Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

dball wrote: »
    you can order from aspire directly and they only charge €9.50
    http://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-ets-clearomizer-1-piece-pack-p-63.html

€9.50 and wait, I much prefer Bricks and mortar and now. But I see that would be good for the future buys, When the panic of not smoking wears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

Im all for supporting B&M shops, I regularly buy juice in Cigatec anytime i'm in Dun laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Nice one man. Its a revelation to get off the smokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Mech1 wrote: »
    €9.50 and wait, I much prefer Bricks and mortar and now. But I see that would be good for the future buys, When the panic of not smoking wears off.

Same one as the one you linked to for €7:00 from ezsmoke.ie , delivered the following day . Only reason we are telling you is to point out the €15 is way over the top .

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/cartomizers-clearomizers/508-clearomizer-aspire-glassomizer-p-508.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

jonski wrote: »
    Same one as the one you linked to for €7:00 from ezsmoke.ie , delivered the following day . Only reason we are telling you is to point out the €15 is way over the top .

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/cartomizers-clearomizers/508-clearomizer-aspire-glassomizer-p-508.html

Now thats well good, order going in now for 3, gotta be great for flavour changing, and includes a coil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ouch.
    I have an iStick 20W and a Protank Mini 3, fired it up this morning and whilst putting it to my mouth a small bit of liquid shot out and went into my eye, the pain was excruciating!
    Will be more careful in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Senator Power with another potential danger to add to her list :p

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Mech1: Congrats on kicking the deathsticks. Its never been so easy or so effective. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭125 Lime St

got a areotank mega the other day and there was a horrible taste off it,metallic taste to the juice i tried in it

done a bit of reading up on it and i had to wash it with vodka then hot water a couple of times to get rid of the cutting oils which were causing the metallic taste,after that its flying now

do you guys wash your new tanks before use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

I was getting a horrible oil smell from my subtank and gave it a wash in some warm water but could still get a little taste when i first fired it up, will have to get some vodka and give it another good clean.My aurotank mega was fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

got a areotank mega the other day and there was a horrible taste off it,metallic taste to the juice i tried in it

done a bit of reading up on it and i had to wash it with vodka then hot water a couple of times to get rid of the cutting oils which were causing the metallic taste,after that its flying now

do you guys wash your new tanks before use?

Generally i dont but this could be a good reason to start!

I always wash my new tanks first . Soak them in some hot water and a drop of wash up liquid for 30 minutes or so and then rinse them off with cold water .

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

Does anyone know the average overall life expectancy of a Janty Ego RGB battery? I'm thinking of buying couple because I love the simplicity and sleekness of them. I already have the Janty clearomizers which I'm using atop a CE4 Battery and I think they're great.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Gez69 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the average overall life expectancy of a Janty Ego RGB battery? I'm thinking of buying couple because I love the simplicity and sleekness of them. I already have the Janty clearomizers which I'm using atop a CE4 Battery and I think they're great.

Cheers.

From a google search, there seems to be 1100mah & 650mah

1100mah, would probably last you all day, depending on how much you vape during the day.

I would stay away from the 650mah

moonboy52 wrote: »
    From a google search, there seems to be 1100mah & 650mah

1100mah, would probably last you all day, depending on how much you vape during the day.

I would stay away from the 650mah

Cheers,

Yeah I will be going for the 1100mah definitely, but really I want to know how long they work for before giving up the ghost entirely and are ready for the bin. I only made this decision because I learned today that CE4 batteries die after a few months.

Vaping on a budget here! :D

Cheers,

Yeah I will be going for the 1100mah definitely, but really I want to know how long they work for before giving up the ghost entirely and are ready for the bin. I only made this decision because I learned today that CE4 batteries die after a few months.

Vaping on a budget here! :D

I am only guessing here, but i would imagine 5 or 6 months, and after that you would see a drop off in how long the battery holds a charge for.

In my opinion they are a false economy, but the main thing is they keep you off the smokes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

6 months is standard for an 1100mah ego battery. A ce4 is a type of clearo, not a battery :p

Honestly, I know you're on a budget, but you'd be better off getting two really good batteries now, rather than a few every few months.

6 months is standard for an 1100mah ego battery. A ce4 is a type of clearo, not a battery :p

Honestly, I know you're on a budget, but you'd be better off getting two really good batteries now, rather than a few every few months.

Gah, just when I thought I was getting the hang of all this! :(

So what is as sleek as a Janty battery that will last much longer? I don't want a box thing or anything that resembles the Apollo 11 :)

So what is as sleek as a Janty battery that will last much longer? I don't want a box thing or anything that resembles the Apollo 11 :)

Vision Spinner II 1600 mAh - €25

You can adjust the voltage on this one

http://irishvape.com/product/vision-spinner-ii-1600-mah/?age-verified=a98b5f8e53

• Advertisement

Experience over the last 6 months has thought me that it doesn't matter what you want , you'll end up with an iStick either way :D

Vision Spinner II 1600 mAh - €25

You can adjust the voltage on this one

Ah thanks Moonboy, that looks like the kind of thing and not a huge price difference from the Jantys (though maybe not quite as sleek).

I know you don't want to hear it, but I'd seriously consider getting the istick 30 over the spinner. The spinner is great but *so last year!* If you haven't held the 30w yet, go in to a shop and hold it. It's as handy as a small ego and handier than the spinner, IMO. But if you really don't want to the spinner is a good battery, I had 2.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I'd seriously consider getting the istick 30 over the spinner. The spinner is great but *so last year!* If you haven't held the 30w yet, go in to a shop and hold it. It's as handy as a small ego and handier than the spinner, IMO. But if you really don't want to the spinner is a good battery, I had 2.

Hmm I dunno, I'm just kind of stuck on the EGO type design, it's a kind of madness really.

What about the Aspire CFVV, anyone have a good word for those?

Hmm I dunno, I'm just kind of stuck on the EGO type design, it's a kind of madness really.

What about the Aspire CFVV, anyone have a good word for those?

You hit the nail on the head Gez :)

I am subbed to about 20 Youtube channels, watching reviews every day :P

The Aspire CFVV or the vision spinner would be a nice upgrade from a basic battery like the one you are using.

Better battery life and you can crank up the power as needed.

You hit the nail on the head Gez :)

I am subbed to about 20 Youtube channels, watching reviews every day :P

The Aspire CFVV or the vision spinner would be a nice upgrade from a basic battery like the one you are using.

Better battery life and you can crank up the power as needed.

Ah hah, this might be the one then! Right I'm off to look at some Youtube reviews :D

Many thanks for all your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Stay away from the Spinners they're crap I had the Spinner V2 and the soldering is very poor on them the top completely came away from the tube on it and it's a common problem with them. If you're sticking with the cylindrical devices go for the Kanger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone else suffer from cold like symptoms when dropping their nic levels? Sore throat, stuffy nose, can't taste **** :(

• Advertisement

No, not at all DB. My only symptom was chain vaping for a while and I'm not on 6 from starting 18.

Most of my family have had a cold over the last couple of weeks. Probably coincidence I would say.

Advertisement