Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

m.boards.ie

I forgot that was even a thing.

Feckin' Hell. Same as that. Clicked on it for the look. That's what I was using when I started on Boards.

Planes_trains_and_automobiles.jpg

Is it just me who has to do captcha twenty times a day and click those three things? When I switch on my Singaporean or Lithuanian VPN, I don't. But on my two Vietnamese WiFi IPs and 4g, I do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's been running very smoothly for me these past few days (thanks guys, BTW :)), but I'm not using ant VPN.

Is it just me who has to do captcha twenty times a day and click those three things? When I switch on my Singaporean or Lithuanian VPN, I don't. But on my two Vietnamese WiFi IPs and 4g, I do.
    Your choice of ISP must be triggering the DoS protective system used by Cloudflare.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Planes_trains_and_automobiles.jpg

Well maybe if you didn’t mess around with things and just used you regular Irish ip you might be fine

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well maybe if you didn’t mess around with things and just used you regular Irish ip you might be fine

I obviously live in Vietnam if I say I have Vietnamese 4G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Here we go again...

You could set a watch by it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Here we go again...

You could set a watch by it at this stage.
    Yep, 503s, database errors, too many connections errors, double posts and the thanks button only working intermittently. It's going to be unusable in an hour.

Touch site again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Trying to send a PM to pay for my Spotify family and I’ve tried 12 times unsuccessfully. Actually sick of Boards going down every weekend. Surely the website must be losing significant traffic from it at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Trying to send a PM to pay for my Spotify family and I’ve tried 12 times unsuccessfully. Actually sick of Boards going down every weekend. Surely the website must be losing significant traffic from it at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Sunday night database errors, right on time

Maybe it’s just to make us all go to bed and be fresh for work tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

you would think that during the early hours of the morning with less users on line and less traffic, the forum would work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭This is it

If manual intervention is required to keep the site going you need to outsource the dev work to get it resolved, leaving it like this over the weekend isn't ideal. Whatever ad revenue you gain normally, this can't be doing the numbers any good. And I'd be very surprised if your userbase isn't dropping off more significantly than it already was due to the errors.

you would think that during the early hours of the morning with less users on line and less traffic, the forum would work better.

It's 9.25pm in Ireland... Probably the sites busiest time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I meant in the early hours after 2am, that was when the problems first started happening weeks ago and site would be down for all those nightshift workers, nighthawks etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,644 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Got a few consecutive 503s a few mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

503 errors on search for me this morning, no where else (desktop site).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi RobertFoster,

Thanks for the heads up. This seems (to me at least) to be the only thing producing 503 errors right now. Hopefully we can get that cleared up soon. Sorry for the ongoing disruption everyone.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

That search issue should be sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What about the barely functioning at the weekend problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,043 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What about the barely functioning at the weekend problem?

Seemed normal for me this past weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Was getting a 521 this morning from 6.30-8.00

Down for a while for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Me too. It's annoying when you've typed out a big long post on the phone, including links, etc., only to find you've wasted your time yet again...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Me too. It's annoying when you've typed out a big long post on the phone, including links, etc., only to find you've wasted your time yet again...

Back > select all text > copy > clipboard > paste and post later when site is back working.

Boards.ie Employee

Sorry all for the disruption, but as you're aware there was a period of outage this morning. It looks like normal service is resumed.

I understand the frustration. Unfortunately, in times when the site is showing itself to be less stable, the best thing to do is to copy the post before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,988 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It really feels like boards is on it's last legs and all that the developers/staff are doing are just put bandages on the issues just hoping they can go another day without issues but quite obvious boards needs a big fix or maybe a major upgrade....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

503ing on desktop site the last few minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement