo. File has been updated.

Current Changelog

UPDATE : 17 JUNE 2012

Community Shout-out this update:
    http://www.armaholic.com
    One of the community websites hosting anything and everything ArmA2. You thought DayZ was good? Well, it is just the top of the iceberg.
    You can download missions, vehicles, addons, even other total conversions. And it's all FREE!
    Run by foxhound who also happens to be a cool guy

Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.7.1
    * dayz_sfx 1.2
    * dayz 1.3
    * dayz_equip 1.3
    * dayz_weapons 1.2
    * dayz_anim 0.2

Developer's Note:
    * Requires ArmA2 Beta.
    * Raytracing doesn't work so well inside some buildings at the moment so interiors will ignore raytracing
    * Infected sprinting animation not included yet
    * On respawn, your flashlight spawns in your BACKPACK. I did this because nothing would have said NOOB more than all the new players running around in the day with torches with no idea what the **** to do.

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
    * [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
    * [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
    * [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam
    * [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
    * [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
    * [FIXED] General Server Script Errors (big thanks to Dwarden for fixing these!)
    * [FIXED] Loot/Infected spawning time delay desync'ing with server
    * [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls
    * [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more
    * [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
    * [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
    * [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
    * [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you
    * [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine
    * [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)
    * [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before
    * [NEW] 30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table
    * [NEW] More infected attack animations
    * [NEW] More infected feeding animations
    * [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation
    * [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)
    * [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed
    * [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)
    * [NEW] Initial version of double-barreled shotgun added (by Artyom)
    * [FIXED] CZ550 spawning far too often in farms
    * [FIXED] Winchester decreased spawnrate (% given to double barrel shotty)
    * [NEW] Recombine shotgun rounds between 2 and 8 rounds
    * [NEW] Recombine 45ACP rounds between M1911 and Revolver rounds
    * [FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)
    * [FIXED] Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)
    * [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meshey

Holy ****, this patch is about to make this mod even more awesome. I can't WAIT for LOS and hidin from zombies. Spawning inside? Awesome. No more hitting through walls? Thank god. Spawning with minimal items? Love it. Tent placement fixed! Hurrah!

Files are out

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

I'll be on a bit later :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

[FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)

Time for a new camp location methinks :)

[NEW] Initial version of double-barreled shotgun added
    [NEW] Recombine shotgun rounds between 2 and 8 rounds
    [NEW] Recombine 45ACP rounds between M1911 and Revolver rounds

Yes please.. especially the first one..

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)

Should be able to make a tent inside from a blanket and some pillows, they need to fix that ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

I like this, people will be more inclined to work together as there is no risk of either killing each other and building trust. On the other hand its easy pickings for any assholes.

Jet Black wrote: »
    I like this, people will be more inclined to work together as there is no risk of either killing each other and building trust. On the other hand its easy pickings for any assholes.

Do weapons ever spawn in the towns near the coast? I guess the deer stands will be the place to go.

me and my new double barrel shall be hunting the shores so..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Exactly my thinking, just been playing the new version and my thoughts so far:

- Zombies spawn WAY too fast in this patch. I mean fast as in my initial character was in NW Airfield. I fired one shot of my winny in the fire station and what ensued was at LEAST 100 zombies killed in three minutes. Yes three minutes, and guess what? There were plenty more. Basically zombies are spawning faster than you can kill them. As soon as you kill a zombie, another zombie will be replaced for that one. I literally couldn't handle all the zombies (had nearly 300 rounds of ammo in everything I had) and killed at least 150-200 by the end until I died

- Loot spawns quickly too. Finding ammo for the crossbow, marakov, double barrel and revolver are cheap as chips. This doesn't necesarily means it helps the first point though

- I like the feature of starting off with **** all. Maybe have at least tinned food and water though. As Jet Black said I think it will make players more inclined to help each other, particularly when starting out as no one will have weps or alot of equipment and with the very increased difficulty with zombies it's something that will be viable for most

- Zombies damage is increased alot. One hit off a zomb is almost a definite for you to start bleeding. You'll need sh!t loads of bandages

- Zombies are not walking through walls or attacking through walls but still walking through closed doors.

