Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi RobertFoster,

Sorry for the disruption, but this should be resolved again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yep, just seemed like a temporary issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Getting Database errors when trying to post- and if I hit refresh- getting a duplicate post message.
    Hitting refresh a few times loads the page again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm finding search an issue again

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Getting Database errors when trying to post- and if I hit refresh- getting a duplicate post message.
    Hitting refresh a few times loads the page again.

Hopefully this was just a temporary issue. Currently seems fine to me and thankfully we haven't had other reports of this.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm finding search an issue again

What error were you being presented with JP Liz V1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

What's the warning symbol on the YLYL thread about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Do you mean the triangle at the top? Just noticed that myself, saying site isn't secure, nothing weird in settings from what i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm just getting the normal padlock. Touch site as well.
    It must be warning ye it's a post from Capt'n Midnight.

I'm pretty sure that can come up if anything on the page is served from http instead of https.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Yeah it's the triangle symbol instead of the normal padlock symbol. I've never seen it on any other threads before.

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote: »
    Yeah it's the triangle symbol instead of the normal padlock symbol. I've never seen it on any other threads before.

Many of the images linked to come from less than secure sites, hence the warning from the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,562 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Many of the images linked to come from less than secure sites, hence the warning from the browser.
    ^^ Exactly this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

More problems this morning, for me at least. 'Latest posts' and 'My forums' pages switching between showing the latest posts and posts from a couple of hours ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yep, the glitch is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

All manner of glitches this morning. When you click on a forum, your subscription notifications revert back to a number of posts previously read.

Apparently ;) I am the only active user in AH presently, lol - I don't believe it... the glitch is a messer :pac:

...and more ghostly PM notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Having issues as well, the latest post I could see in one thread was from 10 August!

Getting 404s and “there are no recent posts” message on the latest tab.

Touch site

Groundhog day again, just got new post notifications from a couple of weeks ago for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭This is it

Losing new posts. When I click on the last new page of a thread it jumps back and then there is no need page, though I believe there are new posts. Opera on the touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This is it wrote: »
    Losing new posts. When I click on the last new page of a thread it jumps back and then there is no need page, though I believe there are new posts. Opera on the touch site

I just thanked this post and jumped back to the previous page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

osarusan wrote: »
    More problems this morning, for me at least. 'Latest posts' and 'My forums' pages switching between showing the latest posts and posts from a couple of hours ago.

same for me. Seems to be intermittent, but happens often.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Hamsters keep playing hide-the-post again this morning. Please make them stop.

I'm guessing a server behind a load balancer is out of synch somewhere

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Graham wrote: »
    Hamsters keep playing hide-the-post again this morning. Please make them stop.

Having the same problem here, very frequently today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah it's showing posts from April now as the last post even though it also says it has posts from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

404s and zero search results found all over the place this morning - on the touch site anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

osarusan wrote: »
    I'm seeing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

UserCP is pretty useless at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Page one of this thread won't appear https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058109283

edit - it's back :confused:

379Yi.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

keeps telling me my followed threads have new posts, but when I click on them, the posts are from hours ago
    other threads not showing new posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭This is it

Almost unusable at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement