Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options
  • 02-03-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

I thought this would be a good idea for a new thread, possibly sticky (seeing as the only sticky to have been updated in the last three years is the bargain alerts thread.

The thread should only be about the purchase of new sets/minifigures or anything LEGO related, pictures of before/during/after the build should be put in separate threads or possibly a building thread could be created.

I'll start off with my latest two purchases

1. 7965 - Millennium Falcon
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7965-1
    7965-1.jpg
    I got it from Amazon.co.uk for €118 delivered.

2. 8109 - Flatbed Truck
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8109-1
    8109-1.jpg
    I've been waiting a while fro this, Picked it up from the Art & Hobby store, I was waiting on the Douglas store to send it up to Dublin (something they apparently don't do too often) however seeing as i got it for RRP (€89.99) I didn't mind the wait.

So come on lads, show off your latest purchases.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I guess we can still comment on purchases? :D

8109 is a fantastic set. So far it's my favourite set. I just loved building and I just love it in flesh. It just looks so... "Full" . It does not have that empty space syndrome as most technic sets have ( was more comman before with studded models, though 8070 is a great example of this ).

Dunno about millennium falcon, but that is a very good price bud. Good collection item. I would not mind owning it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My purchases have been fairly modest lately, don't have too much of a discretionary budget at the moment. Some of them have been trades actually:

1) Collectable Minifigures: After some trades I've picked up the last 5 minifigs I needed from Series 8 - the first series to disappear from stores before I was finished getting them. I've also made good progress with Series 9, and only have four left to get.

2) Did a trade with p_o_s_t_y to get the Chrome Stormtrooper, something that has been on my want list for an eternity.

3) I was picking a few minifigures up as a birthday present for my brother on Bricklink, so while I was at it I threw the new Mr. Freeze into the order for myself. He's the only thing about that set I'm interested in, so I'm happy to save the cash.

4) 79000 Riddles for the Ring: After a successful week in work I said to hell with it, I'm going to get something a little more substantial :) I picked this up yesterday, haven't built it yet. I now have the only two Hobbit sets I'm really interested in (the other being the superb 79003), now I can concentrate on picking up the rest of the company of Dwarves individually.

It's my birthday next month, so I look forward to updating this thread then :D

My purchases have been fairly modest lately, don't have too much of a discretionary budget at the moment. Some of them have been trades actually:

1) Collectable Minifigures: After some trades I've picked up the last 5 minifigs I needed from Series 8 - the first series to disappear from stores before I was finished getting them. I've also made good progress with Series 9, and only have four left to get.

2) Did a trade with p_o_s_t_y to get the Chrome Stormtrooper, something that has been on my want list for an eternity.

3) I was picking a few minifigures up as a birthday present for my brother on Bricklink, so while I was at it I threw the new Mr. Freeze into the order for myself. He's the only thing about that set I'm interested in, so I'm happy to save the cash.

4) 79000 Riddles for the Ring: After a successful week in work I said to hell with it, I'm going to get something a little more substantial :) I picked this up yesterday, haven't built it yet. I now have the only two Hobbit sets I'm really interested in (the other being the superb 79003), now I can concentrate on picking up the rest of the company of Dwarves individually.

It's my birthday next month, so I look forward to updating this thread then :D

My birthday is on 21st of this motnh. I have already in talks with misses! :D So far i am striking a deal on fixed budget, which i can spend on anything i want. We all know what this "anything" will be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

And don't forget to buy yourself something Shadow (not like you haven't bought enough lately).

I've agreed with my wife that she'll get me 10225 http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10225-1 for my birthday, in May, I could be buying it soon with the prices on amazon. I'll get myself something offer my wish list too as a present to myself, just not sure what yet, maybe a second hand 8265. And there may be a something small bought before then if the finances allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Death Star :)

• Advertisement

Couldn't resist this,

9500 - Sith Fury Class Interceptor
    worked out at €51 after using £4 of promotional credit
    9500-1.jpg

Now I must resist the Malevolence for €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I just ordered the VW Camper... first lego I've got in years. Free shipping from lego store with coupon.

Should arrive today....!

3DataModem wrote: »
    I just ordered the VW Camper... first lego I've got in years. Free shipping from lego store with coupon.

Should arrive today....!

Where did you got coupon?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

Sith Fury interceptor is very nice, annoyed I missed the e55 deal on that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Passing by Smyth's this evening I got this small city set - 60000 Fire Motorbike and bin on fire.:) It comes with 7 spare pieces!

lego-60000-fire-motorcycle-ibrickcity-4.jpg

Also got 2 Series 9 Minifigs - Starlet (cool little lego oscar:cool:) and Rollerskate girl.

• Advertisement

I just hate this.

I had to go to town to get flowers for misses shadowhearth today. Don't forget fellas its march 8, international woman's day. Your other half will love it. Even if it is not so popular in Ireland ( which is very weird).
    So as I was in local town I decided to get myself a very small lego set, just to mess around with it. Maybe a small town set or a creator kit. Local shop prices are maybe 2-3eu extra on small sets, but I did not mind that.
    The horrible thing is I came back empty handed :(. There were only city trucks for 24eu and a few creator sets. There were even no highway speedster :(. I really wish my local town would bot suck and Ireland would start bringing in polibags!

I just hate this.

I had to go to town to get flowers for misses shadowhearth today. Don't forget fellas its march 8, international woman's day. Your other half will love it. Even if it is not so popular in Ireland ( which is very weird).
    So as I was in local town I decided to get myself a very small lego set, just to mess around with it. Maybe a small town set or a creator kit. Local shop prices are maybe 2-3eu extra on small sets, but I did not mind that.
    The horrible thing is I came back empty handed :(. There were only city trucks for 24eu and a few creator sets. There were even no highway speedster :(. I really wish my local town would bot suck and Ireland would start bringing in polibags!

