Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

As i delve further into devices, i think i am going to buy a lemo tank.

Does anyone have an ohm reader from FT or an irish site that reads to two decimal places and it fairly accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

moonboy52 wrote: »
    As i delve further into devices, i think i am going to buy a lemo tank.

Does anyone have an ohm reader from FT or an irish site that reads to two decimal places and it fairly accurate?

Here is a video of the Lemo V2,much improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPPqGvoDgu0

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Been experimenting with the Taifun GT. It had a very tight draw when I first got it and the way you adjust the airflow is a bit ridiculous. I removed the little pillars that "control" the airflow and that loosened it up a bit, but today I tried a vertical coil and airflow is much improved. Horizontal coils are considerably easier to build than on a kayfun but verticals are slightly harder. Wicking is a bit of a PITA but it's worth it I think.

On another note, would anyone be able to recommend which stainless steel mesh I should be buying for a kraken genesis? ESI stock 400 and 500. I have some 28 guage kanthal, but I'm new to gennies and was going to buy some more kanthal anyway so is any particular guage recommended? Thanks!

Been experimenting with the Taifun GT. It had a very tight draw when I first got it and the way you adjust the airflow is a bit ridiculous. I removed the little pillars that "control" the airflow and that loosened it up a bit, but today I tried a vertical coil and airflow is much improved. Horizontal coils are considerably easier to build than on a kayfun but verticals are slightly harder. Wicking is a bit of a PITA but it's worth it I think.

On another note, would anyone be able to recommend which stainless steel mesh I should be buying for a kraken genesis? ESI stock 400 and 500. I have some 28 guage kanthal, but I'm new to gennies and was going to buy some more kanthal anyway so is any particular guage recommended? Thanks!

28 awg is good,I would recommend 200 to 400 mesh,better wicking & taste with these gauges,I would also wrap a small bit of cotton around the mesh where the coils are,here is a video that may help,you can also use stainless steel rope instead of mesh,I intended to use the rope but I had nothing suitable to cut it to size. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/diy/295-stainless-steel-wire-rope-7x7.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagnsVTWbdg

Thanks for that YD! I'm committed to buying from ESI because they'll hopefully be replacing ny istick so I won't have to pay postage, so I'll stick to 400 SS and stick with the 28 kanthal. Going to get some more cellucotton which is the only thing I've wicked with so far and have no complaints but I'm going to buy some koh gen doh while I'm making the purchase.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Guys has anyone come across a b&m where you can't sample an e-liquid prior to purchase even though they have plenty of said liquid?

54kroc wrote: »
    Guys has anyone come across a b&m where you can't sample an e-liquid prior to purchase even though they have plenty of said liquid?

I have only ever been in one B&M, but i thought they all allowed you to sample juice.

I have only ever been in one B&M, but i thought they all allowed you to sample juice.

I thought so to, it's a new one on me, I rarely need a sample as I usually know exactly what I'm looking for except I did spot something I fancied today but I couldn't sample it.
    Surely it's one of the handier point of a b&m.
    Not hugely bothered by it as a few other things about the place have been bugging me of late, so much so that I don't recommend it to people any more I just send them straight to vapourpal if they need a b&m around cork city.

I'd drop them an e-mail. It may have been an employee which was not properly trained.

A pull or two with a disposable tip would cost them a cent or two, and keep the customer happy surely. Bad business practise if the employee was not new.

I'd drop them an e-mail. It may have been an employee which was not properly trained.

A pull or two with a disposable tip would cost them a cent or two, and keep the customer happy surely. Bad business practise if the employee was not new.

Twas the owner, as I said a few other things bother me about the place, the only reason I frequent it is convince tbh, I'll quite happily give it a miss from now on.

On another note moonboy52 are you the poster moving onto dripping and was thinking of buying a tobh?
    I seen a post somewhere but I can't find it, anyway if it's yourself or who ever the poster was let me know and I'll send on a tobh I have that I don't use.

• Advertisement

54kroc wrote: »

On another note moonboy52 are you the poster moving onto dripping and was thinking of buying a tobh?
    I seen a post somewhere but I can't find it, anyway if it's yourself or who ever the poster was let me know and I'll send on a tobh I have that I don't use.

Wow! Very nice of you 54kroc. I did mention it, but it could have been someone else you were thinking of.

I'll PM you.

Wow! Very nice of you 54kroc. I did mention it, but it could have been someone else you were thinking of.

I'll PM you.

Twas you alright, the post was in the today I ordered thread, I've no bother giving stuff to people moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

w57PElb.jpg?2

What batt is that? I wouldn't mind having something simple that fires the Atlantis, for out and about, or just alongside the iStick

[edit] Found it, the Aspire CF, hmmm, it's around the price of an iStick 30w I see. Well, cheaper but heading that way

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

The aspire sub ohm battery will fire an atlantis :) bit pricey though, I'd rather spend the extra on an ipv mini.

The other one I was looking at was the Ego One, anyone tried that? Think it's about €44 for the batt, tank, charger etc

I have the iStick 50w, but I'd like something on side that can run a sub tank too. Got a Vamo and Zmax but neither can fire the likes of the Atlantis of course.

What batt is that? I wouldn't mind having something simple that fires the Atlantis, for out and about, or just alongside the iStick

[edit] Found it, the Aspire CF, hmmm, it's around the price of an iStick 30w I see.

The Atlantis was my first foray into sub-ohm. I went with the CF as I was not that knowledgeable about battery safety at the time, so wanted to be sure.

Having said that, I like it.

Cool. Sometimes simple is best. I'm thinking when out and about, just want a quick vape here and there and don't need to be fiddling with setting ... How big is the Aspire batt? I've seen the Ego One and it's teensy, looks pretty neat too

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

just hit the istick 50w fire button 10 times from off. it tells me its temperature is 27 degrees, theres a function i didn't see in reviews

Cool. Sometimes simple is best. I'm thinking when out and about, just want a quick vape here and there and don't need to be fiddling with setting ... How big is the Aspire batt? I've seen the Ego One and it's teensy, looks pretty neat too

It's about 6 inches tall. 22mm wide. It's not regulated though, so essentially a mech mod with built in safety features

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Anyone have any recommendations regarding the Atlantis, subtank or delta 2

I'm probably going for a subtank mini because of the rebuildable head, but open to suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Oh, another thing, I'm off to the USofA on Sunday and it seems there is an assortment of vaping stores near where I am staying.

Is there anything I should buy that I can't get here? A quick comparison of prices indicates that it's no cheaper for gear, so probably looking for some tasty juice.

I have the Atlantis, it's my first dip into any kind of sub ohm, can't compare it to the others but I do love it. My only issue with it is that it drinks juice fast, and since I didn't get the large tank it only holds 2ml - so I find I'm filling it a lot. But actual vape-wise, it's been flawless. Not a gurgle, leak or dry hit in a month. Unlike the Nautilus, which spits, gurgles, leaks and dry hits all the time for me, even with new coils :/

I tend to use it in around the 30w mark, gets hot fast beyond 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I find the nautilus coils have to be allowed time to absorb the juice, and with vg it takes a little longer. When it floods (which isn't often) I unscrew the coil and wipe excess at the base where the spring is. Once that is all taken care of it vapes flawlessly for me.

Anyone have any recommendations regarding the Atlantis, subtank or delta 2

I'm probably going for a subtank mini because of the rebuildable head, but open to suggestions.

I have all three & they perform exactly the same using the stock coil,they say the Arctic just beats them all,I have the Melo,it was under €20 to buy & it can use Atlantis coils if you were stuck,I haven't set it up yet,here is a new video from Grimgreen about comparing all 5 sub ohm tanks,this may help you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Upu2qfGXM

I would also recommend the Subtank Mini because of the cyclops airhole & save money by rebuilding the stock coil,a better taste than the RBA Base you get with it,here's a video showing how easy it is to rebuild the coils....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UBtDLMQ-rs

Had to change the vertical coil. Started getting dry hits and I couldn't fix it. Hard to get the wicking right with the way the poles are aligned. Converted it to a dul coil which is working well but is flying through juice with not enough improvement in function to justify it. Vapour production is actually down on a single coil, nit sure why. I did an under and over.

Hopefully the SS will be here today so I can get kraken! (geddit??)

Had to change the vertical coil. Started getting dry hits and I couldn't fix it. Hard to get the wicking right with the way the poles are aligned. Converted it to a dul coil which is working well but is flying through juice with not enough improvement in function to justify it. Vapour production is actually down on a single coil, nit sure why. I did an under and over.

Hopefully the SS will be here today so I can get kraken! (geddit??)

With most Genny's,they had to be wicked by tipping the mod to the side,so the juice would hit the coil or deck,I used to leave the fill port open & flick your mod after 3 or 4 toots,it will be like dripping without the hassle of using the bottle,the mesh will make a big difference though.
    They can Krak you up if you don't have the right build.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Looking at getting the iStick 30W or 50W in the next few weeks. First move from the VIP kit I started with back in January.
    I was also looking at the iStick 10W mini but I want something that will last me all day.

Anyone any feedback on the above devices or should I be looking at something else.

With most Genny's,they had to be wicked by tipping the mod to the side,so the juice would hit the coil or deck,I used to leave the fill port open & flick your mod after 3 or 4 toots,it will be like dripping without the hassle of using the bottle,the mesh will make a big difference though.
    They can Krak you up if you don't have the right build.

Thanks for that! Anyone ever told you that you're handy to have about? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

AV8IRL wrote: »
    Looking at getting the iStick 30W or 50W in the next few weeks. First move from the VIP kit I started with back in January.
    I was also looking at the iStick 10W mini but I want something that will last me all day.

Anyone any feedback on the above devices or should I be looking at something else.

The mini istick has a 1050mAh battery, the Vip battery is 1100mAh.

So, the istick mini will last as long between charges as the VIP battery.

Don't bother with the 20w istick, there are issues with the threading. Go for the 30w. It has a 2200 mAh battery, so will last twice as long as a Vip battery. :)

• Advertisement

AV8IRL wrote: »

I have a 30 and a 50. Build quality of the 50 is a lot better. No button rattle, battery is firmly in place (can feel it moving in the 30w) and it just feels a lot nicer. 30w is more pocket friendly. 30w will last me 1 whole day and I vape about 5ml a day anywhere between 11 and 2 watts. 50w will naturally last 2 whole days. I use the 30w if I want to be discreet out and about or the 50w at home or in the office.

Both great devices imo. Full disclosure: My 50w developed fault rendering it unusable after 6 weeks, but ESI replaced with a 2 day turnaround by sending a replacement the day they received my faulty device. I wouldn't let that put you off, mass produced devices will throw out a lemon here and there.

Advertisement