Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Double posted proving the point

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Every time I click on something it feels like I am pulling a block out of a game of jenga.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Constant 503 errors and can't send PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

jellybear wrote: »
    Constant 503 errors and can't send PMs.

Same here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Search is hit and miss too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Same here, constant 503 errors all day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Same here, constant 503 errors all day

Edit: more sql errors when tried to post this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

503s and database errors all over the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Getting a "database" error when attempting posting to threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Been getting worse since yesterday afternoon.

It is really impacting on my ability to procrastinate.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi all, things should be more stable for you now, thanks for the reports especially when it was so difficult to actually get anything to post.

To give a general answer to a few questions, the issues at the moment are a collection of things that seem to be going wrong at the same time rather than one thing that is happening every week. The issue with resolving them and/or moving to something more usable or less 'buggy' is a case of manpower. Keeping things going day to day is currently taking up a lot of time and leaves very little for future proofing the site. However please be assured that when things go back to something resembling 'normality' and we're not all working from home, we will get back to looking to the future of Boards and future proofing it to improve the user experience. Thanks for the suggestions too, although I am not a techie (at all) I appreciate the effort that is going into making suggestions and posting them and the tech team will see them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hi all, things should be more stable for you now, thanks for the reports especially when it was so difficult to actually get anything to post.

To give a general answer to a few questions, the issues at the moment are a collection of things that seem to be going wrong at the same time rather than one thing that is happening every week. The issue with resolving them and/or moving to something more usable or less 'buggy' is a case of manpower. Keeping things going day to day is currently taking up a lot of time and leaves very little for future proofing the site. However please be assured that when things go back to something resembling 'normality' and we're not all working from home, we will get back to looking to the future of Boards and future proofing it to improve the user experience. Thanks for the suggestions too, although I am not a techie (at all) I appreciate the effort that is going into making suggestions and posting them and the tech team will see them too.

Thanks for the update Niamh... appreciate it can't be easy for anyone at the moment, and glad to hear there's recognition that a longer term solution is needed outside of BAU break/fix.

As you refer to the suggestions made, I think looking at ABG's suggested improvements for mobile use should be near the top of that list when the time comes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks guys- was getting 503s this morning- but seems to be working fine now.

Still not great

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Anything specific Joey? We can't do much investigating based on "still not great"

Been fine for me all day. ie. through the night Irish-time.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,103 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Touch site has no issues for me this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got a 503 error there when posting on the full/Desktop site. Refreshed and it went through OK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Niamh getting this constantly when using the site opera and chrome for Android. Few refreshes and it's ok but really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Something wrong again - getting random 520 errors when I click a link, refreshing worked. My home page was showing no topics at all, and if I highlight the My Forums dropdown, the dropdown itself just shows a spinning loading icon.

Site also seems slow today.

• Advertisement

Thanks dulpit, we're aware of that in the last few minutes ourselves and are checking it out. I got some 520 Cloudflare errors myself for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The issues over the last few weekends have shown how much I rely on boards. Hopefully they'll get resolved long term but thanks to those who give their time free to make it possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Not again 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

JeffKenna wrote: »
    The issues over the last few weekends have shown how much I rely on boards. Hopefully they'll get resolved long term but thanks to those who give their time free to make it possible.

Same, especially when I'm working, I do a few tasks that involve clicking buttons and waiting 4-5 minutes, which are usually boards time. Of late it's "I wonder if boards is working?" time. :(

Been good now since my last post. Glad to see it.

Anything specific Joey? We can't do much investigating based on "still not great"

Very very glitchy whenever I click this

https://m.boards.ie/subbed.php - constant 404s for about a month now

Terry Pratchet

Very very glitchy whenever I click this

https://m.boards.ie/subbed.php - constant 404s for about a month now

m.boards.ie

I forgot that was even a thing.

Fair sparse.

m.boards.ie

I forgot that was even a thing.

Yeah the touch site is really ugly in comparison

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I honestly can’t fathom how anyone could use that when touch exists. Looks like a Commodore 64.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement