Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lennyman01

I purchased The Mi A1 yesterday Afternoon from Honorbuy. Got email this morning to say it was shipped. This afternoon got a text from DHL to say it will be delivered tomorrow. Awesome service. Its the second time I have bought from Honorbuy no complaints at all would recommend them. They ship from Italy so no Customs Duty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It seems like a great phone.
    I was wondering is call quality and coverage good?
    I live in an area where the 3g signal is bad and often switches back to 2g.
    Would that cause any problems?
    Also is there an Irish/UK plug with it for charging?
    Does it take long to charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

quinnd6 wrote: »
    It seems like a great phone.
    I was wondering is call quality and coverage good?
    I live in an area where the 3g signal is bad and often switches back to 2g.
    Would that cause any problems?
    Also is there an Irish/UK plug with it for charging?
    Does it take long to charge?

I have no problem with signal, but I'm in a decent enough signal area most of the time anyway. I ordered from HK Goldway and it came with an EU charger, but there was an Irish/UK adapter with it. I asked for that in the comments when ordering, so not sure if it's included as standard. Charging wise, takes a couple of hours I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Available at geekbuying Italian warehouse for €209 delivered with DHL using code paypal Black only at that price

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-5-5-Inch-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-387831.html

Gold can be got at this price using code YBDXKELX

Better code Geekbuy20 reduces price by €17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Just when I think I've found the right phone I see a thread on a forum with a whole load of complaints and it puts me off buying.
    I found a thread with a whole load of complaints about cellular network signal fluctuating.
    http://c.mi.com/thread-384411-23-1.html

Dang it there's always some flipping problem.
    Anyway I hope anyone who has bought the phone over here doesn't have any of those issues.
    It'd be a right pain having to send one back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Anyone on here suffering from signal issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

TNT truck for delivery from the solution shop was stopped outside my house. Went outside and all, guy just looked at me and drove off.. hoping he comes back.. package hasnt been marked as not delivered.. yet.

Edit: rang support, he marked it as not delivered the scum. Didn't even bother to ring the doorbell. Some people!

glic83 wrote:
    Anyone on here suffering from signal issues?

The thread linked to those issues only has three posts relating to Indian phone networks. Xiaomi have sold thousands of those phones so it's not something that would concern me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My Mi A1 finally came yesterday and so far I'm very impressed. It looks and feels like an expensive phone and it's very fluid. Delighted with the camera as well. 
    I've only set it up and played with it for a little while as I want to put it away for Christmas morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

188 euro for black version on gearbest at the moment.

• Advertisement

Those who have had the a1 for a while, what "mainstream" phone would you compare it to regarding specs, performance etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nsi423

I ordered one of these from Honorbuy the other day, came to €221 in total including the $5 discount - thanks maximo31!
    And I see them on Gearbest HK warehouse for €171 today! Cheapest I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

NATLOR wrote: »
    Available at geekbuying Italian warehouse for €209 delivered with DHL using code paypal Black only at that price

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-5-5-Inch-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-387831.html

Gold can be got at this price using code YBDXKELX

Better code Geekbuy20 reduces price by €17

Could someone please illuminate me on the following:

1) if buying from geekbuying/honor does this invalidate the manufacturer warranty?
    2) if on vendor sites such as these it states that the phone is shipping from an EU member state warehouse, does that effectively mean won't get stung for customs when it arrives in Ireland?

Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

1) if buying from geekbuying/honor does this invalidate the manufacturer warranty?

Not sure what the legal position is but in reality most major manufacturers will accept a receipt from anything that look like a valid supplier.

2) if on vendor sites such as these it states that the phone is shipping from an EU member state warehouse, does that effectively mean won't get stung for customs when it arrives in Ireland?

Effectively yes. Always a small risk that customs could hold the phone on that basis that VAT has not been paid anywhere in the EU.
    I'd stay with DHL. Other suppliers might be as reliable. Worst case you get a long delay and have to pay VAT and a handling charge.

Finally TNT delivered the mi A1 today from the solution shop. Opened it up, got the gold model. It's actually really nice. It's pretty light too!

Just booted it up to make sure it works, tested camera etc and it back in the box to hand to the sister on Christmas.

Will definitely order from the solution shop in the future again, super fast delivery, not very expensive either! It was triple layered in bubble wrap too which was great!

NATLOR wrote: »
    The thread linked to those issues only has three posts relating to Indian phone networks. Xiaomi have sold thousands of those phones so it's not something that would concern me.

I have the redmi note 4 myself so I think they are a great brand of phones, ordere the Mi A1 for my wife, should be here this week 207 delivered from geekbuying. Just need to source a decent cover for her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

hi Soccarboy11 which solution shop did you order from thesolutionshopglobal or the solutionshop.co.uk and which shipping method did you choose and how much all in ? thanks

bargainboy wrote: »
    hi Soccarboy11 which solution shop did you order from thesolutionshopglobal or the solutionshop.co.uk and which shipping method did you choose and how much all in ? thanks

hey! Ordered from the solution shop global, 232 euro all in, shipped the day after I ordered it! I chose the EU express option for 8euro, no taxes or anything, worth it! Their trustpilot rating and theway they really advertise the 24 month warranty, and after seeing a few people here buying from them, influenced me to buy from there and was great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Looks like it's out of stock in European Geekbuying warehouses, whats the next best European warehouse option? Or a reliable China seller that is nice and cheap and won't take a few months to arrive (I could wait about a month)

I ordered mine late Mon night from the Italian geekbuying warehouse. I haven't heard anything since. Hope it was up to date and actually in stock!

• Advertisement

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I ordered mine late Mon night from the Italian geekbuying warehouse. I haven't heard anything since. Hope it was up to date and actually in stock!
    I ordered one on black Friday, still no shipping information, it also said it was in stock at the time as it won't let you add to cart unless it's in stock.

What I'm worried about is that with the rush for the black Friday weekend, the website wasn't keeping up with the sales. I'm sure it probably should have updated automatically but ya never know. Hope you hear something soon glic83!

I also ordered last Friday. It does say processing time can take up to 5 days so won't be getting worried yet. They also restock fairly quickly so even if it was OOS shouldn't be too long till they are back in stock

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bahanaman wrote: »

i got an email this morning to say they have the A1 back in italian stock today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Hi folks,
    Received mine last night. Have not had a chance to use it yet.
    It is a 2 pin charger with it.
    Anyone know where i could get a 3 pin charger please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

maximo31 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Received mine last night. Have not had a chance to use it yet.
    It is a 2 pin charger with it.
    Anyone know where i could get a 3 pin charger please?

It's standard USB on that end of the cable. You can pick up a 3-pin plug with USB anywhere (Tesco for example).

Vibe products are in some supermarkets and filling stations now too - https://vibecentre.com/products/vibe-m3-usb-mains-chargers

Just recieved an email from Geekbuying customer service saying they estimate my order will be shipped within two days. Glad to hear from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Yeah it looks like its back in Italian Geekbuying stock, on Kimovil it says you can get it for 167e with GEEKBUY20 code but it only brings it down to around 200e?

Hayezer wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like its back in Italian Geekbuying stock, on Kimovil it says you can get it for 167e with GEEKBUY20 code but it only brings it down to around 200e?

That price is for the Hong Kong warehouse which would could be liable for customs charges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Just received my delivery from eglobal via dhl.

Ordered last Tuesday. Great service. No extra charges. 202 all in.

FYI I had emailed customer support and they said they would be covering any customs anyway.

Advertisement