Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

g0g wrote: »
    huh!? 42008 is only € 99.99 new, so that's over a 50% increase!?

Sorry meant 42009.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry meant 42009.

Wow that's cheap, although cheapest on .co.uk right now seems to be STG150 once delivery is included. That's pretty much same as lego.com price. Assume it's another country Amazon where it's cheaper? Anyways I reckon there'll be a market for it on adverts. Don't wanna make money or anything, just get a reasonable amount back - sure I never even stuck the stickers on!:)

Price fluctuate wildly on Amazon. If you're willing to wait you can sometimes get items 30% + off. For instance the 4x4 crawler 9396 was €104 for a little while a few days ago, it sold out quick as you can imagine.

Putting it on Adverts will let you know what it's worth at the minute, but as I said previously sets that are still available don't really retain their value very well, but as I said once they're out of production they begin to regain their value. As an example there was a used unimog sold a while back for 90, and a new one for ~130 ish while their RRP is almost 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just ordered my second modular building: 10197 Fire Brigade. I've gone back and forth on the decision to keep collecting them, having gotten the Grand Emporium a few months ago. Just seemed like such a massive commitment. God help me, I'm going for it though.

I'm buying them in order of release rather than preference because I don't want any to retire before I have the chance to pick them up. The Palace Cinema is the one I want the most, but it only just came out.

The picture doesn't really do it justice I don't think; can't wait to get it:

10197?$main$

Also, there's a promotion running on Shop@Home at the moment, I'll be getting this mini VW Camper Van with it:

minicamper-40079_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

The modulars look great, but I have avoided them as once you get one you'd want them all and I'd be broke. I ordered the Camper 10220 the other say, delivered yesterday before I knew about the free mini camper :-( Will have to come up with another order over £50 to get that, it's so cute :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Hey guys! Just found out about this thread. I was in Windsor this summer and went for the exclusive sets there. I got the BTTF De Lorian, the dynamic duo funhouse, the Arctic batman vs. Mister Freeze set and an ass-load of keychains! My favourite by far is the De Lorian. I also have news..... Lego have recently leaked some photos of a 2014 DC set.. The Riddler chase. Nothing too special other than this: a flash minifigure!!!!!! Holy cow batman! I can't wait! There will also be three or four other sets. This is a strange thing as well... Lego the Simpsons is in the works! I never thought these would come out. There is about five of them, I think. :-)
    Hal.

Boys and girls, always look behind boxes in your local Tesco.

Yesterday I was browsing and resting on top of a bunch of Chima sets, probably going unnoticed because it was face down with the same colour scheme, was 6862 Superman vs. Power Armour Lex. I'd seen it a few times previously but always left it there, because it was at RRP. I decided to check it again with the price checker, and it scanned at €5.00 :eek:

Goes without saying I picked it up...the lady on the check out was as surprised as I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think someone made a booboo in tesco by pricing all this. I cleaned out all creator sets and left one Starter kit. Took only one starwars though as I dont care about starwars, so just took for minifigs and put the parts in to my "bucket".

60023 3 x 7eu
    31002 3 x 3.6eu
    75015 1 x 7eu

total damage: 38.6eu

DSC_0154_zpscb89bf6f.jpg

You'll need to buy the modular fire brigade to house all those firemen and fire engines.

My Lego splurge wasn't quite as kind on my wallet.

I got:

I'll post a picture once everything has been delivered.

Now to figure out how I'm going to eat for the next month.

You'll need to buy the modular fire brigade to house all those firemen and fire engines.

My Lego splurge wasn't quite as kind on my wallet.

I got:

I'll post a picture once everything has been delivered.

Now to figure out how I'm going to eat for the next month.

I don't have much spa're money for Lego these days. So I was lucky to get all that. It's mostly just for parts. I don't really need ambulances and fore trucks lol.

I got my ps4 played off, so hopefully, very soon I will be able to dip in to Lego more seriously!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was never interested in Lego Star wars, because Lego is about rebuilding the model you just bought into something better, but with themed Lego brands like SW, you want it looking exactly how it is in the Movies.

With enough bricks I could build way better castles and bastions than the Castle and Pirates sets that were for sale. I remember one epic castle I had where I used black Duplo large bricks for the foundations, and then moved on to yellow "doubles" and then yellow singles for the upper walls. It was massive!

However, I had the idea of buying lots of small SW sets with clone troopers. Maybe one small set a week, keep collecting them until I have columns and columns of them on my living room floor. It turns out some one has already done it, but I want to do it too.

Heres a video of one such guy:

Added a Unimog to the collection today, wasn't planning on it but I manage to swap a Republic Gunship and a bit of cash to get it.

Picked up 2x75002 for 7eu each in Tesco again. Is tesco doing some good deals for 7ey or my local tesco has a **** up with pricing?

75002-LEGO-Star-Wars-Set.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Wow that's some price! Got two 1st time round when they were €18 but at that price I'd buy two more!

Picked up the SW gunship (75021) today in Smyths for €99 for the lads birthday on Monday, guess what we have ended up building tonight!

Picked up 2x75002 for 7eu each in Tesco again. Is tesco doing some good deals for 7ey or my local tesco has a **** up with pricing?

75002-LEGO-Star-Wars-Set.jpg

Just to let you know had my father in law just price check these in Tesco Clonmel and they are full price @ €28 so you got a great bargain there but looks like its your store only! Which one was it anyway?

Its in Mallow, North Cork. They had 2 more I think. I am not an SW fan, but it will go as parts or I will keep them for resale in few years. I already got so much Lego from local store for low ( hence my previuos post few weeks ago ). They are all 7eu... I think they got some error in system or something.

Migworks wrote: »
    Wow that's some price! Got two 1st time round when they were €18 but at that price I'd buy two more!

Picked up the SW gunship (75021) today in Smyths for €99 for the lads birthday on Monday, guess what we have ended up building tonight!

No mistakes like that in any Tesco I check :mad:

Its in Mallow, North Cork. They had 2 more I think. I am not an SW fan, but it will go as parts or I will keep them for resale in few years. I already got so much Lego from local store for low ( hence my previuos post few weeks ago ). They are all 7eu... I think they got some error in system or something.

Say nothing and long may the €7 bargains continue!

Do the shelf labels say these prices or are the labels correct and the prices scan at the wrong price? Either way it looks like someone in your tesco is messing up. As someone else said my local Tesco never has prices like these.

Do the shelf labels say these prices or are the labels correct and the prices scan at the wrong price? Either way it looks like someone in your tesco is messing up. As someone else said my local Tesco never has prices like these.

No, that is the thing. Labels are 7eu with Lego name and number. I always come to check out and ask them to check price and it is always 7eu. Looks like it is in system. I go there weekly for shoping and always check lego shelf. I might check it out more often now :)

• Advertisement

I'm not so sure it's a mistake, it might just have been on clearance. Tesco have some crazy clearance deals (got my Superman vs. Power Armour Lex for €5 a few weeks ago) and the prices seem to vary from store to store.

Latest Lego bargain from tesco: 2x 4437 5eu each

brickpicker_set_4437-1_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

Tesco again
    9476 The Orc Forge - €12.50
    had decided was not going to get any LOTR sets, but could not turn away from that

lostboy75 wrote: »
    Tesco again
    had decided was not going to get any LOTR sets, but could not turn away from that

:eek:

Wow. What branch was that in? Great find.

lostboy75 wrote: »
    Tesco again

No bargain in my tesco last week. :( you got a freaking fantastic bargain there. I would take a few myself. Army builders would eat that up like CRAZY!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

there was only the one, otherwise i would now own all of them, it was in Tesco in Oranmore.
    am in there fairly often, and seldom see much of interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Must get into the habit of checking my tesco. although we usually get tesco delivered so Im not in there very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

Unfortunately for my bank balance was looking at the Amazon Lego Thread over on Bargain Alerts and just bought Technic sets 42000 and 42005 for a MOC. Superb value for the 2 delivered €88.60. Just as well I didn't buy with the Argos 3 for 2 or with the Smyths €5 off €50 last week.

• Advertisement

Got the 2006 Jabba's Sail Barge for €80 on Adverts, which is a bargain. I was almost ready to settle for the (vastly inferior, IMO) 2013 version. Glad I held off and got the one I wanted for €40 less.

Advertisement