Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

thanks soccerboy11 for all the info big help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

NATLOR wrote: »
    That price is for the Hong Kong warehouse which would could be liable for customs charges

Oops of course, should have figured that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyhorse

I ordered the Xiaomi Mi A1 phone through amazon.es a couple of weeks ago. I went with amazon over better value oniline retailers due to the 2 year warranty and their reputation for honouring same. The delivery status is currently "We need more time to provide you with a correct estimated date."

So, I am looking for opinions on whether I should go with another online retailer that will get the phone to me in the next week or two or wait for amazon to restock. Do any of the alternative retailers have a reputation for no qualms returns to rival amazon?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I think you'll find that most of these Chinese/Hong Kong sellers will have difficult returns policies such as requiring you to pay postage back etc.

Are you concerned about returns in case of a fault or just not liking the phone?

I can vouch for eglobalcentral based off my experience outlined above.

Edit: eglobalcentral returns actually seem reasonable:

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/cancellation-and-return-policy-eu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyhorse

PaulKK wrote: »
    I think you'll find that most of these Chinese/Hong Kong sellers will have difficult returns policies such as requiring you to pay postage back etc.

Are you concerned about returns in case of a fault or just not liking the phone?

I can vouch for eglobalcentral based off my experience outlined above.

Thanks for your reply Paul. A bit of both in response to your question regarding returns. I would like the option to return the phone if I'm not happy with it and also also if anything goes wrong within the warranty period.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I purchased from solution shop on Monday. Dispatched to Ireland yesterday. €230 total

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Once you get a date from Amazon they tend to be pretty reliable.

My general experience with Chinese suppliers is that they are awkward to deal with on returns. They are mega reluctant to refund and will often offer half assed alternatives. If your over 12 months forget about it.

Amazon on the other hand gave me a full refund on a 13 month old phone where the power button fell out and I had crocked the led by dropping it from a height. I hoped for a free repair but obviously grabbed the refund.

Put in an order from eGlobal after hearing some good things around here! 206 euro with the insured/express delivery when using a 5.99 off discount code on couponchief. Will update with how long it takes to get here

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

glic83 wrote: »
    I ordered one on black Friday, still no shipping information, it also said it was in stock at the time as it won't let you add to cart unless it's in stock.

I ordered a Note 4 on Saturday from Geekbuy and have not received any tracking email back yet either so not just that the A1 out of stock. Suspect it is just a backlog due to the volume over the Black Friday weekend! Patience is a virtue, so they say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Just got email from geekbuying.com saying my a1 has shipped! Have the tracking number and they've said it will be 1-2 business days! Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Just got email from geekbuying.com saying my a1 has shipped! Have the tracking number and they've said it will be 1-2 business days! Yay!

ditto for my note 4 - finally!!

Hayezer wrote: »
    Put in an order from eGlobal after hearing some good things around here! 206 euro with the insured/express delivery when using a 5.99 off discount code on couponchief. Will update with how long it takes to get here

Just FYI the tracking was useless. Don't even bother with it. Got my delivery 8 days after ordering. I think the site states 6-8 days so fair enough I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

ditto for my note 4 - finally!!

Same as for the phone I ordered last Friday, will have it Monday at the latest all going well

PaulKK wrote: »
    Just FYI the tracking was useless. Don't even bother with it. Got my delivery 8 days after ordering. I think the site states 6-8 days so fair enough I thought.

Did you atleast get a dispatch email? No update about dispatch or anything yet for me!

Hayezer wrote: »
    Did you atleast get a dispatch email? No update about dispatch or anything yet for me!

After 2/3 days they sent a mail saying it was at the courier warehouse and they didn't have tracking yet which would be sent on.

I emailed asking how long it would take, if they were liable for customs and what courier they use and in fairness they replied quickly.

4 later I emailed asking for tracking info and when it would arrive. They replied with a tracking number and said I should have it shortly. Tracking number stated it had departed courier facility. I received the package that evening :-)

Parcel had UK as origin and delivered by DHL.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So eGLobal is the way to go for this phone? Thinking of buying two of them, one for me and the missus. Gold and black.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nsi423

So eGLobal is the way to go for this phone?

I haven't used eGLobal, but I can't fault Honorbuy. Ordered one last Friday, delivered on Tuesday from EU warehouse! Sure I can't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 davypg

So eGLobal is the way to go for this phone? Thinking of buying two of them, one for me and the missus. Gold and black.

Have used eglobal for an S8 and an Mi A1, both delivered quickly with no customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Really impressed with the A1, got it from Gearbest. €180 all in without any customs.

Took about 2.5 weeks to come.

Now to get a decent case and someone will be happy Xmas morning.

Just checked my tracking number and saw that my a1 left the East Midlands facility in the UK at 2:05 am this morning. It began its journey in Trieste at 15:09 last Friday and has been to Venice and Leipzig on its way! It couldn't arrive tomorrow could it?!

• Advertisement

Arrived in the delivery facility in Dublin at 6:03 this morning. Surely it'll make its way into the back of a van in time to get into my hand today. I'm like a child that Santy is coming early to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Got my phone. Really like it except........
    maybe some of you good folk could help me out. I can't get on the internet unless i have Wifi. It says i have 4G on the phone but i just can't get on line.
    I'm no 'Techie' so would appreciate any help or advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

maximo31 wrote: »
    Got my phone. Really like it except........
    maybe some of you good folk could help me out. I can't get on the internet unless i have Wifi. It says i have 4G on the phone but i just can't get on line.
    I'm no 'Techie' so would appreciate any help or advice.
    You need to update APN settings - something like settings - cellular networks - mobile data - options (I don't have this phone so might be a bit different). There will be somewhere to put in an access point name, username and password. You should get these on your mobile provider's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just received mine from Geekbuying IT warehouse 9 days from placing order. In a sealed box so no dodgy ROMs installed thankfully.

Just received mine from Geekbuying IT warehouse 9 days from placing order. In a sealed box so no dodgy ROMs installed thankfully.

Mine's on the road somewhere on it's way to me. Placed my order with Geekbuying late last Monday. Did the courier ring you on his way? I used my work address as my place of delivery and I might be leaving early today.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

just ordered an A1 from geekbuying german warehouse this morning... after weeks of procrastination and weighting up options.

i used a 10$ coupon off so with delivery etc it comes to €225.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

If anyone thinking between this and Moto G5S plus...here's a comparison by Indian Tech site Gadget 360

Bahanaman wrote:
    Mine's on the road somewhere on it's way to me. Placed my order with Geekbuying late last Monday. Did the courier ring you on his way? I used my work address as my place of delivery and I might be leaving early today.

No phone call,but the driver knows me well, had it by 10 am

No phone call,but the driver knows me well, had it by 10 am

You're in Dublin them I take it? I'm in south Carlow.

• Advertisement

Bahanaman wrote:
    You're in Dublin them I take it? I'm in south Carlow.

Wexford

Advertisement