Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

OK but once you complete the captcha what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,962 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got the cloudflare followed by captcha on my tablet earlier, took me about 6 or 7 goes to get past the captcha - not sure if that was me being thick, or a glitch with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I got the cloudflare followed by captcha on my tablet earlier, took me about 6 or 7 goes to get past the captcha - not sure if that was me being thick, or a glitch with it :(

“You missed that bus in the background of that photo. AGAIN!”

(Honestly though I think captchas aren’t that smart aren’t they used to train machine learning?)

Overheal wrote: »

(Honestly though I think captchas aren’t that smart aren’t they used to train machine learning?)
    Tesla training devices love capta's! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭Tork

Site seems to be working fine again but until when? The next weekend or bank holiday when there's nobody around to firefight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Using m. And have to reload my subbed page a few times to get it to appear i just get a page with the amount of members at the top

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Overheal wrote: »

Only a machine could consistently pick the frames with traffic lights/buses/cars etc. And does an extremely small portion of a bus count, or not. Sigh.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Maybe you are a robot? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Only a machine could consistently pick the frames with traffic lights/buses/cars etc. And does an extremely small portion of a bus count, or not. Sigh.........

It can be difficult enough on the mobile to pick out what kind of machine is in the picture.

I know it's a machine but I'm kinda guessing if it's a car, a boat or a bicycle on a pavement?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭mk7r

Tork wrote: »
    Site seems to be working fine again but until when? The next weekend or bank holiday when there's nobody around to firefight?

Mod note:
    To post in Feedback, you must have 100 posts on the site and have been a registered member for at least 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

mk7r wrote: »
    Mod note:
    To post in Feedback, you must have 100 posts on the site and have been a registered member for at least 3 months

Can I ask why must new members have to have so many posts in order to give an opinion ?

That seems utterly stupid, surely new members opinions on feedback also matter,
    Surely new members should be encouraged, not slapped down

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can I ask why must new members have to have so many posts in order to give an opinion ?

That seems utterly stupid, surely new members opinions on feedback also matter,
    Surely new members should be encouraged, not slapped down

It's not for discussion here, but I will point you to this sticky

Feedback was closed for some time and one of the ways we managed to get it back up was to stop some of the re-regs having free reign in here. Posters who have not been on the site very long are not in a position to provide site-wide feedback in this format. They can, however, post about any issues they have in Help Desk

Just to re-iterate, this is not for further discussion in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 28,748 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well this is new

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The Boards App for Samsung Android hasn't been working for the last few days. Is this part of the same problem or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

First Up wrote: »
    The Boards App for Samsung Android hasn't been working for the last few days. Is this part of the same problem or something else?

The boards app is no longer being supported.

The app doesn't work when Cloudflare kicks in.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Well this is new

Were you browsing a specific thread (and page within that thread) when this warning appeared?

Boards.ie Employee

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Well this is new

I've been informed that this is most likely from Cloudflare, and is captcha related and also a false positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,748 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Were you browsing a specific thread (and page within that thread) when this warning appeared?

Sorry Mark.. busy morning but thanks for coming back.

Had a few open at the time - the "Relaxing of restrictions" one in CA was the one I was reading at the time I think
    I've been informed that this is most likely from Cloudflare, and is captcha related and also a false positive.

Yep I figured it probably wasn't much to worry about as Kaspersky is the best at picking these things up in my experience, but just thought I better flag it :)

Boards.ie Employee

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mark- pages seem to be taking an abnormally long time to load (but are loading fine).
    I've tried pinging the site to see if there is some delay- but there doesn't seem to be- max response of 30ms over 4 hops- which seems to be remarkably good.
    Similar load times on a few different devices.
    It is working- just taking a bit longer than you'd expect it to.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

We are undertaking some work on the backend today, but unfortunately this may result in some outages, delays, or 503 errors. We apologise for any disruption caused over the next few hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Still going on.....

An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections”

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Getting dozens of those errors now back to back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Touch site is unusable, sqlstate errors when entering every thread. Switching to desktop site on the same device works just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It was working but hopeless again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Took a good few attempts to get in here tonight. Didn't seem as bad on main page but anytime I clicked into a thread I got the "too many connections" error. This thread seems to be the worst, so far.
    I only use touch site so not sure how the main site performs.

Odd, no issues here at all, using Eir and firefox running on ubuntu

Hate being the bearer of bad news. Just had SQL error too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Touch site is fcuked again.

Is this the new normal now? Can't be arsed dealing with this every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

All seems to be working fine again on desktop site, no issues today at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement