Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi A1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

NATLOR wrote: »
    Any sign of this being shipped yet. Am looking to get another one and e global have the best price ATM

No sign, I'm giving them till tomorrow as tomorrow will be the 3rd day of the "2-3 days" they said. If no update I'll probably cancel and pay the bit more for the Solution Shop or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hayezer wrote: »
    Any sign of this being shipped yet. Am looking to get another one and e global have the best price ATM

No sign, I'm giving them till tomorrow as tomorrow will be the 3rd day of the "2-3 days" they said. If no update I'll probably cancel and pay the bit more for the Solution Shop or something

Don't bother. I'm waiting a week for dispatch already from Solution Shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

have you tried contacting them? Mine dispatched a day after I ordered, and above (bargainboy maybe one or two posts) seems to have displatched quickly too.

have you tried contacting them? Mine dispatched a day after I ordered, and above (bargainboy maybe one or two posts) seems to have displatched quickly too.

Yep, fobbed off. This is my second one. First one was delivered in record time.

Emailed eGlobal late last night (early Friday morning in Hong Kong) asking for any update and if it can't be dispatched today to cancel the order because 8-9 days without dispatch when it's meant to be delivered within 8 days isn't good enough. No response so gonna wait for confirmation of cancellation before going to another shop, don't want the phone showing up after I order from Honor buy or somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Emailed eGlobal late last night (early Friday morning in Hong Kong) asking for any update and if it can't be dispatched today to cancel the order because 8-9 days without dispatch when it's meant to be delivered within 8 days isn't good enough. No response so gonna wait for confirmation of cancellation before going to another shop, don't want the phone showing up after I order from Honor buy or somewhere!

What colour did you order? Ordered a white/gold from eGlobal on Monday and still no word from them. Only just sent a mail enquiring now.

What colour did you order? Ordered a white/gold from eGlobal on Monday and still no word from them. Only just sent a mail enquiring now.

Ordered black. Let me know if you hear anything back from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Dord wrote: »
    I ordered from thesolutionshop.global yesterday. Total came to 231.23 incl. shipping & taxes. Hope it doesn't take too long as my Moto G3 screen shattered. It still works but not too happy about using it with sharp glass edges on it.

Ordered from thesolutionshop.global on Sunday 2nd and it was delivered to ParcelMotel in Finglas on Wednesday 6th. Finally made it to my local box on Thursday 7th, where I picked it up. Very quick turnaround.

Very impressed by the phone. Build looks great, and the phone is running very smoothly. It came with a clear case & screen protector thrown in, I wasn't aware and have a case on the way.

I charged the phone up on Thursday and have been using it a lot since setting things up and moving my data across. It's only now getting down to below 15% this morning. So, while not an indicator of general day to day battery life it's a good sign. You tend to use the phone more in the first few days.

I'll check it out later today with navigation (Waze) and then games (Plague, Inc.) to see how it handles those. Also will see how the camera is outisde.

EDIT: The box arrived in a DHL bag from UK. Packed well enough in foam inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Went with AliExpress in the end for my second order. Website is saying 7/15 days delivery using DHL. hopefully works out OK

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-MiA1-Mobile-Phone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/32829369385.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.PKe8I2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yes it is.The MIA1 doesnt have the endless confusing versions. Its comes standard with stock android,multi language,all the google services and band 20.

Havent used that seller before but they offer duty free DHL delivery all in for €210

Ugh, eGlobal still haven't dispatched. Ordered this time last week. I've had no contact since ordering and opened a ticket on Saturday asking about my order this was the response:
    Dear Alan,

Thank you for shopping at eGlobal Central! We have received and are now processing your order.

You will be provided with a tracking number of your package once the order has been dispatched from our warehouse. However, it may take up to 48 to 72 hours for respective courier to update the status of the shipment in their website.

There might be occasion that the item(s) you are ordering is/are temporarily out of stock, our customer service representative will approach you for instructions so that we can serve your requirements promptly.

Should you need any further assistance or have any enquiries, please contact our customer service representative by replying to this email or through our livechat system on the website.

Yeah cheers lads, there might be a chance it's out of stock... how about you tell me if it is out of stock and I can order elsewhere. Considering cancelling now. Not too sure.

Ugh, eGlobal still haven't dispatched. Ordered this time last week. I've had no contact since ordering and opened a ticket on Saturday asking about my order this was the response:

Yeah cheers lads, there might be a chance it's out of stock... how about you tell me if it is out of stock and I can order elsewhere. Considering cancelling now. Not too sure.

Yup really not happy with the service. If they could give a definitive answer on when it will be in stock I could decide to cancel or not. They replied to my latest complaint this morning but didn't even answer if it's in stock/when will it be, they just offered a 3 euro discount lol.

Don't order from https://thesolutionshop.global/ They've been fobbing me off on an order that was supposed to ship between the 1st and 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭crazyhorse

Yup really not happy with the service. If they could give a definitive answer on when it will be in stock I could decide to cancel or not. They replied to my latest complaint this morning but didn't even answer if it's in stock/when will it be, they just offered a 3 euro discount lol.
    I am in the same boat with eglobalcentral.eu. Ordered the phone last week and money has been taken from my account. Order status is still showing as "processing". I have just raised a ticket on the site. Complete lack of communication from them to date.

• Advertisement

crazyhorse wrote: »
    I am in the same boat with eglobalcentral.eu. Ordered the phone last week and money has been taken from my account. Order status is now showing as "failed". I have just raised a ticket on the site. Complete lack of communication from them to date.

When did you order? I oreder a white/gold Mi A1 on the 5th of Dec and the order status is "Processing" at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I ordered from geekbuying (german warehouse) on the 6th and my order is still processing. They have taken payment, but no updates since!

There could just be a shortage of stock all round on the run up to Christmas. They all claim to have stock to secure the orders with a hope of getting some supply. We might all be stuffed. :(

There could just be a shortage of stock all round on the run up to Christmas. They all claim to have stock to secure the orders with a hope of getting some supply. We might all be stuffed. :(

Yeah, that's my worry...

I ordered from geekbuying (german warehouse) on the 6th and my order is still processing. They have taken payment, but no updates since!

I ordered from Geekbuying a couple of weeks ago ( Italian warehouse) was processing for a week. Shipped on a Friday had it Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭crazyhorse

When did you order? I oreder a white/gold Mi A1 on the 5th of Dec and the order status is "Processing" at the moment.
    Actually my order is still "processing". Ordered on 6th December

eGlobal order still processing. No response to my queries after their first response. Ordered on the 5th of Dec.

Don't order from https://thesolutionshop.global/ They've been fobbing me off on an order that was supposed to ship between the 1st and 5th.

Got onto Solutionshop on Livechat to ask would it be ready for dispatch if I was to order now and got
    "I'm afraid we're facing some stock shortages at the moment with the Mi A1. Given the situation, there might be some delays in dispatching orders for the Mi A1."

• Registered Users Posts: 12 markmmmm

I ordered one of these phones for my other half off honorbuy eu warehouse,was delivered in 48 hrs,cost about €243,I know you can save money by ordering from china but for quickness was worth paying the extra still a great phone for that price

markmmmm wrote: »
    I ordered one of these phones for my other half off honorbuy eu warehouse,was delivered in 48 hrs,cost about €243,I know you can save money by ordering from china but for quickness was worth paying the extra still a great phone for that price

Yup I just put in a ticket to cancel my eGlobal order and will probably go with Honorbuy, got my current phone off them with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 markmmmm

think they only have the black model in stock at the moment

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I had no problem at all ordering from the solution shop global. I think I had the phone within 5 days.

I'm waiting on another which I ordered from geekbuying German warehouse... Ordered 8 days ago and tracking says its in Ireland. Hope to get it tomorrow or the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I ordered the gold one from eglobal on the 30th of November.

It has been at the processing stage since but I recieved this in an email this morning.

"We are pleased to inform you that your order will be dispatched soon . Tracking number will be available within 48 hours after dispatch."

Status has changed to packing and delivering.

The Muppet wrote: »
    I ordered the gold one from eglobal on the 30th of November.

It has been at the processing stage since but I recieved this in an email this morning.

"We are pleased to inform you that your order will be dispatched soon . Tracking number will be available within 48 hours after dispatch."

Status has changed to packing and delivering.

Same here. Fingers crossed.

This was dispatched on 11th and delivered on the 12th (can't complaint about that!). I originally ordered gold, but there was no stock. If they had told me this on day one, I would have changed the order then and saved time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Same here. Fingers crossed.

Everything crossed at this stage, I was having doubts it would be here before xmas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where is the best/cheapest place to get this now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Where is the best/cheapest place to get this now?

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mia1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks, i'l;l try to find one that ships from the EU to avoid customs.

Thanks, i'l;l try to find one that ships from the EU to avoid customs.

My geekbuying order from their German warehouse was delivered today.
    it was €225.84 delivered (9 days after order made)
    i found a coupon on line to get €8.45 off, which took a large chunk out of the €14.88 delivery fee.

i understand that the italian warehouse is cheaper to deliver from, but they are out of stock at the moment.

if you use the code 4OFFSITE you get about €8.83 off the price from the spanish or german warehouse currently...

sydthebeat wrote: »
    My geekbuying order from their German warehouse was delivered today.
    it was €225.84 delivered (9 days after order made)
    i found a coupon on line to get €8.45 off, which took a large chunk out of the €14.88 delivery fee.

i understand that the italian warehouse is cheaper to deliver from, but they are out of stock at the moment.

if you use the code 4OFFSITE you get about €8.83 off the price from the spanish or german warehouse currently...

how long before your order moved from "processing"?

I have ordered from the same place a week ago and have heard nothing. They have taken payment, but status hasn't changed since.

eGlobal got onto me late last night offering 3 euro discount again after I put in a ticket to cancel my order and then quickly replied saying the phone is back in stock and can be dispatched today so I said fine go ahead with it lol. Status is packing and delivering soon like otehrs have said.

eGlobal got onto me late last night offering 3 euro discount again after I put in a ticket to cancel my order and then quickly replied saying the phone is back in stock and can be dispatched today so I said fine go ahead with it lol. Status is packing and delivering soon like otehrs have said.

Mine has shipped now.

how long before your order moved from "processing"?

I have ordered from the same place a week ago and have heard nothing. They have taken payment, but status hasn't changed since.

hey nat,
    I received an email the day after i made the order to say it had been sent out.
    This email had a tracking number and link to GLS who were the couriers.

• Advertisement

Mine has shipped now.

Mine has not! Still "packing and delivering soon"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

So....
    Ordered November 25th from geekbuying. Meant to do it from the Italian site but made a balls of it.
    Stayed "processing" for about 2 weeks despite several mails from me and a lack of replies from them.
    Sent via DHL on Monday, arrived Wednesday. Stung for 22 bob customs. Still a decent price at 210 all in.
    So far so good...

I don't mind delays once I am advised of them, but so far I ordered a week and a half ago, have sent 2 emails and have had no response. I won't be buying from geekbuying again anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I had a very good experience with geekbuying.com for mine. Bought late Cyber Monday and arrived a week later. Was given good up to date tracking info all during that week. I got it from the Italian warehouse. I bought a fitness tracker since from their Chinese warehouse and paid for DHL express. It was "processing" for about 5 days but after 2 emails it got moving. Again have been given a DHL tracking number which is telling me it has gone from Shenzhen to Hong Kong and has left Hong Kong. Hoping it gets here by next Friday as it's a Christmas present!
    So overall so far I've had a fairly decent experience with geekbuying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

dedaw wrote: »
    So....
    Ordered November 25th from geekbuying. Meant to do it from the Italian site but made a balls of it.
    Stayed "processing" for about 2 weeks despite several mails from me and a lack of replies from them.
    Sent via DHL on Monday, arrived Wednesday. Stung for 22 bob customs. Still a decent price at 210 all in.
    So far so good...

Forgot to add...the UK plug they sent is badly damaged. Piece missing out of the side of it. No pieces broken off in the package so it must have went in it that way. Will send them a photo and an email and see if anything comes of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

crazyhorse wrote: »
    I am in the same boat with eglobalcentral.eu. Ordered the phone last week and money has been taken from my account. Order status is still showing as "processing". I have just raised a ticket on the site. Complete lack of communication from them to date.

This has happened to me as well. I only ordered from them because they were guaranteeing delivery by Xmas if ordered on or before 14th. I ordered the 12th and it's still stuck in processing. No response from them to an email seeking an update.

Have you heard anything since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

eGlobal are an absolute pain to deal with if there's a problem. Quite happy to mark items as in stock but what they really mean is "when you order it we'll try and get some in stock. Their CS are of the stick their fingers in their ears variety unless you say you will cancel the order.

Probably a silly question, but has anyone seen an Mi A1 in any of the Chinese phone places around Dublin city centre?

Tazz T wrote: »
    This has happened to me as well. I only ordered from them because they were guaranteeing delivery by Xmas if ordered on or before 14th. I ordered the 12th and it's still stuck in processing. No response from them to an email seeking an update.

Have you heard anything since?

I ordered an A1 on the 5th of Dec, and it took ten days for the status to change to "Getting ready to ship" and then another for it to ship with a tracking number. Others experiencing the same. Customer service would give no indication of what was going on. From what I've heard the tracking can be a disaster with them too. It seems to just arrive out of no where.

Other similar sellers are having the same issues, so I'm not too sure what the best course of action is.

Went with AliExpress in the end for my second order. Website is saying 7/15 days delivery using DHL. hopefully works out OK

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-MiA1-Mobile-Phone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/32829369385.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.PKe8I2

This has been shipped 7 days after ordering which seems to be the norm when ordering from any Asian seller. Got 2 tracking numbers one for HK to UK and from UK to here. Estimated delivery day Tuesday so nicely in for Christmas

I've put in to cancel my order and get refunded. 11 days with no status change or response to any of my emails is just ridiculous. I have a stop gap phone, so I'll probably re-order after Christmas when things settle down.

Can anyone who has used eGlobal and received their order decipher the order tracking? Trying to understand how close things are:

5 2017-12-18 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2017-12-17 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2017-12-16 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2017-12-15 In transit.
    1 2017-12-14 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

I have no clue what country it's even in...

• Advertisement
Advertisement