Agreed.

I also wish that the Lego city range would also do more than just emergency services and mining - where are the shops, apartments, houses, post offices etc that the Lego town range had back in the 80s?:(:confused:

Well placed order on my birthday present. :o I did not spent all budget as i kept the rest for lotr 2013 line and the TOWER!

So here it goes, just a few sets:

9472 I want to get this one out of the way. 45eu on amazon looks like okay price too!
    brickpicker_set_9472-1_5.jpg

9469 I need Gendolf! :D
    13959463_120704050000.jpg

60007 Really like this set. Though it is purely for my Mocs now.

LEGO-City-60007-Pre.jpg

2x31006 I really love this one and these parts are the stuff i want to mess around. So i got two! :p

31006?$main$

Not too big of a Present, i know. Though I am getting ready for very expensive June!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Lego-Series-5-Zurich-gets.jpg

Picked these up yesterday while travelling. They're from series 6.
    While I was looking at the packets there was a guy beside me with his girlfriend and they were feeling up packets of series 7 trying to get a full set. One of them mentioned that they needed only 1 more to complete their Series 5 which happened to be the lady in pink. I didn't open mine until I got home which is a shame as I would have traded it there and there to help them complete their set.

I really wanted the Sleepyhead figure, guess I'll have to buy more...

picDE1B1234D50792D938154BE81FB3BBAC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Bit of a lego star wars fan picked this little fella up last week pretty nice!

My lego arrived! Happy camper! :P

Last night picked up these too. Should be here tomorrow too!

http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-lord-of-the-rings-monster-fighters-promo-sets-bnip/2810558

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Lego-Series-5-Zurich-gets.jpg

Picked these up yesterday while travelling. They're from series 6.
    While I was looking at the packets there was a guy beside me with his girlfriend and they were feeling up packets of series 7 trying to get a full set. One of them mentioned that they needed only 1 more to complete their Series 5 which happened to be the lady in pink. I didn't open mine until I got home which is a shame as I would have traded it there and there to help them complete their set.

I really wanted the Sleepyhead figure, guess I'll have to buy more...

picDE1B1234D50792D938154BE81FB3BBAC.jpg

Hey James! Where'd you pick up series 6 figs out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Hey James! Where'd you pick up series 6 figs out of interest?

Zurich:)

I was travelling with work last week and had an afternoon to wander by myself. I should have bought more...

Bought the Lego Technic small bulldozer 42004 for €16.99 in Rome last week. Great set. :)

lego_technic_mini_schoplader_42004__2.png

Rome has a shop entirely devoted to Lego.:D

I wouldn't mind picking up a mini backhoe myself, however I'm holding off buying anything else until I save a bit of cash. each month I seem to be just paying for the bits i bought the previous month :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

some what of an impulse buy, like the look of both sets, particularly the Bank, both are EOL, so thought now is the time to buy them if i like them

Lego City 3661 Bank and Money Transfer
    LEGO City: Robber's Hideout Set 4438

lostboy75 wrote: »
    some what of an impulse buy, like the look of both sets, particularly the Bank, both are EOL, so thought now is the time to buy them if i like them

Lego City 3661 Bank and Money Transfer
    LEGO City: Robber's Hideout Set 4438

for how much and where you got these?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Went back to the Westfield Shopping Centre before my flight last night. I really wanted the Grand Emporium but I wasn't sure I'd be able to bring it on with my hand luggage. After much, much deliberation I decided to risk it - and got it home no problem :D

£133 - £50 VIP = £83 (€97)

If I had bought it online later in the month like I was thinking of, it would have been:

€160 + €11.95 - €50 = €121.95

Not too shabby!

Hard day at work today. Hard week at work. So today after work i droped in to local store and picked up 60017 as a little reward. :p Will give it a go tomorrow on day off, today i am just too tired.

60017-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

ShadowHeath,

did not get them for that good of a price, more or less RRP, got them on the smiths website. Toy.ie
    really wanted the bank, think its amazing looking from the pics, and couldnt find it in many places for decent prices, though did not try brick link (as i mentioned it was kinda of impulsive, saw it and though, hell i am getting it. it was just shy of the 50, added the other, hide out, to bring it over the 50 for free postage! lol, was an expensive way to save 6 euro.

I do like that truck, the 60017, but would chose 4434 the Tipper Truck over it currently, as its new out

Latest purchase courtesy of Smyths 20% off offer.

10188-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

How could I not buy it at such a good price.

Now to resist the Tie Fighter 9492 on amazon for ~€35

Fair play to you m8! If i would have 280eu to put down i would get that too! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Just sold my lads Lightning McQueen collectors sets that have been gathering dust in the cupboard the last two years, along with my beloved M4 Airsoft gun as I don't shoot anymore. Result.......

Death Star for the lad @ €272
    and Friends riding stables for the gal for €64 !!! Both online from Smyths.
    Total saving of €120 over prices advertised two week ago!
    Happy Easter kids!

Getting a hiding from the wife over it though........ Tough ha!

Got the Lego city 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter set. Reduced from €21.99 to €16.49 in Smyths.

I was hesitant at first, dithering whether to buy this or the Cement mixer but now I'm pretty glad to have got it. Lovely set!:)

4433-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice one. I would love to go for that smyths deal, but I got myself 3ds XL with monster hunter 3 yesterday. So spent a lot of money.

I did though needed to get circle pad pro from amazon. To bump it up to 25£ I ordered "riddles of the ring" hobbit set.

I think no lego shopping forms for the next few weeks, but misses is going to Austria and her sister got 100eu to spent on lego for me as birthday present and misses promised to get me something too! :)

Advertisement