Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Migworks wrote: »
    Just sold my lads Lightning McQueen collectors sets that have been gathering dust in the cupboard the last two years, along with my beloved M4 Airsoft gun as I don't shoot anymore. Result.......

Death Star for the lad @ €272
    and Friends riding stables for the gal for €64 !!! Both online from Smyths.
    Total saving of €120 over prices advertised two week ago!
    Happy Easter kids!

Getting a hiding from the wife over it though........ Tough ha!

It's arrived........... Lad gave 1st hour just building the minifigs there are so many of them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is it just me or is Star Wars lego a ridiculous price? 55 euro for that Sith Interceptor seems crazy.

My gf gave me 42002 for my birthday. Its the technic Hovercraft. its very nice and when you push it along, it moves the piston and turns the rotor. Its a pity its not a bit bigger so you could add PF functionality to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I have to stop going on Bargain Alerts. Ended up getting the Pet Shop in the Smyth's sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to stop going on Bargain Alerts. Ended up getting the Pet Shop in the Smyth's sale.

I was actually looking in to it myself! :) how much it worked out in the end?

In fairness all big sets with smyths deal are great bargains. When they pulling the plug on this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I was actually looking in to it myself! :) how much it worked out in the end?

In fairness all big sets with smyths deal are great bargains. When they pulling the plug on this offer?

120 with free shipping. I was kind of hoping that the offer had ended when I went to order on Tuesday, so that I wouldn't buy, but it was still going and it was too good to pass up.

I went on a Lego binge late last year and decided that I'd limit* myself to two sets a year; a modular and the large technic set. I've got the modular but I really want the F1 car now as well as the crane or recovery truck. I'd be dangerous if I were rich.

*How Kraangs lab escape came into my possession is a mystery and one that I choose to ignore. Also, minifigs don't count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Bought a bulk load of Technic off adverts yesterday

8275-1.jpg

8288-1.jpg

8292-1.jpg

8862-1.jpg

8547-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Mindstorms, how much did that set you back?

Theres one on adverts at the moment for 200 euro. Maybe its that one?

syklops wrote: »
    Theres one on adverts at the moment for 200 euro. Maybe its that one?

I bought it all as a bulk lot, it was 500 for the lot, and there was an 8285 in there also, which I'm flipping as I have one already.

I bought it all as a bulk lot, it was 500 for the lot, and there was an 8285 in there also, which I'm flipping as I have one already.

How much do you want for the 8285?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

syklops wrote: »
    How much do you want for the 8285?

Haha I was thinking the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Always wanted that 8862 backhoe as a kid. Nicely done.

Lurching wrote: »
    Always wanted that 8862 backhoe as a kid. Nicely done.

It was one I stared at hours for aswell. Having been a critic of studless technic in the beginning, im not sure, if I want to mix my bricks now. Studlesss, does make the sets look sleeker, though IMO it has made building slightly harder. I find some things not as symetric as before, and it requires more custom pieces. Anyway, thats OT.

Yeah the backhoe is a nice kit, I broke it down last night to check on the condition, there are a few pieces I'll need to replace with a few parts seized together, luckily nothing important, all the hydraulics are in perfect working order. Once i get a chance to clean up the parts I'll rebuild it.

With regards to the studded/studless bricks I was never a big fan of the studded, but I really like the way the backhoe looks with them. I think I'll try and get 8069 to go along side 8862.

The-ging I'm looking for €150 for 8285, it's on adverts if your interested. I'll be cleaning it up over the next few days and will put some pictures up of the actual kit once done.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Damn that Smyths 20% off offer :D

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=8110-1

Is the 20% easter20 code still valid?

Is the 20% easter20 code still valid?

until tomorrow apparently.

The Smyths code is still working, to the detriment of my credit card, although i did sell my second 8285 to fund my latest purchases.

9398-1.jpg

9496-1.jpg
    I bought the skiff for the mini figures more than anything worked out at a little over €17 with the 20% off the already reduced price. Hopefully I won't be updating this thread for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

nearly certain i am going to buy this tomorrow
    Smiths
    LEGO City Passenger Train 7938 was €119.99 now €82.99
    whats peoples view on this set? €37 off, think you get a decent train for that price? do i want a train though is what gets me, i bought a second hand 7937: Train Station, came without taxi and minifigs which was fine for me for the price, the cross over is very similar to the one in my hometown and that convinced me to buy it. now have the station, no train or track...... so logic says buy a train. like the cargo train, but the extra expense?

what do you guys think?

lostboy75 wrote: »
    nearly certain i am going to buy this tomorrow
    Smiths
    LEGO City Passenger Train 7938 was €119.99 now €82.99
    whats peoples view on this set? €37 off, think you get a decent train for that price? do i want a train though is what gets me, i bought a second hand 7937: Train Station, came without taxi and minifigs which was fine for me for the price, the cross over is very similar to the one in my hometown and that convinced me to buy it. now have the station, no train or track...... so logic says buy a train. like the cargo train, but the extra expense?

what do you guys think?

That would be a good topic m8. I almost jumped train wagon myself recently. I sort of like trains and some sets are really cool. Almost bough same train as you mentioning of amazon for 80eu too. Then I snaped out of it. I like technic to build, City and creator to build mocs and Lotr to collect. So Trains are not technic, I cant moc trains for life and it is not something to collect. Plus I wont be able to have it for display due to how much space trains take. So buying expensive train to build once and then take it apart and leave in the box? Nah..... Plus its not such train which would go up in price like Emerald night. So I decided to stay away from trains.
    I hope it helps to make your own decision ;).

• Advertisement

have had to hold off the purchase for a bit. but one of the main reasons i was thinking of getting it, was the motor, IR reciever, remote etc. that plus all the parts i though made sense to get this set for the price. given my choice i would buy the 10233 horizon express, as it looks closer to the old irish trains, well the colour scheme anyway. that set is about 90, without motor etc. dont know, unlikely to get it over the weekend, but may.

Two more purchases

worked out at about €45 on amazon.co.uk
    42006-1.jpg

And I got this in Arts and Hobby for €35
    8068-1.jpg

was it anyone here that bought that big puile of lego on Ebay last night? looked quite interesting. but could not bring myself to put a high bid in. I may regret it this morning though, replace "may" with "i do".

Have you the link to the ebay add?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Treated myself to the mini-technic tow truck set today.:)

25139506_524781_10151556240545798_607654584_n.jpg

Have you the link to the ebay add?

i would have on my ebay account, cant access it at work though. will post it this evening if i get a chance.

here you go

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/190831479334?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

7914 - Mandelorian battle pack - reduced from 13.99 to 4.99. in Smiths, i dont even know who the Mandelorians are.... and dont even get me started on tracker mortgages.

7914 - Mandelorian battle pack - reduced from 13.99 to 4.99. in Smiths, i dont even know who the Mandelorians are.... and dont even get me started on tracker mortgages.

Thats a great reduction. Mandalore is the planet which Bobba Fett and Jango fett are from.

Which smyths?

• Advertisement

it was in the "original" smiths in Claremorris. my home place.
    there was only the one there. otherwise i would probable have gotten all they had. i always check the clearance bin. but its only the second time i have ever seen lego in it. last time was the small planet sets, the series one death star one with the little tie fighter. got a couple of those, if anyone is interested in one

Advertisement