Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

unklerosco wrote: »
    I'll prob get banned for this but ironically I spend so much time running workshops with lego that I rarely build it outside of work. Christmas is the only time I really build at home..

Well m8, I cook for living and I hate cooking at home. :) I would not be surprised if you are surrounded by Lego at work and just wanting something different at home.

I would love to have somesort of job which would involved Lego. Though I dont know if I would enjoy to be Bricklink reseller... Having my own brick and mortar lego would be fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If you want to ruin something you love do it for a living.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I would not be surprised if you are surrounded by Lego at work

We've over 500,000 lego's and counting so I'm fairly surrounded :P

If you want to ruin something you love do it for a living.

I wouldn't say that, I do have a pretty awesome job and I never thought as a child I'd ever get to visit the LEGO offices, tour the factories, meet the family... It sure as hell beats every other job I've ever done!! In saying that there are times when the last thing I wanna see is a lego brick.. they're usually the days when I've to sort out all the boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2vtx.jpg

No sign of any 50% discounts here

.......just the 25% it is.

Thats my Christmas day sorted folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Got the large X Wing, the Death Star and the Sopwith Camel.

Also just completed the Shuttle Expedition (10231) that was forgotten under the bed for the last 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Got the large X Wing, the Death Star and the Sopwith Camel.

Also just completed the Shuttle Expedition (10231) that was forgotten under the bed for the last 3 years.

Some pictures would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

That's a nice find, wouldn't mind one of them..

Some pictures would be sweet

I've made the Shuttle and about half the X-Wing, will post some pics tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

3eYBP4bl.jpg

Was in town today and picked up this in Smyths for 29.99eu. Now I miss only one set from Hobbit series one.

79002_box.jpg

Almost bought unimog in Smyths too. I am sort of in between 42008, 42009 or unimog... Not sure what to pick up yet :(.

• Advertisement

I've made the Shuttle and about half the X-Wing, will post some pics tomorrow.

Completed the X-wing and the Sopwith Camel this afternoon.

Almost bought unimog in Smyths too. I am sort of in between 42008, 42009 or unimog... Not sure what to pick up yet :(.

Get the Unimog, it's about to be discontinued and you will have a good 18+ months to get the other two sets at a discount.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Get the Unimog, it's about to be discontinued and you will have a good 18+ months to get the other two sets at a discount.

I got the unimog and so far it's been the best build experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Nearly got the Unimog yesterday in Smyths Blanch, last one. €179 reduced to €159. It was on the top shelf and when they lifted it down the bottom of the box was completely ripped open. No idea whether everything was in there or not so I left it. They seemed annoyed I wouldn't take it after getting the ladder etc. LoL

HorseSea wrote: »
    Nearly got the Unimog yesterday in Smyths Blanch, last one. €179 reduced to €159. It was on the top shelf and when they lifted it down the bottom of the box was completely ripped open. No idea whether everything was in there or not so I left it. They seemed annoyed I wouldn't take it after getting the ladder etc. LoL

It was still 179.99eu in Cork. :( If it was 159.99eu I think I would have bitten the bullet for sure. Just a little saving would make it worth it. I am sort of kicking myself for not buying it yesterday even for full price. :(

I think misses wants to go to Cork this week so I might as her to pick it up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

€159 would prove very expensive if there was a bag missing inside, the rip was the entire length of the box so I bet someone had helped themselves as some stage. Go for it at €179, it's a huge set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Unimog is a fantastic set. Get it, you won't regret it.

Got a present of Mindstorms EV3 for Christmas.:eek: It's incredible, only worry is do I have the imagination to get the most out of it. Some phenomenal ideas online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

HorseSea wrote: »
    Go for it at €179, it's a huge set.
    There is at least 2 in the Smyths in Naas, for anyone who is in the market. (Also means if you buy them there's no risk of me being tempted...:D)

Paddy

Howw much where they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Howw much where they?
    €179 :rolleyes:

They had €20 off the 4x4 crawler and that seemed to be the only discount on technics I could see.

Paddy

• Advertisement

Damn, this year is very poor with sales. does that mean that retailers did good this year?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

On the northside of Dublin there is no technic left after Christmas. I have tried all of the usual lego haunts and all I could find was:
    - Unimog (bought)
    - MkII crane (bought)
    - Server truck (I am contemplating)
    - Hovercraft (have)
    - Monster truck (have)

Nothing else.

I was searching for 42010 - the blue pullback racer. No joy so I placed an order on lego.com where I bought it, the empire state building, 42020 (to make up the free shipping :D ) and some individual bricks that I was short on (red connectors missing from my plane and I bought pieces to make mini figures so my trucks don't look lonely).

I have built the Unimog and I LOVE IT. The hydraulics were a dose to put together because the seals are tight but it's brilliant. It was such fun.

I am saving the mkii crane for a rainy day.

Oh and I helped my little cousin build 42011 - the red pull back racer. We will combine them when my blue one arrives.

For someone who only started Technic in November, I'm addicted.

sullivlo wrote: »
    On the northside of Dublin there is no technic left after Christmas. I have tried all of the usual lego haunts and all I could find was:
    - Unimog (bought)
    - MkII crane (bought)
    - Server truck (I am contemplating)
    - Hovercraft (have)
    - Monster truck (have)

Nothing else.

I was searching for 42010 - the blue pullback racer. No joy so I placed an order on lego.com where I bought it, the empire state building, 42020 (to make up the free shipping :D ) and some individual bricks that I was short on (red connectors missing from my plane and I bought pieces to make mini figures so my trucks don't look lonely).

I have built the Unimog and I LOVE IT. The hydraulics were a dose to put together because the seals are tight but it's brilliant. It was such fun.

I am saving the mkii crane for a rainy day.

Oh and I helped my little cousin build 42011 - the red pull back racer. We will combine them when my blue one arrives.

For someone who only started Technic in November, I'm addicted.

Damn, off the leash! :D When I was in town the picture was the same - all technic sets cleaned out and only Unimog left ( thought it is purely due to high price ). And they say technic is the least sold theme. :rolleyes:

Damn, off the leash! :D When I was in town the picture was the same - all technic sets cleaned out and only Unimog left ( thought it is purely due to high price ). And they say technic is the least sold theme. :rolleyes:
    I was chatting to the woman in the art and hobby shop in Swords and she said technic is their worst seller, even though she only had 2 pieces left and bundles of chima, castle and friends sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

sullivlo wrote: »
    On the northside of Dublin there is no technic left after Christmas.

Same story down this neck of the woods (Cork). I managed to pick up two small sets for my daughter in one of the Dublin Argos stores yesterday when I was up visiting family, but nothing for me. No sign of the bigger sets to be had anywhere.

I'm still happy with her first Technic sets, though, as they were a respectable €14.39 each for the small race car you helped your cousin with (42011) and the off-road racer (42010). She's finally of an age where I can trust her with my LEGO (more my issue than any reflection on her, to be fair :D!) and she's starting to collect her own. She's completed two of the Creator sets - the Small Cottage (31009) and the Construction Hauler (31005) - and is currently working her way through the Family House (31012) so I really wanted to introduce her to Technic next and it was nice to get them with a few euro off :D

pawl.jpg

A birthday present from me to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Enjoy, savour the build. I wish I could be building it again for the first time, it is a masterpiece.

*my bird got me the drinking horn

Enjoy, savour the build. I wish I could be building it again for the first time, it is a masterpiece.

I will do pal, its probably the most I'll ever spend on one piece so I'm gonna take it nice and slow.

I shouldn't be this excited but I cant help it :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

*my bird got me the drinking horn

Deadly, need to get myself one of those.

Advertisement