Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Paddymouse

got a areotank mega the other day and there was a horrible taste off it,metallic taste to the juice i tried in it

done a bit of reading up on it and i had to wash it with vodka then hot water a couple of times to get rid of the cutting oils which were causing the metallic taste,after that its flying now

do you guys wash your new tanks before use?

Had the same problem when I got the subtank mini,washed it loads,still awful taste and smell.looked online and and people recommended an ultrasonic cleaner.Picked one up in Aldi yesterday for €25 and whambam,problem sorted!! Cheap bit of kit now to clean all my other tanks.I think anyone with loads of tanks and stuff should definitely invest in one.
    Happy Vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Good online irish store for juices at reasonable prices? Would like a decent tobacco one and getting fed up of hangsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

irishsid wrote: »
    Good online irish store for juices at reasonable prices? Would like a decent tobacco one and getting fed up of hangsen.

Any of the guys on this list:
    http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

Order before 3 and you get it next day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Look no further: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1865.htm

15 euros for a 60 ml bottle of virginia prime is great value. They seem to be out of stock on cigarillos but still have a few options if you want a realistic tobacco vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

I have nearly 90 mil of tobacco juices here. Nicquid soho daybreak and midnight express 15 euros plus p+p if your interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

Gez69 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the average overall life expectancy of a Janty Ego RGB battery? I'm thinking of buying couple because I love the simplicity and sleekness of them. I already have the Janty clearomizers which I'm using atop a CE4 Battery and I think they're great.

Cheers.

I went with my original instinct in the end and bought the stainless steel Janty. If it only lasts 6 months, well, it was only 18 euros. Very pleased with it. Vaping some Halo Turkish tobacco right now. Bliss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Has anyone else got an eleaf GS air tank? It's amazing. Dual coil and takes 20w without flinching. No burnt taste or anything. It's a tenner! Only downside is you need a screwdriver to change the airflow but I just pick a setting and stick with it.

http://www.vaperus.ie/clearomizer/595-eleaf-gs-air.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Has anyone else got an eleaf GS air tank? It's amazing. Dual coil and takes 20w without flinching. No burnt taste or anything. It's a tenner! Only downside is you need a screwdriver to change the airflow but I just pick a setting and stick with it.

http://www.vaperus.ie/clearomizer/595-eleaf-gs-air.html

Is that the one designed to go with the istick?

Is that the one designed to go with the istick?

Yep, that's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Yep, that's the one.

Would you rate it close to the Nautilus for flavour etc Richie?

For €10 it looks good!

• Advertisement

It's hard to say on flavour because I've been using the same juice for weeks. If i had to guess I'd say flavour is slightly less intense than the nauty (have a different juice in the nauty now so can't side by side) but vapour production and throat hit seems to be stronger. The novelty of taking it to 20w with no dry hits is giving me way more satisfaction than it should!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Can anyone recommend a good liquid to help sleep. I have ordered VALERIAN NATURAL RELAXANT & SLEEP AID from Epuffer and I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
    Would like to have a good vape that would help with sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

AV8IRL wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good liquid to help sleep. I have ordered VALERIAN NATURAL RELAXANT & SLEEP AID from Epuffer and I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
    Would like to have a good vape that would help with sleep.

I never even knew such thing was possible.

I would be sceptical about it AV8RL, but glad to be proven wrong.

Why just not consume Valerian in liquid or tablet form?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

whiskey usually works for me :p

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I never even knew such thing was possible.

I would be sceptical about it AV8RL, but glad to be proven wrong.

Why just not consume Valerian in liquid or tablet form?

Going to give it a go and see what it's like.
    Would love to get a cannabis oil liquid as cannabis is great for a good night sleep. I just hate the stoned feeling it gives you.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Would love to get a cannabis oil liquid as cannabis is great for a good night sleep. I just hate the stoned feeling it gives you.

careful now...

I would think you would need something that is zero nicotine since it's a stimulant.

Allan45121 wrote: »
    careful now...

Down with that sort of thing :)

Cannabis oil sounds great though, where can I get that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

CBD oil derived from hemp is supposed to help stress and is (technically) not illegal. I think a UK crowd started selling it and I know it's available for export (legally iirc) from Netherlands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Down with that sort of thing :)

nah i dont care either way i prob smoked more than my fair share of the worlds 'exotic plant' resources when i was younger. But i think a line must be drawn between vaping and smoking dope. vapers get enough bad press without that hanging over us :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I think this is a topic that in no way should be tolerated or associated with vaping, it is tremendously bad PR.
    Like it or not, be it legal or not, there should be no discussion allowed in this forum IMO.
    Vaping has enough on its plate to fight against, given the hysteria, ignorance and basic corruption we are facing, without giving the 'powers' any ammunition. I hope the mods take swift action and delete any mention.

Personally, I don't give a fiddlers what you want to do in your spare time, but I will not stand by while something like this could cause huge damage to vapings cause.
    Vaping has been the only successful quitting mechanism for me in 30+ years, and has already probably either saved or extended my life. I hate being the thought police on any topic, but when I see something that could damage our already under fire way of life I have to speak up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Didihno wrote: »
    I think this is a topic that in no way should be tolerated or associated with vaping, it is tremendously bad PR.
    Like it or not, be it legal or not, there should be no discussion allowed in this forum IMO.
    Vaping has enough on its plate to fight against, given the hysteria, ignorance and basic corruption we are facing, without giving the 'powers' any ammunition. I hope the mods take swift action and delete any mention.

Personally, I don't give a fiddlers what you want to do in your spare time, but I will not stand by while something like this could cause huge damage to vapings cause.
    Vaping has been the only successful quitting mechanism for me in 30+ years, and has already probably either saved or extended my life. I hate being the thought police on any topic, but when I see something that could damage our already under fire way of life I have to speak up.

I can see your point a couple of levels but I feel its also based directly on your own opinion on cannabis generally. Its 100% to do with vaping, its just about vaping something different with slightly different technology.

Like it or not vaping has changed that area as well. Is it all positive? Id actually say no. Its an extremely potent way of consuming herbs (see Jon Snow's recent video with the Volcano vaporizer) but again its health benefits simply cant be dismissed as opposed to burning of filter- less tobacco plus the drug itself.

Vaping of cannabis has existed for a long time as well its just that now with better technology and peoples access to devices that don't cost 400/500 euro its becoming more main stream. You can buy multiple devices on amazon now.

From a medical point of view they have proven invaluable for a lot of seriously ill people. I know one MS sufferer in Ireland with a Volcano which has had a huge impact on his life.

I'm with Allan and Didihno and I'm quite libertarian on the subject matter. While I do agree with nearly everything Trond has said above and it is an accurate assessment, I think a private or different board would be a better place for theorising on that subject. I've already seen posts on other forums like "no coincidence that these vape shops are opening where the head shops used to be" (yes, really) and it's an association none of us need.

Sorry Trond, I have little problem with the weed. Over use of it though has had a bad effect on my own brother and a friend of mine, but thats besides the point. Its quite simply a matter of wartime, we are at war with powers that want to eradicate our ability to vape, people with various agendas are actively moving against us and like it or not, the mere mention of cannabis has such a general stigma it would be an absolute coup de grace for these scumbags if vaping were to be associated with cannabis use.

Until such a time that the medicinal benefits are accepted and its legalised then even any mention is simply giving a massive weapon to the opposition. Can you imagine the press outcry? It must be eradicated immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Sorry Trond, I have little problem with the weed. Over use of it though has had a bad effect on my own brother and a friend of mine, but thats besides the point. Its quite simply a matter of wartime, we are at war with powers that want to eradicate our ability to vape, people with various agendas are actively moving against us and like it or not, the mere mention of cannabis has such a general stigma it would be an absolute coup de grace for these scumbags if vaping were to be associated with cannabis use.

Until such a time that the medicinal benefits are accepted and its legalised then even any mention is simply giving a massive weapon to the opposition. Can you imagine the press outcry? It must be eradicated immediately.

Again im conscious of not derailing the thread. I know exactly what you mean regarding the naysayers using this side of things against normal ecigs. I do however think they are two very different subjects who happen to use similar technologies.

Its already universally accepted in a medical sense. You can get prescriptions for a cannabis spray already in Ireland and im almost certain the legislation was changed for the herbal form of the drug last year (strictly for MS patients though)

Bit dramatic but if it makes you happy I won't mention the naughty word again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Both of the spare coils I got with my eGrip rba are too low resistance to fire in it. The one that was in it works great. Dodgy QC joyetech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

EGriff wrote: »
    Both of the spare coils I got with my eGrip rba are too low resistance to fire in it. The one that was in it works great. Dodgy QC joyetech.

Well,that's a good one,never thought that the spare coils are lower,I haven't tried my spare ones yet,you will have to use them in a dripper.

• Advertisement

Gez69 wrote: »
    Bit dramatic but if it makes you happy I won't mention the naughty word again.
    I'm sorry the posts were a bit over the top yesterday, my feelings on the matter are strong though.
    I'm terrified anything negative will be used against us by the anti vaping vermin. I don't want to go back to smoking. Ever.

Advertisement