Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Yesterday, 14:11   #4546
B00MSTICK
Registered User
 
B00MSTICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,886
Hi all,

I called my GP regarding vaccine scheduling etc. and apparently I missed the "booking" deadline for cohort 7. I know they haven't completed giving the vaccine to all of cohort 7 yet but they seem to be saying I'll need to wait for the HSE age based cohort now. I feel like the receptionist was just fobbing me off with a "computer says no" type response.

Did anyone else need to book their vaccine appointment or were they just automatically put on a list (which I assumed seeing as the GP knows I am a diabetic!)
I called the Diabetes day centre and they said I was on a list but it doesn't seem like anything is joined up...
B00MSTICK is offline  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 19:40   #4547
Taeholic
Registered User
 
Taeholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00MSTICK View Post
Hi all,

Did anyone else need to book their vaccine appointment or were they just automatically put on a list (which I assumed seeing as the GP knows I am a diabetic!)
I called the Diabetes day centre and they said I was on a list but it doesn't seem like anything is joined up...
Thats the first I've heard of a booking deadline for any Cohort. I was part of Cohort 4 and contacted through my diabetes clinic. Maybe call your GP? They might be able to schedule you for a vaccine. I was also offered a vaccine appointment from my GP too. There seems to be lots of wires crossed. Hope this helps
Taeholic is offline  
Yesterday, 20:30   #4548
calfmuscle
Registered User
 
calfmuscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 702
I'm confused about prioritisation , are all diabetics prioritised or just type 1? I don't know which type people are talking about on thread, it might be helpful if people differentiated type 1, 2, insipidus or gestational.
calfmuscle is offline  
Yesterday, 20:48   #4549
ohnonotgmail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by calfmuscle View Post
I'm confused about prioritisation , are all diabetics prioritised or just type 1? I don't know which type people are talking about on thread, it might be helpful if people differentiated type 1, 2, insipidus or gestational.
I had my first dose of the AZ vaccine about 4 weeks ago and I'm type 2, well controlled, and not an OAP. I'm based in dublin and I think location might have a part to play in when you are called as I dont meet any of the high priority criteria.
ohnonotgmail is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 22:42   #4550
Taeholic
Registered User
 
Taeholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by calfmuscle View Post
I'm confused about prioritisation , are all diabetics prioritised or just type 1? I don't know which type people are talking about on thread, it might be helpful if people differentiated type 1, 2, insipidus or gestational.

To my knowledge, the priority for diabetics receiving the vaccine is based on your last HBA1C result regardless of what type of diabetes you have. Your diabetes clinic puts your name forward based on your most recent blood tests. Open to corrections on that but that's my understanding.
Taeholic is offline  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 23:21   #4551
ohnonotgmail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeholic View Post
To my knowledge, the priority for diabetics receiving the vaccine is based on your last HBA1C result regardless of what type of diabetes you have. Your diabetes clinic puts your name forward based on your most recent blood tests. Open to corrections on that but that's my understanding.
my last hba1c was 51 which i believe means it is controlled yet I was called quite early. I still location played a part.
ohnonotgmail is online now  
Yesterday, 23:40   #4552
banie01
Registered User
 
banie01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,511
The Hba1c criteria was anything greater than 59 iirc.
That said, I had my 1st AZ dose in late March and my Hba1c was 45.

I think that every one of the consultant led clinics forwarded all their patients to the HSE, at least in Limerick.
I was also offered a Vax by my GP as part of their cohort 4 rollout in mid April.
banie01 is offline  
Today, 07:14   #4553
Meauldsegosha
Registered User
 
Meauldsegosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,326
I had my clinic appointment yesterday and the consultant told me they put everyone on the list regardless of type or Hba1c. I told him I was surprised to get called because my Hba1c is good and he saidcit said it was an administrative decision not a clinical one to put the number at 58 and it made no sense.
Meauldsegosha is offline  
Today, 07:55   #4554
iamwhoiam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 13,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meauldsegosha View Post
I had my clinic appointment yesterday and the consultant told me they put everyone on the list regardless of type or Hba1c. I told him I was surprised to get called because my Hba1c is good and he saidcit said it was an administrative decision not a clinical one to put the number at 58 and it made no sense.
A family member asked about the lists in Tallaght and was told it was based on the HbA1c and hers was under the 58 so not in cohort 4 .Now this was a few weeks ago so possibly changed now .She has heard nothing at all yet? Could it be possible they are sorting by age too ? She is 30+?

Last edited by iamwhoiam; Today at 07:59.
iamwhoiam is online now  
Advertisement
Today, 08:23   #4555
Taeholic
Registered User
 
Taeholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
my last hba1c was 51 which i believe means it is controlled yet I was called quite early. I still location played a part.
That's what I gathered from the HSE website when they first launched the rollout and cohorts but the reality seems to be quite different. Location is quite possibly a factor too.
Taeholic is offline  
Today, 09:59   #4556
Meauldsegosha
Registered User
 
Meauldsegosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhoiam View Post
A family member asked about the lists in Tallaght and was told it was based on the HbA1c and hers was under the 58 so not in cohort 4 .Now this was a few weeks ago so possibly changed now .She has heard nothing at all yet? Could it be possible they are sorting by age too ? She is 30+?
I'm with Beaumont so different hospitals may differ in their approach. The lack of consistency is causing confusion and frustration for people. When I got my jab it was a mixture of all ages attending.

Last edited by Meauldsegosha; Today at 10:05.
Meauldsegosha is offline  
Thanks from:
Today, 10:02   #4557
ohnonotgmail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meauldsegosha View Post
I'm with Beaumont so different hospitals may differ in their approach. The lack of consistency is causing confusion and frustration for people. When u got my jab it was a mixture of all ages attending.
i'm with beaumont as well and well under 58 and I got mine early. to be honest the cutoff point of 58 was completely arbitrary so Beaumont seem to have ignored it.
ohnonotgmail is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Today, 11:21   #4558
Wanton
Registered User
 
Wanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 577
I got my text from the Mater last night asking me if I wanted to be put forward.

Already had my first Pfizer jab via my GP, but looks like they may be starting to move through the list there. My hba1c is below the "threshold", so yeah, who know how its been worked out.
Wanton is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet