Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

was about to ask the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I build whichever model I like least (A or B) first, then take it apart and build the other model which I display for a while, however space is an issue at the moment so I breakdown some sets and store them away to display newer sets. I've only space to display about 6-7 models, three of which I keep constantly build so I rotate my other 3-4 depending on the size of the models.

When I get more space (i.e. move) I'll hope to have a wall with shelves to display all of my sets, I've about 30 Technic sets so will need a fair bit of space to put them all up.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got this today for free from the lads in Gamestop today. They know I love Lego! :D. Fair play to them!

IronPatriot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Nice! Which branch?

Nice! Which branch?

They are not giving them out m8, I only got it as they know me. they had one Spare. :)

• Advertisement

They are not giving them out m8, I only got it as they know me. they had one Spare. :)

I figured they weren't giving them out, just thought I'd chance my arm :)

Well, that and we got a copy of the Marvel Superheroes game last month without receiving any, didn't realise they had them.

Bollox to that, bit the bullet. Thanks Santy! :pac:

10237-the-tower-of-orthanc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

Bollox to that, bit the bullet. Thanks Santy! :

Did you order this from the lego store?

http://images.wikia.com/lego/images/2/21/10237-the-tower-of-orthanc.jpg
    I saw that in the flesh yesterday, it did nothing to steel my will power :pac: It's a beast of a thing, enjoy.

I caved and ordered this year's addition to the Winter Village theme, #10235:

6spDBS.jpg

However, I ordered it last Tuesday and I still haven't gotten a dispatch email, getting impatient/worried.

I really don't have room for this with our current Winter Village set up, but it's a nice headache to have really :)

pikaia wrote: »
    Did you order this from the lego store?

The only place you can get this. I guess I got 199points too lol.

By the way lads, THIS one is getting built 100%!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

79007-LEGO-Lord-of-the-Rings-Battle-at-the-Black-Gate.jpg

Battle at the black gate from pixmania. €55 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I saw that in the flesh yesterday, it did nothing to steel my will power :pac: It's a beast of a thing, enjoy.

I caved and ordered this year's addition to the Winter Village theme, #10235:

However, I ordered it last Tuesday and I still haven't gotten a dispatch email, getting impatient/worried.

I really don't have room for this with our current Winter Village set up, but it's a nice headache to have really :)

Did the same myself, same every year now.. not Christmas without it!

Also ordered
    9398 4X4 Crawler
    10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter
    42007 Moto Cross Bike
    42008 Service Truck

And I still have my R2D2 to build and I plan to build this over Christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

10237-the-tower-of-orthanc.jpg

I saw this built and in a glass case in the Lego shop in Copenhagen and it looks amazing. I was going to get it for myself for Christmas this year but am going for 10225 R2D2 instead. I couldn't resist it after watching the designers video.

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I saw this built and in a glass case in the Lego shop in Copenhagen and it looks amazing. I was going to get it for myself for Christmas this year but am going for 10225 R2D2 instead. I couldn't resist it after watching the designers video.

I am not SW fan at all, so Lotr for me. On topic :D :

*Not suited for children, if mod wants to remove it, its 100% cool. I always forget that it is all age friendly part of forum, even if the average age he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over 18. :)

2013-12-20%252017.17.56.jpg

Santa arrived early, unfortunately it's not all for me... But still enough to keep me busy over the next few weeks ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

^^^^ holy crap did you win the lotto:eek:

shamrock55 wrote: »
    ^^^^ holy crap did you win the lotto:eek:

I wish! Altough having contacts in LEGO n getting 50% off is kinda like winning the loto ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Please do tell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

And of course you'll be doing a big order in the New Year for your fellow boardsies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And of course you'll be doing a big order in the New Year for your fellow boardsies

Indeed he will.

If he doesn't it'll be the worlds first Lego-related tiger-kidnapping.

• Advertisement

In fairness if he could get us 50% off for Lego, he would be a king around here. :D.

I guess there is a "catch" where we cant get involved. :(

Though if he did ever do the right thing and put in a big boardsie order it might look a wee bit questionable if he orders half a dozen Millennium Falcons :D

Do it.

Dear unklerosco Santa,

I'll have a Ewok village and Red Five X-Wing please.

No boardsie deals I'm afraid.. I get a certain amount lego at a discount per year. Gets used up by family. I do a lot of business with them.. Has its perks, annual trips to billund, factory tours etc. Needless to say I'm my nephews favourite uncle

You've just gone from being loved to being hated in these parts.

You've just gone from being loved to being hated in these parts.

I get that a lot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

unklerosco wrote: »
    No boardsie deals I'm afraid.. I get a certain amount lego at a discount per year. Gets used up by family. I do a lot of business with them.. Has its perks, annual trips to billund, factory tours etc. Needless to say I'm my nephews favourite uncle

Word of advice. Dont go boasting about having a 50% discount on Lego, on a Lego thread.

The flimsy story about getting a Lego "allowance" doesn't help things.

syklops wrote: »
    Word of advice. Dont go boasting about having a 50% discount on Lego, on a Lego thread.

The flimsy story about getting a Lego "allowance" doesn't help things.

I distribute lego educatoin kits, I have no problem doing boardsie deals, as I have done in the past, on anything I distribute.. You can see my store here, it's getting an update in the new year with more products.. anyone looking for anything pm me.
    Unfortunately I don't distribute retail LEGO hence the reason I can't get discounts for everyone on it.. If anyone is ever looking for anything specific I'm more than willing to help out..

If I had a Lego discount I'd be like "Hey everybody enjoy paying RRP for lego, lolz"

• Advertisement

I'll prob get banned for this but ironically I spend so much time running workshops with lego that I rarely build it outside of work. Christmas is the only time I really build at home..

Advertisement