Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

cosatron wrote: »
    did you guys think he will enter the draft next year. his some player for a freshman.
    Nobody would want him in the first few rounds, the guy has long hair for crying out loud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Anyone know any bars in Manchester that would be open late this Sunday for the late game? Heading over for the weekend but looks like bars close early on Sunday nights. Thanks
    this was always the toughest weekend of the year to watch live NFL in my college days. Regular season, over by 12.30 was fine, lots of places open for Super Bowl parties, but conference championship weekend usually ended up having people over to a house

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1085243353174822913?s=21

Young lad better clean up his tweets, the media will be coming for him now.
    Presume they've edited this to take out the quotes that he and Clemson have come out to say he never gave?

markc91 wrote: »
    Just on watching nfl abroad gonna be in New York for superbowl weekend. Conveniently planned might I add! Anyway anyone ever been over there for one and if so any reccomendations for places to go for the experience bringing her so some type of sports bar with good food and beer will do.
    Suggest looking into places and see what parties they are holding, some will be ticket only and will be on sale already. Best not to be trawling around Manhattan on the day looking to get into places as it's starting.

markc91 wrote: »
    Just on watching nfl abroad gonna be in New York for superbowl weekend. Conveniently planned might I add! Anyway anyone ever been over there for one and if so any reccomendations for places to go for the experience bringing her so some type of sports bar with good food and beer will do.

Doing the same thing, 4 of us staying in Herald Square in midtown so will probably stick near there. Will probably end up at a bar owned by a local here if it’s as tough to get into a place as kmart6 says.

Plan on getting to Knicks Celtics in Madison Square Garden, was never at a sports fixture there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

Paully D wrote: »

this play was also the turning point of the game as cox also got injured on this play and the saints run game started motoring with cox going in and out of the lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hated that live, the broadcaster showed the play from the spider cam. Side on view would have been much better as initially I couldn’t see where he was stopped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Larry Fitz hit a hole in one today while playing golf, good on him, was witnessed by his partner a certain barrack obama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Scott linehan gone in Dallas
    James Coley the Georgia offensive coordinator is a favorite to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

https://twitter.com/barstoolhubbs/status/1087064521552859136?s=21

Shots at Hue keep coming, Duke Johnson also responded saying not to forget about Haley.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shots at Hue keep coming, Duke Johnson also responded saying not to forget about Haley.
    Players shouldn't be doing that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Players shouldn't be doing that.

No it's a bit pathetic, especially now, but it shows the animosity from the Browns roster (or at least a few of them) towards Hue and Haley, and it was something they probably thrived on.

Achieves nothing except making them look like d1cks! Move on.

Not that I would have watched it but just saw that CBS are having Steve Harvey host the NFL Honours, that will have to turn people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/jsantoliquito/status/1087350126446825472?s=21

Interesting one there about Wentz.

It has since been denied of course, but there’s usually no smoke without fire on these sort of stories, especially something as relatively obscure as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

The Patriots have shown how dressing room disharmony can affect results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Best/Worst job in the NFL (delete as appropriate)

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1087393244785324033

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Bob Sutton out as DC in KC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

OOnegative wrote: »
    No surprise there. Was listening to a few Chiefs podcasts, and they all wanted him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

OOnegative wrote:

That shows they want to win it all. Smart move. Now they just have to get a real good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Good move if they didnt feel he was the guy, especially if it means they dont find themselves looking back in 10+ years with a 35 year old Mahomes wondering what could have been if they actually tried to put a defense on the other side of the ball all those years...

They ranked 31st in yards allowed and 24th in points allowed. He was never making it to next season. Shouldn't be too hard to find an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

live footage of Rex running to Kansas as we speak!!
    Jtab.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just a comment on the story about Carson wentz and the eagles. I'm sure some that is true and he's a different personality to nick foles(you don't have to be a football genius to see that) and the offence did run much differently and more successfully under foles. There were a few times during this past season before he got injured where Carson wentz made so very strange in game decisions which I'm still not sure why he did it. There was one that sticks out and it was throwing to Alshon Jeffrey in double coverage in the end zone when I think Smallwood the RB was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Billy86 wrote: »
    Good move if they didnt feel he was the guy, especially if it means they dont find themselves looking back in 10+ years with a 35 year old Mahomes wondering what could have been if they actually tried to put a defense on the other side of the ball all those years...

I feel like this post isn't really about the Chiefs, but I can't quite put my finger on why!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just a comment on the story about Carson wentz and the eagles. I'm sure some that is true and he's a different personality to nick foles(you don't have to be a football genius to see that) and the offence did run much differently and more successfully under foles. There were a few times during this past season before he got injured where Carson wentz made so very strange in game decisions which I'm still not sure why he did it. There was one that sticks out and it was throwing to Alshon Jeffrey in double coverage in the end zone when I think Smallwood the RB was open.

Panthers game when we blew the 17 point lead, I'd say he came back too early this season and relied on ertz too much as he knew he could release the ball quick, I'm gonna assume a good off season of recovery for his back and he will be back 100%, it's good to see the team rally behind him and call out the journalist hell even players not with the team say it's bs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I feel like this post isn't really about the Chiefs, but I can't quite put my finger on why!
    :P It's the usual excuse.

Advertisement