Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

syklops wrote: »
    Thats a great reduction. Mandalore is the planet which Bobba Fett and Jango fett are from.

Who the feck are those guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Who the feck are those guys?

You've not seen Star Wars have you?

syklops wrote: »
    You've not seen Star Wars have you?

Aye, I did. Just those names dont ring any bells. I am not a SW geek though, i would not know everything. :p

Aye, I did. Just those names dont ring any bells. I am not a SW geek though, i would not know everything. :p

Boba Fett:
    boba_fett_8.jpg

Jango Fett:
    review_medijango_3.jpg

Both were Bounty Hunters, and Jango Fett was the original Clone Trooper. The clone army was created using him as the blueprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

did not know that either. only ever seen the originals, then the first of the remakes, but was ages ago.

• Advertisement

Updated the picture with Jango Fett. If you notice, his outfit is blue which is why the Mandelorian battle troops are in blue as opposed to white if they were Imperial Troops.

right a little update on a purchase, randam box of lego rubble. so very disapointed in it.
    well thats not true, got it for a good price, and it contains some really good pieces.
    so why disapointed. the parts i did not know were in there.

minifigs
    took a while to find out some of these, not a SW fan

rebel scout trooper. without his visor, but with a crome light saber handle - not bad.

piece - 44757 - Gamorrean Guard head. only. ok interesting. and fairly rare?

series 1
    circus clown! score, damn almost, missing his hands, hair and horn (quite down the back)
    Series 2 TRaffic cop, missing all extras and head
    series 3
    gorilla mask only.
    elf, fig only, missing all extras
    tribal chief, missing all extras
    samurai warrior, missing all extras and head.
    Series 4
    surfers girls hair only?
    Series 5
    Gladiators helmet only.

few other misc parts etc. heads from 2 exo-fource guys, one of the aliens from toy story, missing a hand again (what did this person do with them?) Draco Malfoy with 2 different colour hands, i think the wrong head.

counting the actual non minifigs, really happy with purchase. seeing as i did not know there were minifigs in the sale, really happy, but could i not make even one full fig! lol
    anyway, just thought i would post my almost story.

lostboy75 wrote: »
    did not know that either. only ever seen the originals, then the first of the remakes, but was ages ago.

If you get a chance, watch the 3rd remake. Its much darker than the first.

I really do have to sit down and watch them all. wahts worse about knowing very little about them is, its actually a genre that i really like. sci-fi, fantasy, top of the list on books i buy and read. and much the same with films. dont know why i dont get around to watching them. is it just because they are so popular. either way think it says more about me, than the films, and not necessarly in a good way! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Picked this fella up yesterday, good fun with the little 'un last night putting the Bat together, going to finish the Tumbler tonight.

The-Bat-Vs-Bane-Tumbler-Chase.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 pokethebear

LEGO City 4204 The Mine on Amazon .co.uk for £41.29 delivered, not a bad deal.

Just bought this on amazon. Its 33eu with free shiping again. I havent bought lego in ages, but this one is discontinued set and I need to grab it while I still can. When this arrives I got the whole Lotr "series one" completed.

LEGO-2012-The-Lord-Of-the-Rings-The-Orc-Forge-9476.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

^ Thank you for the heads up. I was cursing myself for missing Argos' discount on that set, it was around €33 as well. I actually hadn't planned on getting it originally, but with the release of Orthanc (which I think I definitely will get at some stage) this is a great accompaniment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

My Minecraft 1 set arrived, the box is tiny. Just waiting on my 41999 to be shipped, not sure when its going to be shipped as the date in the store keeps changing.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

^ Thank you for the heads up. I was cursing myself for missing Argos' discount on that set, it was around €33 as well. I actually hadn't planned on getting it originally, but with the release of Orthanc (which I think I definitely will get at some stage) this is a great accompaniment.

Aye bud, I was cursing myself too, when I heard it was discontinued. The only place to get it was amazon from third party sellers with stupid shipping costs. I was really glad, when I sow it for that price and free shiping.

I love that tower set, I want it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly, but no way I can afford it now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Aye bud, I was cursing myself too, when I heard it was discontinued. The only place to get it was amazon from third party sellers with stupid shipping costs. I was really glad, when I sow it for that price and free shiping.

I love that tower set, I want it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly, but no way I can afford it now. :(

I saw it in the flesh when I was in the brand store in Westfield, and it's so impressive. But hey, it's going to be around for the next 2-3 years I reckon so plenty of time for circumstances to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

9498c.jpg

Really swooshable little ship, extremely solid build. The 2 Jedi are really cool, and it has a green R2-unit.

Smyths have it for less than RRP @ 30 quid.

Next I'm saving up for the new 75021 Republic Gunship -- it seems to have fixed all the problems I had with the 2nd model (chiefly that it falls apart if you sneeze at it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

I dip in an out of Lego every few years, usually to buy the large Technic sets, have a good few right back to 853 car chassis. Today I went a bit mad and bought three small sets. Technic 42004 small backhoe. The Hobbit 79000 and Star Wars 9675 oh and a couple of mini figures!

Picked up 9476, "The Orc Forge" €32 in Argos Dun Laoire today and also 79001 "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" €15. And from Dundrum "Gandalf™ Arrives" €9.

That's it I have to be good for a while now...

Started a bit of a Backhoe collection to go with the Backhoe Grader I bought a few months back, I've now added these two

8069-1.jpg

and
    42004-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Picked up 42007 in the argos sale. Really nice model. Always love the size of this type of set with technic, they're still really substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got these in the last week ...Yeah Lego is taking a hold of me now :/

LEGO-City-60019-Stunt-Plane-1024x604.jpg

mlpSTKDH8bhQqhtCqd0SZkg.jpg

75000 Clone Troopers battle pack.

More justifiable @€;12 in Argos, instead of €16-17 RRP

Only 2 mini figs though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bought the new Lego Creator Family House set 31012 from lego.com for €59.99 - it's a beaut - easily Lego's best ever house.
    A light brick lights up the interior. :)

lego-31012-family-house-creator-9.jpg

Also got a free hot dog cart set thrown in as a free gift! Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

That house looks great, was looking at it in Smyths and it was €75, but the price on Lego's own website seems reasonable enough.

Smyths have the new Mindstorms set on their webpage now - http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Mindstorms-EV3-31313-!128040-prd.aspx

128040_M.jpg

€365!

Picked up some series 7 minifigures in Smyths Carrigmines today, they said on-line they had Series 9 in stock, but they didn't but the did have a few Series 7 left. They were setting up a new stand for Series 11, but had not received the stock yet. I also got he Hobbit 79002 reduced from 69.99 to 49.99.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6mLuxmrT6DQ/UIYkWKrN4RI/AAAAAAAAC44/vuiIp3N5C_c/s320/79002a.jpg

I'm thinking of army building, just not sure which armies to build!

Considering Alien Defence Unit, Exploriens, and Series 9 space marines.
    Maybe a few more Clone troopers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Couldn't resist pulling the trigger on 42008 as my next project after 42009! The way I've sold it to myself is I'll make 42009 and then sell it, hopefully near enough to purchase price! I'd normally keep all Lego I buy, but this way I can justify getting another big set so soon after the last one! :pac:

Anyone looking to buy a nearly-new crane!?!?

The problem with Lego is it doesn't regain it's value until the model goes out of production. As an example, the 42009 has already been on Amazon for €154.

Just be sure to keep your box and instructions.

That said I'll give you €120 for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

The problem with Lego is it doesn't regain it's value until the model goes out of production. As an example, the 42008 has already been on Amazon for €154.

Just be sure to keep your box and instructions.

That said I'll give you €120 for it :)

huh!? 42008 is only € 99.99 new, so that's over a 50% increase!?

Advertisement