Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

maximo31 wrote:
    Got my phone. Really like it except........ maybe some of you good folk could help me out. I can't get on the internet unless i have Wifi. It says i have 4G on the phone but i just can't get on line. I'm no 'Techie' so would appreciate any help or advice.

I'm in the same boat myself. Can't seem to find a fix in the settings. Hope it's not a problem with the phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I ordered from thesolutionshop.global yesterday. Total came to 231.23 incl. shipping & taxes. Hope it doesn't take too long as my Moto G3 screen shattered. It still works but not too happy about using it with sharp glass edges on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Dord wrote: »
    I ordered from thesolutionshop.global yesterday. Total came to 231.23 incl. shipping & taxes. Hope it doesn't take too long as my Moto G3 screen shattered. It still works but not too happy about using it with sharp glass edges on it.

I've ordered two from there. First one was delivered very quickly (ordered Wednesday, delivered Friday) but the second is taking a little longer. I ordered this one last Thursday and it hasn't shipped yet.

I'm with lycamobile and on their site in the help section there are video tutorials on how to set the phone up for mobile Internet. This phone is not listed among those catered for but I just followed the steps in the video for HTC phones and I'm now up and running! Delighted with this and delighted with the phone so far!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have one ordered from eglobal. Was going to buy two, one for me, and one for my OH, then remembered that this doesn't have NFC which I need. Gah,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Grrr ordered from eGlobal on Thursday 30th and no contact about shipping yet so I emailed yesterday asking for an update and they say it's out of stock and will be back in stock in 2-3 days, even though you can still order it on the website now. Tempted enough to chance my arm and ask for a phone case or something to sweeten the deal or I'll order somewhere else lol

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

what case and protective screen is everyone getting for this phone please?
    is there an accepted best option out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I've just ordered one today from geekbuying eu warehouse. I smashed my redmi note 4 pro and botched the screen repair!

I'd also be interested in hearing about any cases people are using

Got a case on ebay with tempered glass. Fits the phone very snugly without adding too much to the size. I'll try to throw up a link.

I ordered this case. If it is as in the picture then it should be pretty nice. I've had Nillkin cases before and the fit & quality is good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075JBR543/

My phone arrived in PM today so just waiting for it to be sent out to my locker. I hate the waiting game... :(:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

sydthebeat wrote: »
    what case and protective screen is everyone getting for this phone please?
    is there an accepted best option out there?

I got the Nilkin case from HK Goldway as part of the package when ordering the phone. It's rubbish. I'm careful with my phones/electronics, and this case has cracked in about 4 different places at this stage. It's quite ugly too. Totally takes away from the design of the phone. Have a new one on the way from Amazon that I'm hoping will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat myself. Can't seem to find a fix in the settings. Hope it's not a problem with the phone!

Have you checked the APN settings are correct? You may need to manually enter them.

Heroditas wrote:
    Have you checked the APN settings are correct? You may need to manually enter them.

Thanks for that. I got the settings on the lycamobile site so I'm up and running! One other thing that has me a little bit worried is that since I put on the tempered glass I got with the protective case, the screen sensitivity is not always as it should be at times. Maybe the tempered glass is too thick?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Any of you good guys recommend where to buy it from and have high hopes (sic "100%") of it being delivered by a week Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

fritzelly wrote: »
    Any of you good guys recommend where to buy it from and have high hopes (sic "100%") of it being delivered by a week Friday?

I ordered on Honourbuy on Sunday, delivered yesterday. Ships from Europe

https://www.honorbuy.com

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

fritzelly wrote: »

Any geekbuying european warehouse, or from the solution shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Hayezer wrote: »
    Grrr ordered from eGlobal on Thursday 30th and no contact about shipping yet so I emailed yesterday asking for an update and they say it's out of stock and will be back in stock in 2-3 days, even though you can still order it on the website now. Tempted enough to chance my arm and ask for a phone case or something to sweeten the deal or I'll order somewhere else lol

Any sign of this being shipped yet. Am looking to get another one and e global have the best price ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

ordered 2 or these from the solutionshopglobal as informed by soccerboy11 ,ordered Monday( the 4th) night and immediately received a conformation email, tue (the 5th)received tracking number email, delivered wed morning (the 6th )by dhl 447 all in ,there was 2 travel adapters and 2 clear cases in the parcel and both phones where sealed properly very fast service .

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

bargainboy wrote: »
    ordered 2 or these from the solutionshopglobal as informed by soccerboy11 ,ordered Monday( the 4th) night and immediately received a conformation email, tue (the 5th)received tracking number email, delivered wed morning (the 6th )by dhl 447 all in ,there was 2 travel adapters and 2 clear cases in the parcel and both phones where sealed properly very fast service .

Glad you got it! Lucky you I didn't receive any clear case with mine :( read I should of but eh oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

thanks again soccerboy11 your not missing out much with the case though ill be on the hunt for a proper one .

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    Any sign of this being shipped yet. Am looking to get another one and e global have the best price ATM

No sign, I'm giving them till tomorrow as tomorrow will be the 3rd day of the "2-3 days" they said. If no update I'll probably cancel and pay the bit more for the Solution Shop or something

NATLOR wrote: »

No sign, I'm giving them till tomorrow as tomorrow will be the 3rd day of the "2-3 days" they said. If no update I'll probably cancel and pay the bit more for the Solution Shop or something

Don't bother. I'm waiting a week for dispatch already from Solution Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

have you tried contacting them? Mine dispatched a day after I ordered, and above (bargainboy maybe one or two posts) seems to have displatched quickly too.

have you tried contacting them? Mine dispatched a day after I ordered, and above (bargainboy maybe one or two posts) seems to have displatched quickly too.

Yep, fobbed off. This is my second one. First one was delivered in record time.

Emailed eGlobal late last night (early Friday morning in Hong Kong) asking for any update and if it can't be dispatched today to cancel the order because 8-9 days without dispatch when it's meant to be delivered within 8 days isn't good enough. No response so gonna wait for confirmation of cancellation before going to another shop, don't want the phone showing up after I order from Honor buy or somewhere!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Emailed eGlobal late last night (early Friday morning in Hong Kong) asking for any update and if it can't be dispatched today to cancel the order because 8-9 days without dispatch when it's meant to be delivered within 8 days isn't good enough. No response so gonna wait for confirmation of cancellation before going to another shop, don't want the phone showing up after I order from Honor buy or somewhere!

What colour did you order? Ordered a white/gold from eGlobal on Monday and still no word from them. Only just sent a mail enquiring now.

What colour did you order? Ordered a white/gold from eGlobal on Monday and still no word from them. Only just sent a mail enquiring now.

Ordered black. Let me know if you hear anything back from them.

Dord wrote: »

Ordered from thesolutionshop.global on Sunday 2nd and it was delivered to ParcelMotel in Finglas on Wednesday 6th. Finally made it to my local box on Thursday 7th, where I picked it up. Very quick turnaround.

Very impressed by the phone. Build looks great, and the phone is running very smoothly. It came with a clear case & screen protector thrown in, I wasn't aware and have a case on the way.

I charged the phone up on Thursday and have been using it a lot since setting things up and moving my data across. It's only now getting down to below 15% this morning. So, while not an indicator of general day to day battery life it's a good sign. You tend to use the phone more in the first few days.

I'll check it out later today with navigation (Waze) and then games (Plague, Inc.) to see how it handles those. Also will see how the camera is outisde.

EDIT: The box arrived in a DHL bag from UK. Packed well enough in foam inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Went with AliExpress in the end for my second order. Website is saying 7/15 days delivery using DHL. hopefully works out OK

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-MiA1-Mobile-Phone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/32829369385.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.PKe8I2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement