Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Plascebo wrote: »
    Hi, I have a mini nauti on order that uses the BVC coils. Would I need to prime the new coils, and if so, how? Thanks.

You will indeed. Fill the tank and stand it right way up. Bubbles will appear out of the bottom of the tank as juice is absorbed into it. After a few minutes they will stop. Take a few dry hits (take a drag without pressing the button on the device) press the button and take a drag. If it sounds a bit off, cover the airhole and take a few dry hits again. Then hopefully you can now vape away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thought you diyers might be interested in this.

http://www.oneononeflavors.com/

There's some pretty interesting looking flavours there, all in concentrate form. Some of them are available at justvape247.com in the UK. Not the full range though.

I might try the breakfast cereal ones, I've always fancied a granola type juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Errr, I've just had two batteries overheat in a mech mod, with a new coil. Is this the coil shorting out?

I took the batteries out and left them on the garage floor to cool down. Am I safe to re-use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Take a few dry hits (take a drag without pressing the button on the device)

Thats not what is currently accepted as what a 'dry hit' is though? I think you need a new term for what you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Prime comes to mind....

• Advertisement

alwald wrote: »
    I am really interested especially that the price in TBS is only 55EUR now instead of 62EUR, they still have the 10% discount I think, I have 2 (noob) questions:

Obviously the coil needs to be changed, how often? is this what I need to buy http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/547-joyetech-egrip-rba-base.html? I read that some people can rebuild the coild themselves, is it easy? any videos that can be recommended for a step by step guide?

The second question is what type of drip tips work well with the egrip?

Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdX-It1qEa4

The above you mentioned is the correct one to buy.

Drip tips are a personal thing,on an Egrip,I like a narrow bore to do mouth to lung hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Got my eGrip this morning, missed the postman yesterday so I had to collect it at the depo.

Pretty slick looking and way heavier than an iStick. Really nice vape with the RBA, a little but airy for me since I don't do lung hits but it still puts out loads of vapor doing mouth to lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

If you use a narrow bore trip tip it should tighten up the draw.

Errr, I've just had two batteries overheat in a mech mod, with a new coil. Is this the coil shorting out?

I took the batteries out and left them on the garage floor to cool down. Am I safe to re-use them?

More than likely a short.
    The batteries will probably be ok but keep a close eye on them the first time you recharge them,check to see if they are getting hot ect.
    After a full charge leave the overnight then check the voltage to make sure the're still holding a charge properly.
    I had one that got so hot that I had to use a towel to pick up the mod that had been auto-firing on a table so I could get the battery out.I recharged it and it's still working away in a Chana at 30w.

I looked in the eGrip manual to see what the light does when its fully charged and I see this:

"The button light will stay illuminated when the device is fully charged. The button light will go out when the device is fully charged."

It's leaking a bit too, seems to be coming out of the joins between the metal part and the black part along the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Even on the big websites for buying ecig paraphernalia the standard of English is horrendous. I'm not great but at least I can string a coherent sentence together. It makes me really dubious about buying the items sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Hoping someone can answer this for me.
    I'm currently using VIP blueberry 0.8mg and strawberry 0.8mg together and it's really nice.

I was going down to 0 nicotine on one of them. So I would have the following setup.
    Blueberry 0.8mg
    Strawberry 0mg
    Would this make the nicotine level 0.4mg over all if I'm using half and half?

Yes, you would be halving the nicotine by mixing 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Yes, you would be halving the nicotine by mixing 50/50.

Thanks for that, opens so many more options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

EGriff wrote: »
    I looked in the eGrip manual to see what the light does when its fully charged and I see this:

"The button light will stay illuminated when the device is fully charged. The button light will go out when the device is fully charged."

It's leaking a bit too, seems to be coming out of the joins between the metal part and the black part along the bottom.

The leaking is a deal breaker for me, I believe that the Nautilus mini is the best clearomiser to get, Istick (either 50W or mini) is my choice number one now.

More devices like the eGrip will be released I am sure about it so I will wait before I buy a similar device, preferably a device that can be opened to access the clearomiser, remove it and either clean it or change it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

The leaking is a deal breaker for me, I believe that the Nautilus mini is the best clearomiser to get, Istick (either 50W or mini) is my choice number one now.

More devices like the eGrip will be released I am sure about it so I will wait before I buy a similar device, preferably a device that can be opened to access the clearomiser, remove it and either clean it or change it completely.

Just got my istick 30w and nauti mini today and very happy so far (was using a vip ego and vip metal clearo). Eight weeks off the cigarettes after 30 years and getting serious cases of shinyitus lol

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

@Egriff

I've been lucky with leaking on it so far - the only problems I had was when I used a bvc coil in it and it leaked out the airflow. I keep expecting it to leak with the RBA - it just looks like it should - but nothing so far. Not sure why it would be leaking down the bottom like that.
    It's a very airy draw alright but as youdipstick said different tips make a big difference if you want it tighter. Might still be a bit loose for some I'm sure.
    EDIT: re the manual/light indicator. I still don't understand it tbh. Slow flashing, fast flashing etc. All on a tiny display my hand usually covers. I just vape it til it dies usually. I think it flashes 40 times to indicate the batts dead!

@alwald

There is a device like that already, which is probably what joyetech were going for. It's called a Billet Box and used to be only available on their site. Lovely device and very popular but waaaay more expensive and never really got the clone treatment. Really surprised there's not more of these types of devices alright.

EGriff wrote: »

If you are sure that it is leaking where you say,then it is a faulty one,just send it back,are you using the stock coil or the RBA Base.
    If using the RBA Base,you will get a bit of sweat at the air hole but that will only last a couple of hours & it stops.
    The charging light will stay on for 4 or 5 seconds & will go out when the charge is over 60%.
    Once the charge has dropped below 60% the light will turn off after 2 seconds & turn on again & then turn off again.
    The lower the charge gets,the quicker the light turns off & on.

Maybe that leak is coming from the airflow at the bottom,bad coils will cause this.If using an RBA base,close off that air flow completely.

accaguest wrote: »
    @Egriff

I've been lucky with leaking on it so far - the only problems I had was when I used a bvc coil in it and it leaked out the airflow. I keep expecting it to leak with the RBA - it just looks like it should - but nothing so far. Not sure why it would be leaking down the bottom like that.
    It's a very airy draw alright but as youdipstick said different tips make a big difference if you want it tighter. Might still be a bit loose for some I'm sure.
    EDIT: re the manual/light indicator. I still don't understand it tbh. Slow flashing, fast flashing etc. All on a tiny display my hand usually covers. I just vape it til it dies usually. I think it flashes 40 times to indicate the batts dead!

@alwald

There is a device like that already, which is probably what joyetech were going for. It's called a Billet Box and used to be only available on their site. Lovely device and very popular but waaaay more expensive and never really got the clone treatment. Really surprised there's not more of these types of devices alright.

I tried those BVC coils in the Egrip & they were bad at wicking,burnt taste all the time,only tried one coil,maybe it was a faulty one.
    I also tried one Egrip stock coil & I couldn't vape over 8w or I would get a burnt taste,maybe that one coil was faulty,I thought to myself,why are two different coils are not wicking right,none of the YT videos showed this,maybe it was two dodgy coils I had & I had no leaks whatsoever.
    Then I was amazed with the RBA base,wicks like a dream & no leaks coming from anywhere,sometimes I get a bit of condensation in the drip tip hole,but that is expected.
    As I said in the previous message above,that is the way my charging light works.

Here's a question on dry burning an Egrip RBA base coil,at the moment,those special adapters for the RBA base for dry burning still haven't arrived in Ireland yet.I was wondering,if I pull the wick out & put the chimney back & dry burn it slowly inside the Egrip,do you think that it might work.

• Advertisement

I have the stock coil in the eGrip now and its working fine, I only have it turned up about a third of the way but it's kicking out plenty vapor. I prefer the tighter draw too.

The flavour isn't as nice as the RBA but its handy to have the option to switch without having to empty the juice out

Here is a Foreign video on how to dry burn your Egrip coil,the part you want is 7 minutes into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAR1KBz4jQM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Anyone else getting a small bit of leaking from the Subtank mini?

I think it is coming out of the airholes.

It is not much, but after using the Nautilus and the Atlantis, which never ever leak it is a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a small bit of leaking from the Subtank mini?

I think it is coming out of the airholes.

It is not much, but after using the Nautilus and the Atlantis, which never ever leak it is a little annoying.

I find with the larger subtanks they leak when the juice runs low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

any recommendations about a small battery/MOD, not too bulky, that vapes well and has good reviews and that can work with different clearomisers such as the aspire nautilus mini or even a bit smaller.

I've been looking at the Istick mini, Istick, egrip and so on but they are too bulky for me, I much prefer a narrower one.

any recommendations about a small battery/MOD, not too bulky, that vapes well and has good reviews and that can work with different clearomisers such as the aspire nautilus mini or even a bit smaller.

I've been looking at the Istick mini, Istick, egrip and so on but they are too bulky for me, I much prefer a narrower one.

Kanger Ipow 2? Its the same width as the nautilius mini. It will be longer than an iStick though, its more tube than box shape.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/518-kanger-ipow-v2-1600mah-vw-lcd-battery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Wow!

If you look back on my posts on this forum you will see that I started last week on a kit from 365 Dunlaoire, bought by my boss so cost unknown, included 2 spare coils and 3 sml bottles of "strong tobacco" 2*12mg 1*18mg.

On Sunday I visited the other shop (cigtec?) on upper Georges street and bought a Aspire cf-v v 1600 battery, and tried a few non tobacco juices. I left with the battery and a small bottle of Pineapple 16 strength, and 10 aspire BDC Clearomiser coils.

What a difference a decent battery makes!!! I wanted the Istick one but he didnt have some adapter in stock so the cf- v v had to do.

No Smokes bought or smoked since 7th of this month.

Today I found out the exact make of the head unit for sure its a "Aspire ET-S clearomizer" so I spent the €15 for another one, (365 stand again. its local) im gonna buy another 2 for spares. and next week the Istick battery.

Loving it all sofar, hate to say it, but my mate came in from a visit to the smoking area at the pub on Sunday night and I couldnt beleive I used to smell like that!!

Shouting now, MANY, MANY, THANKS TO YOU LOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

€15 for a clearomiser or am i mis-reading this:

here they are for €5.95 - I appreciate its local but fifteen yoyos for a clearo is madness
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/cartomizers-clearomizers/573-clearomizer-aspire-maxi-bvc.html
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/cartomizers-clearomizers/409-clearomizer-aspire-maxi-p-409.html

Mech1 wrote: »
    Wow!

If you look back on my posts on this forum you will see that I started last week on a kit from 365 Dunlaoire, bought by my boss so cost unknown, included 2 spare coils and 3 sml bottles of "strong tobacco" 2*12mg 1*18mg.

On Sunday I visited the other shop (cigtec?) on upper Georges street and bought a Aspire cf-v v 1600 battery, and tried a few non tobacco juices. I left with the battery and a small bottle of Pineapple 16 strength, and 10 aspire BDC Clearomiser coils.

What a difference a decent battery makes!!! I wanted the Istick one but he didnt have some adapter in stock so the cf- v v had to do.

No Smokes bought or smoked since 7th of this month.

Today I found out the exact make of the head unit for sure its a "Aspire ET-S clearomizer" so I spent the €15 for another one, (365 stand again. its local) im gonna buy another 2 for spares. and next week the Istick battery.

Loving it all sofar, hate to say it, but my mate came in from a visit to the smoking area at the pub on Sunday night and I couldnt beleive I used to smell like that!!

Shouting now, MANY, MANY, THANKS TO YOU LOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

dball wrote: »
    €15 for a clearomiser or am i mis-reading this:

here they are for €5.95 - I appreciate its local but fifteen yoyos for a clearo is madness
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/cartomizers-clearomizers/573-clearomizer-aspire-maxi-bvc.html
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/cartomizers-clearomizers/409-clearomizer-aspire-maxi-p-409.html

They are No1 online and No2 Plastic, what im talking about is looking and feeling like Stainless steel. Aspire ET-S clearomizer
    http://www.aspirecig.com/products/bdc-series/bdc29.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

you can order from aspire directly and they only charge €9.50
    http://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-ets-clearomizer-1-piece-pack-p-63.html

Advertisement