Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Here it is ! Reduced in heatons from 10 to 4 euro :) ok I have no idea why my pics just won't work anymore :(

PM it to me and I'll fix your post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Ok ! Problems with pic so description of desk organiser instead! I opened it for a nose :) :pac:
    It's called manscaper valet drawer with charging station.

It's made of black wood. Top of it is flat with a deep compartment for putting tablet and phone in to stand to charge and a little slot cut out at the back to keep the cord nice and tidy and out of site.

The top is flat and has a lip around it to stop anythin falling off and could easily hold keys sunglasses and a pen. The drawer underneath pulls out to open a second large compartment to hold a watch or wallet and 4 or 6 little boxes for cufflinks or other small miscellaneous items. Totally worth the 4 euro in my opinion !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just bought a set of mugs and a cookie jar to match my Christmas tea set. I think I'm going to go back and get the large jug too. I could use it for mulled wine.

S was with me when I bought them and asked why, as Christmas is over. I explained that I wanted them for next Christmas. He thought about it for a minute then gave me the happiest smile and said "happy Christmas Mum." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

My purchases from Tesco arrived very happy with them all,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

3 rolls of wrapping paper in m&s reduced from 4.75 ea to 1.75.

Had my eye on them before Christmas but I think very expensive at 4.75.

Have them packed away with the tree for next year :)

• Advertisement

Picked up a cute candle holder in home store and more its full of santas and a large Yankee would look perfect in it, gona keep an eye out for a candle then wrap them in cellophane with some ribbon my best friend will love it along with her other gifts that I got her

As I said on the other thread I bought two cream and gold Christmas stockings for my fireplace too they are fab from adverts new with tags, I've been looking for ages from cream & gold stockings even in NYC I was on the look out

I found a play-doh advent calender today which I'm delighted about. I thought I'd missed all the leftover toy advent and we'd enjoyed the Planes art calendar so much this Christmas that I really wanted to do a similar one again. And this one is perfect.

I bought a load of christmas cards in tesco for 47c for next year woo !

I bought a load of christmas cards in tesco for 47c for next year woo !

Well done, Haven't made it to my local store to see what's left I really need cards and wrapping paper, wonder if it would be worthwhile ordering online with the delivery charges

SarahLil wrote: »
    Well done, Haven't made it to my local store to see what's left I really need cards and wrapping paper, wonder if it would be worthwhile ordering online with the delivery charges

Maybe if you were bulk buying ! But I can't imagine it would be worth it for the delivery charges ? I'm open to correction though :)

• Advertisement

Maybe if you were bulk buying ! But I can't imagine it would be worth it for the delivery charges ? I'm open to correction though :)

I know my aunt is looking to purchase ahead might bunch our orders together, still battling with my asthma so it's online shopping for now, chest X-ray tomorrow hope we get to the bottom of it soon and get me on the mend

SarahLil wrote: »
    I know my aunt is looking to purchase ahead might bunch our orders together, still battling with my asthma so it's online shopping for now, chest X-ray tomorrow hope we get to the bottom of it soon and get me on the mend

That might be the way to go and buy between you ! Sounds like a great idea ! Hope it goes well :) it's awful being sick and I doubt the weather and cold are helping you either :eek:

My boots purchases arrived, great bargain very cute, most of the bottles on the sets are 50ml and they were great value

I bought three large ceramic figures today. A snowman, a reindeer and a Santa. They're about 18" tall and each one holds lantern you can fit a nightlight in. I told my husband I was picking up some nightlight holders so he was a mite unimpressed when he saw me with 3 enormous bags. Hee hee.

When I get out and about again I really want to get a storage box that I can put all my Christmas ribbons, name tags and cards in that way everything is in the one spot, the amount of time I spend looking for things I do have them scattered everywhere, keep in my mind my mam&aunt request I do all their wrapping plus some shopping for their gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not something that I bought myself, but I met a friend during the week and she gave me a lovely snowman decoration to put on the hearth.

I bought S a reindeer polo shirt and a pair of elf slippers during the great boards outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I bought two rolls of wrapping paper in M&S today. Reduced to 99c

I also got the cutest little decoration. A little glass globe with a fox inside wearing a christmas hat. Reduced from 7 euro to 1.99 (M&S also)

Bumping this a bit because I went shopping today ! Smyths have a sale on so I got a fair few bits. Mostly Thomas the tank engine take and play track sets all reduced from 50ish euro to 15/20 euro. A star wars book /sticker collection set reduced to 5 euro. A good haul overall ! :)

I got one of those Star Wars sets too, 3 books and a poster for €5. It's going in the Easter basket though. :D We have a Heatons nextdoor to Smyths so I went in there to see if they have reduced their Christmas stuff yet and was faced with a bizarre situation where the Christmas and Halloween price had almost no reductions but the Easter stuff was reduced to clear. Weird! So I picked up some Easter crafts and decorations.

• Advertisement

My nearest heatons have a few Christmas bits clearing. I have my eye on an elf cookie jar house but I bought like 3 dif styles of christmas cookie jars already wondering how many more do i really need ! It doesn't help that I'd have them all out and full of nice things ... which of course you'd have to eat too :pac: .... hmm may need to rethink this cookie jar obsession :p

My nearest heatons have a few Christmas bits clearing. I have my eye on an elf cookie jar house but I bought like 3 dif styles of christmas cookie jars already wondering how many more do i really need ! It doesn't help that I'd have them all out and full of nice things ... which of course you'd have to eat too :pac: .... hmm may need to rethink this cookie jar obsession :p

I really want the bathroom handtowels. They are a set of two towels but only one is Christmassy. I'd have to get two sets if I actually want two Christmassy towel so I don't really want to buy them at their current price. They must have about 30 sets in the shop and it looks like the same amount they've had since early January but they are taking forever to reduce them.

I remember they were the same last year. They had soooooo much Christmas stuff left over and it was weeks and weeks before they reduced it to clear. I bought lots of stuff once they did but there was a woman in the shop when I was there and she had at least 6 baskets full of stuff. She must be even more obsessed with Christmas bargains than me!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Seen these today on a random shelf in Boots and couldn't resist! :D

BeRwMPy.jpg?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh wow! Bargain buy! Great find.

In easons today and seen a lady rooting in a Discount bin with a basket full of christmas ribbon by her side. First thought ... hmm I've found a new friend ... second thought ... how to discretely nudge over and start rummaging in said bin before she takes all the good ones !

No more ribbon but had to buy these. The key was 20 cent and the key chain was €1. Mr glitz found me rummaging in the bin 20 minutes later and asked what I was looking for. Well when he saw me pull christmas stuff out and smile and heard me say "look christmas !" He just laughed and said you'll be a while ill be over at the books. My new found discount bin friend said men just don't get it. The joy of getting something Christmassy and at a bargain ! So my question is ...which one of you elves was I obviously rummaging alongside with today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Glitzgirl wrote:
    In easons today and seen a lady rooting in a Discount bin with a basket full of christmas ribbon by her side. First thought ... hmm I've found a new friend ... second thought ... how to discretely nudge over and start rummaging in said bin before she takes all the good ones !

Glitzgirl wrote:
    No more ribbon but had to buy these. The key was 20 cent and the key chain was €1. Mr glitz found me rummaging in the bin 20 minutes later and asked what I was looking for. Well when he saw me pull christmas stuff out and smile and heard me say "look christmas !" He just laughed and said you'll be a while ill be over at the books. My new found discount bin friend said men just don't get it. The joy of getting something Christmassy and at a bargain ! So my question is ...which one of you elves was I obviously rummaging alongside with today

"Look Christmas!"

I love it, Glitzgirl!
    It wasn't me anyway...

"Look Christmas!"

I love it, Glitzgirl!
    It wasn't me anyway...

It made my day French girl ! Even though I have a chimney so don't really need a key am thinking of saying it's for our elf jingle who needs it from santa to get in. Because as I have been told by mini glitz ... elves don't use the chimney that's santas job :)

Advertisement