Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah I've watched that twice now and I am still laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Just saw it earlier, was in stitches laughing from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you didn't know he is a really well known Starcraft 2 player and streamer. He is always very entertaining. :)

no no no no no no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no no

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So the new Boards irish server is in Germany. Merkel taking over slowly but surely :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

can someone please test the server: Dayz IRE_TEST 1.7.0 Boards.ie and report back?

• Advertisement

Same message as yesterday, server is running an incorrect version.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lovely try again in a minute please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Just bought teh game, what do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Install the mod :pac:

Install the mod :pac:

I'm in this 6 manager thing, clicked the boards server and it's updating. Then what do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Xios wrote: »
    I'm in this 6 manager thing, clicked the boards server and it's updating. Then what do?

Here's the info you need: Install DayZ

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Here's the info you need: Install DayZ

The six updater is already sorting out the mod for him. Just wait til its updated and then launch through six updater. Should work no problem.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

nighttime on server ?

Ponster wrote: »
    nighttime on server ?

I'm **** scared :( dunno what to do, can't see anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Welcome to dayz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

press f, left click to throw a flare. f again to go back to gun.

head for a large town and ask if there is anyone friendly in there.

The server is UTC -5 though. It shouldn't be night should it ?

getting from Start to camp on foot at night and alone isn't my idea of a fun Friday evening :)

Ponster wrote: »
    The server is UTC -5 though. It shouldn't be night should it ?

getting from Start to camp on foot at night and alone isn't my idea of a fun Friday evening :)

The timing system doesn't seem right. None of the in game watches are ever synchronised and it could be night at one point, and after a restart its day, I haven't seen a day to night transition in a while.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135936

new beta

Please get it will be on both servers tonight :) Has an important exploit fix.

Villain/Vti if you get to it 1st can you edit required build on both servers (server.cfg in cfgdayz folder) :)

Sounds like my first few goes. Night is hard to do stuff in, but hard to get shot in. Daytime is the opposite.

Find a road, follow it as best you can, but don't go running down the middle of it. See what gear you can find. Don't get killed.

Or you could try another EU server on normal time, and make your start in the daylight.

Really though, you should have daylight on that server now, so try logging out and logging in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

Hey all,

New to the boards, and the game. I'm loving it so far. But I've got a feeling things are much more fun with people, that won't shoot you in the back... for a can of beans...

I stumbled upon the server you all play on and saw a few clan tags. My question is, where do I sign up? Or apply, if that's the case.

Sounds like my first few goes. Night is hard to do stuff in, but hard to get shot in. Daytime is the opposite.

Find a road, follow it as best you can, but don't go running down the middle of it. See what gear you can find. Don't get killed.

Or you could try another EU server on normal time, and make your start in the daylight.

Really though, you should have daylight on that server now, so try logging out and logging in again.

Is your gear not server specific? also how do you chat to the whole server?

You dont its disabled within the mod now, use / and select direct communicaton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Korvanica wrote: »
    press f, left click to throw a flare. f again to go back to gun.

head for a large town and ask if there is anyone friendly in there.

Did that earlier; 7 people on the entire server, spawned in darkness in a random shack in Cherno. Throw flare to find my bearings, walk out the door and look to my right and must have been the only 2 non-boards players on the server running straight at me followed by 20 zombies.

So I booked it out of there and found a roof to bandage on (ran into some Z's in the dark). Look around and see them on a roof opposite me, both with rifles but they haven't seen me. I'm close. I prone up to the edge of my roof, and go iron-sights to get a bead on them. Then I realise I'm shaking from fear with no f$*$ing painkillers, so I slowly backup. Not today. :(

Your gear is character specific, so it's part of your identity on any server you care to play on.

Tents, and any gear you choose to store in them, are server specific. So are vehicles.

do you guys have a TS server or something, just dunno wtf i'm doing.

do you guys have a TS server or something, just dunno wtf i'm doing.

Someone will come along and invite you to the social group.

Download Mumble if you haven't already got it.

Do you know where on the map you are ?

Right, think i figured out where i am, I'm in Elektrozavodsk in the powerplant. But i gotta bail and be social with the friends, will be on later or tomorrow. Found a winchester 12 gauge, and 2 types of 12 gauge ammo, but can't load the ****ing thing. Also found AK with no ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i cant get onto the server keep getting stuck on loading i guess its because i updated to the newest beta patch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

yeah the latest beta patch is causing a stuck loading screen even on servers updated to it. I just went back to the previous patch..

Has anyone experienced when resuming the game only to be passed out, even though healthy. its a long wait to resume consciousness..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement