Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Didihno wrote: »
    I'm sorry the posts were a bit over the top yesterday, my feelings on the matter are strong though.
    I'm terrified anything negative will be used against us by the anti vaping vermin. I don't want to go back to smoking. Ever.

There is no anti vaping vermin , just ignorant, self righteous anti smoking vermin .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

jonski wrote: »
    There is no anti vaping vermin , just ignorant, self righteous anti smoking vermin .

Only problem with this is that they keep lumping us in the same group as smokers and fcuk the facts / evidence.
    Their attitude quite simply is...
    If I don't do it, then you cant !

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Only problem with this is that they keep lumping us in the same group as smokers and fcuk the facts / evidence.
    Their attitude quite simply is...
    If I don't do it, then you cant !

No matter what the facts, this will always happen.
    As was said here, ignorance in some people is all they know our want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Is the Innokin coolfire 2 any good? ive an istick 20w and am just looking for an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

IK09 wrote: »
    Is the Innokin coolfire 2 any good? ive an istick 20w and am just looking for an alternative.

You could really only justify it, if you love the look of it. It's bigger, a lot heavier, and uses an 18350 battery, which has less than a third of the battery capacity of your istick. You'll need to buy the battery and a charger too.

Esmokeireland have it on sale at the moment http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/coolfire2.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

IK09 wrote: »

I bought one from esmokeireland a couple of months ago,it was only curiosity & cheapness of €29 & the heavy weight attracted me,like a paperweight:D:D I would definitely not have paid the going price of around €60.
    As CC said above,It's okay for a showpiece & it works very well,as long as you use it with low resistance coils,not to be used below 1.0 Ohm,as it only has a 18350.
    I would never have bought an iclear 30B but as it comes free with it,I used it & it works perfectly,I run the Coolfire at about 11w with the clearo,higher watts gave me a very slight burning taste,of course,this all depends on what juice you will use.
    Another reason that I bought this was because I already have loads of batteries & chargers,so there was no need to pay out any extra money.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭125 Lime St

anyone order off worldofvape.com,its a U.S. site,

whats the story on paying import duty from the states,

not ordering that much just some coils

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

whats the story on paying import duty from the states

Often wonder this myself, have been stung in the past for clothes but twas long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Anything over €22 inc shipping is subject to VAT + a €6 handling and postage fee,they generally don't apply this if the amount of VAT to be collected is less than €5 or €6.
    If an item is over €150 you can be caught for duty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Placed an order with these guys last week
    http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com
    The have good sized rolls of kanthal for cheap prices.
    They also have a selection of twisted kanthal some of which are twisted with ribbon wire.
    Hopefully I'll receive the order tomorrow and I'll let you know what I think.
    Oh yeah the twisted stuff comes on 10 meter spools and costs £2.25 that's just over 3 euro. Shipping wasn't too bad either £4.00
    P.s. I know that sounds like an advert but I just thought it was pretty good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I ordered from them,good sellers,fast enough dispatch and good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Got an Aqua V2 from FT the other day. https://www.fasttech.com/products/2022300

Ho-Lee-Sh1t! Coming from a Kayfun/Russian 91% this thing is a revelation.
    Incredible flavour, clouds, consistency...it's just brilliant.

Running a 0.4ohm single coil (it's a dual coil unit if you want) it's a piece of piss to assemble thanks to the inclusion of what I think should be standard...post holes (so no more faffing about trying to get wires trapped under screw heads).
    Airflow control, you can remove the build deck without having to empty it (or unscrew it completely from your mod, saving your threads from excessive wear if your mod has putty threads), and a full clear fogged plastic tank.

Comes with a SS tank too, plus an RDA tank (with airflow at the top so I assume you can put a couple of ML of juice in there without it pissing juice everywhere).

It's also a hybrid tank so you can remove the 510 connector and attach it directly to your mod by removing the top cap on the mod and screwing it directly on.

Only negatives so far, the drip tip hole is a little large so you might need a new one or new o-rings. It doesn't come with a drip tip and a well used drip tip will be loose as the o-ring will be compressed.
    It also might leak if you (like me) don't put a screw in the unused airhole if running in single coil mode (as you are supposed to!).
    Also, you WILL need a needle nosed bottle to fill it. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002091/1842300-empty-needle-refiller-bottle-for-e-liquid-5-pack

It's less than $15 and you cannot go wrong, seriously!

Bottom line:
    This thing RULES!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I have an eleaf istick with a kanger clearo. I vape non pg juice only but I have been getting the constant "taste" of juice in my mouth and at the back of my throat and through my nose as well. The clearo isnt leaking and is always standing upright on the istick anyway.
    Its disgusting and is turning me off vaping as I can constantly taste juice. When I wake up in the morning(always clean my teeth before bed :cool:)its overwhelming. I also have this bizarre "claggy" feeling in the throat and nose like when you have a bit of a cold and have to keep clearing it.
    I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue as this or even know what it might be?
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The problem there is they can flood occasionally which restricts air flow. So it's just like a drink with a straw then. The solution is to dry around the air holes with paper towel. I would suggest to switch to something like the aspire nautilus which is so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Some clearos will spit a drop of juice out the top when you fire them, I get this a lot with aspire bvcs, it almost went in my eye a few times.

If you point it away from yourself for half a second when you fire it first it should be OK and you won't have anymore juice in your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Has anyone bought any kayfun parts from irish vendors before? All I can find is a UK vendor with relatively high postage. I lost my 3.1 post insulator down the sink tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Has anyone bought any kayfun parts from irish vendors before? All I can find is a UK vendor with relatively high postage. I lost my 3.1 post insulator down the sink tonight :(

checked the u-bend? :-)

Haha :P Forgive my ignorance, but would it be safe to use an o ring off a kanger coil? Would that even work?

I just had another "thought". Would it be safe to cut and roll out the insulator from a kanger coil?

Which one? I might have one you can have for nowt.

• Advertisement

That'd be great Pique, thanks! It's the deck insulator for the 3.1 I'm missing.

That'd be great Pique, thanks! It's the deck insulator for the 3.1 I'm missing.

Right I'll check in the morning if I have one.

Had a look and no joy I'm afraid :(

Sorry.

No problem Pique. Thanks for checking, it's much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

A video for those who have an Egrip with an RBA base,the build is 20 mins into this video,excellent review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M74TuLnYnBE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm thinking of getting in to this box mod malarkey.

What's the best under €100 option? Istick 50, ipv mini? Or should I consider the egrip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

What's the best under €100 option? Istick 50, ipv mini? Or should I consider the egrip?

For an all in one unit the iStick 50w is hard to beat. Probably the best bang for your buck.

For build quality and if 30w is enough the MVP3 would be a good choice.

Others who have more experience with seperate battery mods will comment i'm sure, but if it was me i would go for the Sigelei 100w+ for the battery life and it seems to be well liked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I love my eGrip. Fantastic vape with the RBA base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Shout out for www.abstractvape.eu

Orderes juices yesterday afternoon. Sister just texted me in work - they've arrived, less than 24 hours later.

Fastest delivery I've ever had. Looking forward to trying these later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I got someone to do a dual coild build in the Aqua V2 for me.

0.3 in Dripper mode. This is some next level ****!

The flavour is waaay better than the Atlantis or Subtank. I can taste my juice for the first time.

I am a convert :)

w57PElb.jpg?2

Advertisement