- Hiding works, but it's still 50/50 if the zombie will give up or not.

In short: The new patch has implements alot of good ideas. But the huge increased spawn rate of zombies coupled with their new better LOS and damage and the now players starting equipment and slightly nerfed stealth (you can be seen when prone now) will make it frustrating for most. Even with zombies spawning in buildings now it's pretty much going to bring any players life expectancy down alot. Silenced weapons are going to be your best friend

Edit: Also the 100-200 zombies in my first point were at the firestation area alone. When I ran outside having killed them all there were still loads of them in around the barracks etc down the road. Thats where I died

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Every server i join has no sound effects, when i open my inventory im hearing sounds but no other sounds.

- Hiding works, but it's still 50/50 if the zombie will give up or not.

When I'm running from Zeds they're always right behind me. How can you possible hide from them ?

(you can be seen when prone now)

That's a load of crap. I may just stick to playing at night.

News from Rocket (the dayz master)
    The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working, hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.
    Likely be a hotfix, not within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours.

It seems that zombies spawn faster than you can kill them.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    When I'm running from Zeds they're always right behind me. How can you possible hide from them ?

That's a load of crap. I may just stick to playing at night.

to be honest I haven't tried being spotted while prone but when you are prone now the eye meter on the right stays at 1 bar (when before it was none) so I assume zombies can see you now from up close

Hiding, zombie chased me and I ran into a building and closed the door. He stayed outside for a bit and then I left from behind the building and he didn't know I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think we should hold off updating boards server until he fixes the zombie spawn rates

I don't think this will change much. When I've been picked off by bandits at spawn it's been people with DMRs and so Makarov or no Makarov it won't make much difference against them. What it will do, as you said, is prevent new players shooting on-sight. If you get shot at spawn chances are it it's a bandit who is there to do exactly that and not a newbie who was playing the more recent "shoot first; ask questions later" style since the bandit skin was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MongoNet

Villain wrote: »
    I think we should hold off updating boards server until he fixes the zombie spawn rates

Sounds like a good idea

Ponster wrote: »
    I don't think this will change much. When I've been picked off by bandits at spawn it's been people with DMRs and so Makarov or no Makarov it won't make much difference against them. What it will do, as you said, is prevent new players shooting on-sight. If you get shot at spawn chances are it it's a bandit who is there to do exactly that and not a newbie who was playing the more recent "shoot first; ask questions later" style since the bandit skin was removed.

While the humanity function is working in the background of the code, in the new patch the 'face' is gone. so you cant even tell yourself if you are a bandit or survivor type of person. I have a feeling your humanity will reset every time you are killed and your humanity is based on the amount of Murders you have on your current character. And the new heartbeat function will work based on that too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

[NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.
    Oh yippee; a bandits paradise. I wonder have they fixed those crates on the beaches, as otherwise people will most likely use them thinking it's part of the game. But whenever I join, my character is usually hungry and thirsty. WTF happens now? I die before I find some beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Just hit two jackpot kills today killing server hoppers.

Now I have a dilemma...

2x DMR's
    M4a1 CCO
    Mk 28 Mod 0
    SVD Camo
    2x Coyote Backpack
    3x GPS
    2 x Camo Clothing.

Ammo for all of the guns...

Not sure if I like this scoping on SVD Camo. Looks cool tho.
    Out sniped a sniper. He never knew where I shot from either, and I even missed the first 5 shots ROFL

Waiting for friends to come online to the server (not Boards.ie one :P )

Anyone recommend DMR or SVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

SVD.
    The scope is super easy to use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone else having so sounds?
    Only menu sounds working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone else having so sounds?
    Only menu sounds working.

Beta and latest dayz? someone on mumble had same issue and restarting the game worked of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement